Safir Hotel Doha
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsqatar airwaysfriendly pricesattraction sitesdecent sizetransit passengersdecent hotelbed and pillowsmini barfree shuttleroom servicelong layoverlate checkoutclean hotelfavorite hotelgreat roombuffet breakfastshort stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Prior to my arrival, they arranged my transit visa. The service was prompt and efficient.

Upon my arrival, I was quite surprised that most of the hotel staff were Filipinos. It seems like I am "home" - coz I am a Filipino.

I get what I paid for in this hotel. The staff (Filipino or not) were accommodating and friendly. The room was clean. The breakfast was pretty good enough. I think this hotel was perfectly built for those who are having a transit in Doha. Overall, an impressive service.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I had been to a similar rate hotel recently in Doha, which was good, but this one definitely takes the prize.
Spacious single room, enormous bed (I'd say about 2m x 2m), extra friendly staff, loaded minibar (pay for what you take of course and no alcohol), outdoor pool on rooftop (don't know how it's managed in summer time) and breakfast, included in room price, which will make you wake up just a few minutes earlier to enjoy everything they have to offer. A real treat.
Only con I can think of is the AC sound. It's really noisy.
It's located in Al Najma where you can find all sorts of Southern Asian restaurants. This neighborhood is a well known commercial area and is quite busy. 15min walk to Gulf Cinema (2 screens and mostly Indian movies).

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Victor P
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We were on transit for about 13 hours in Doha before our connecting flight to Amman. Arrived Doha at about 1 am in the wee hours and took a taxi from outside the arrival terminal. No problem getting a taxi because there was quite a queue and taxis came very quickly.

The hotel is situated not very far from the airport, but the driver got lost and we were in the taxi for a good 20 minutes or so when actually it should be a 10 mins drive only.

Finally, we arrived at the hotel. My first impression is that this hotel is situated in a rather run-down area, but the hotel is really new and nice. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful. We helped ourselves to 2 green apples they placed in a tall vase-container beside the reception as a decoration but when we asked if we could have some apples, the receptionist happily obliged. Hehe.

Our room feels cozy with the plush bed and modernist bathroom with a shower (no bathtub, and that's fine). Though we spent only about 7 hours in the hotel, we really enjoyed the stay. The complimentary internet was good too!

In the morning we had a quick breakfast which was included in the room price at the restaurant downstairs. The spread was not too bad. There were pastries, salads...it was a typical american breakfast, with some arabic dishes too like hummus.

After that we zipped by quickly to a nearby shopping mall with Spinney's supermarket in it. (I forgot the name of the mall already). We got there by a car provided by the hotel, with a driver, and we paid for the ride of course, after the husband negotiated a price.

When we checked out of the hotel at about 11.30am, we took the service of the hotel to send us to Doha airport. I remember it was 35 QAR for the trip, in a Nissan X-trail.

All in all, we are satisfied with our choice of staying in Safir Doha during our short transit in Doha.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Heryanti
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I stayed here on a 6 day business trip. The hotel is in the middle of a run down area, not much to see, do, or eat around the hotel. The hotel is geared for in-an-out business traveler. I found the room to be acceptable, clean, but lacked a bit of coziness. My major issue is they miss the details; the walls are a bit dirty here and there, the closet had a few holes and bangs, the bathroom could use a touchup, and the paint could use a freshen-up. Basically, a tad bit of curb appeal and this place is solid.

There is a breakfast buffet, and dinner buffet. While the dishes are pretty good, but the food and its elements are a bit old. There's not a lot of people eating in the hotel so the rotation of the food is suffering.. Example, cut a tomato and put it in the fridge overnight eat it in morning and see the difference. This does not apply to the fruits in the morning. Additionally, the restaurant is quite expensive.

However, the staff is excellent, they try very hard to please you and take care of you. For a days stay this is good, I would not stay here for more than a week due to the location & food. Not really a holiday spot either.

This place does not serve alcohol,but you do small bottles of water in the rooms. The workout room is basic, the pool is large and pretty empty most of the time. Sauna & steam room were excellent, internet connection was excellent, large TV.

The AC Unit blower is inside the room and will be super loud!

I will be staying here again on 5 day stays!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2011

We stopped in Doha on our way to Bhoutan and really enjoyed our three nights,We did a nice city tour and dunes tour also.The Hotel was nice and clean and the personnel very helpful .We enjoyed the pool and good choice in buffet..

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends