“Getaway from Doha!”

$113.00*
Desert Safari with BBQ and Souq Al Wakra from Doha
Ranked #13 of 111 things to do in Doha
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We visited the inland sea as part of our Arabian Adventures tour. The set up with the tour company meant that we were well accommodated and enjoyed the visit. The sea is lovely for views over the bay and a nice swim! Worth visiting as part of a desert tour!

4  Thank Emily993

Reviewed April 17, 2014

A definite place to visit. The contrast between the dunes and the blue water is remarkable. Great place to spend a weekend on th dunes in traditional tents and pure Arab hospitality. There's two ways to reach here, over the dunes and one by passing the dunes but still worth the drive reachable only by a 4X4. The former is recommended but only if one is well versed with dune driving skills. Nice place to chill out.

4  Thank doolberry
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Mid week adventure with Al Khor kayaking and trips well organised and the water cold on a hot day. Well worth the 2.5 hour drive from Al Khor. Blue sea lots of sand dunes and a look over to a barren Saudi.

1  Thank Tracey H
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my friend visited here and went with Inbound Tours. We were picked up from our apartment and dropped back to the door - our driver was fantastic, friendly and polite. We had a quick camel ride and Arabic tea and then went dune bashing! It was amazing but not for the faint hearted - at times there are vertical drops going down the dunes and going down the sides feels like the car is going to tip over! A bit like a roller coaster and I have to admit I did vomit when I got out!! My friend was made of stronger stuff and went for another go while I relaxed by the sea. A very good morning and not something you do every day so not to be missed!!

4  Thank Jennifer I
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I will call it 'Golden Sand Beach Picnic Spot' which can be accessed in 50-60 minutes through Mesaieed Road from Doha and to go off the metaled road, you will essentially need 4x4 Jeep. All along the shore, loose sand desert is prominent with negotiable dunes. While on the wheels, you will see Qatar energy exploration sites being the main source of inland wealth. Its a scenic spot with shallow blue water, completely devoid of any shop, restaurant or bathroom facilities. Beside swimming, you can create many activities like Bar-Be-Que, games, hiring Beach Bikes or Cars or water scooters, Camel Rides, day camping etc. We hired a Beach-Bike for QR 150/- per hour and enjoyed the ride along the coast and over the dunes for about two hours.

1  Thank kb123742