“AVOID” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #50 of 141 Hotels in Doha
London, United Kingdom
“AVOID”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is a horrible hotel, many if my issues have already been covered but the location is bad, the air con is loud the tv sucks and the food, is canteen food. The duvet was smaller than the bed and when I asked for a bigger one they thought me mad. Finally they gave me another and asked me to put the cover on myself. This sums up the service. The hotel feels dark and dingy and I would not walk out on the streets round there. Finally though free the internet kicked me off every five minutes forcing me to re enter the password.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Doha
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

We have moved to Qatar and still looking for accommodation in Doha. Stayed over 17 nights and counting with my wife and two children. Hotel is very friendly with families, rooms are good size very clean and tidy. All the staff have made us welcome from the GM Mohamed to the waiter staff. Depending on the time of day but 10 minutes to airport and 10 minutes the the sea front, take a map from reception and a tax and explore Doha. Would recommend staying in the hotel to anyone coming for a Qatar.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

I would rate the hotel average.The air conditioning was loud and the bathroom totally sucked.My kettle wasn't working.I also found the hotel wasn't the cleanest and parts of the building seems like it needs completion.Working the tv was also a major issue.They provide free wi fi which is great for any traveling person.Oh and I couldn't find coffee in this place

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Theyear1977
wassenaar
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Safir Doha hotel rated 4 stars! Well.. I have been to Safir Cairo, and I thought this same hotel brand in Doha will be something similar.
Safir Doha is actually a modest hotel in a bad location. You can spot that this hotel is not a 4 star hotel when you enter the hotel. The lobby is very modest with one employee. The rooms though had what looks like clean lenings, but the walls, floor, and bathroom were not as clean.
The food in the restaurant was not only of limited variety but also of bad quality and bad cooking.
I will not recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank traveller20000
Riffa, Bahrain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a single night after my original booking in a different hotel was rejected because Agoda.com had overbooked that hotel (My first, and apparently last time using Agoda.com). The staff at the reception counter were helpful, and especially Mr. Tameem who agreed to book my rooms at the same price that is given by booking.com. The price was acceptable since it was Eid holidays and I walked in in the last minute. I just wished breakfast was included in that price.
The room is clean and the bed is comfy. Apparently, they have some problems with their TVs throughout the hotel!

Room Tip: Try to get one with a view because the room I got was facing an adjacent building. I got ZERO view!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights in July 2013 on business but won't be back.

Good points: Relatively cheap, bed comfy, small but good gym and nice rooftop pool.

Bad points: Room is small, TV is impossible to work, entire hotel is dark and drab ... but none of this matters because the aircon (even on the lowest fan setting) is unbearably loud. The outlet is in the bedroom and on fan speed 1 is ridiculously noisy. The only way you can sleep is to turn it off. Not a problem during winter I suspect but in July when it's 48 degrees outside means you wake up at 4am in a pool of sweat ... nice. I called the Engineer up to the room because I assumed it was faulty but he told me it was working fine and that every room was the same!!! Check out other reviews which also say the same.

Doha is not short of decent hotels so I suggest looking elsewhere during June, July, August and September.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Broomfield, CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I had a day-long layover in Doha and my travel agent booked this hotel for me. As it was a last minute change, I did not have time to check it out online and this was my first transit through Doha. I was very pleasantly surprised. From the airport shuttle driver to the front desk staff to the waiter and chef.....everyone was very friendly and courteous. The food was amazing and the bed and shower were great. I would however recommend extra toiletries in the bathroom. There was no lotion or kleenex. Still, I will be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo