“Modern Hotel with friendly staff”
Review of Ramada Encore Doha

Ramada Encore Doha
Ranked #39 of 134 Hotels in Doha
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Modern Hotel with friendly staff”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had to book a business trip to Doha and we were recommended by a business acquaintance to make a booking at this hotel.
The rooms are spotlessly clean. With an on suite bathroom with shower, toilet and washbasin. I received a welcome pack with a packet of biscuits and a bottle of water. The AC worked well and the flat screen TV was a reasonable size. The normal middle eastern channels were available.
The hotel has a heated pool, well equipped gym and sauna on the 11th floor. The restaurant is OK, but the menu is not very elaborate. A down side of the Hotel was that they could not arrange a Qatari visa for me and they only told me this after I paid for the reservation and would have had to pay a cancellation fee if I wanted to book at their sister hotel that could have arranged the visa for me. Getting a visa for Qatar is wrapped in the most red tape that I have EVER encountered. If we did not go for a meeting on invitation of our client we would not have managed to get my visa sorted out. Make sure about the visa requirements prior to planning to visit Qatar. In general it is a good hotel that I would recommend.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor and it was quiet.
1 Thank AndreWolhuter
SaqibAnwar, General Manager at Ramada Encore Doha, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
We thank you for your feedback and the highest rating given to our hotel. It is our pleasure to have been your host hotel in Doha and we look forward to your return.

Your appreciation has been passed on to all concerned team members and they join me in wishing you the best.

We are in the process of extending our menu choices and this should be done in the next few weeks while we are sorry for the inability to offer visa assitance on a temporary basis. This is now sorted out and we are able to offer this service.

Thank you once again.

Saqib Anwar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I truly enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

Pricing couldn't have been better. I was on the 11th floor. There were only two rooms on that floor, so it was very quiet. Nearby was the swimming pool and gym. The room was beautiful and welcoming. The bed was very comfortable. I could see the bay from my window and an awesome view of the city at night by the pool. No need for a taxi, but there was one available all the time in the front. Anywhere I went was within walking distance.

Housekeeping was very friendly/respectful and had no problems coming back to clean the room. Everything was always stocked up and looking as if I was just walking in for my stay.

Had a meal at the restaurant. Food was brought out quickly, hot and plated beautifully. It was delicious as well. For me, I was able to make 2 meals out of it.

Everything was well kept from the front door throughout the hotel.

Staff at the front desk were willing to give accurate directions and suggestions on things to do. They were knowledgeable about times and events in the area. Also, they were very fluent with their English. On top of being professional, they were personable. That's what made me appreciate my stay at the Ramada Encore. It was the first time I had traveled out of the country and by myself.

My check out time was at noon, but my flight was not leaving until 2:15am the next morning. I was allowed to place my bags in a secure room at no additional charge so that I could go and enjoy my last afternoon in Doha.

I would not think to stay anywhere else. No negative experiences whatsoever.

For my experience, my only suggestion would be to have currency exchange still available later that day.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank phatgirlz74
SaqibAnwar, General Manager at Ramada Encore Doha, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your encouragement which will help us to improve further. We are very happy to have made your trip a wonderful experience.

It has always been an endeavour of all our team members to provide superior services at great value. Everything we do is based around practicality, quality and affordability.

All my colleagues join me in wishing you the best and we await your next stay at our hotel.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This hotel is good value for money. The rooms are clean and, while a little on the small side - very comfortable.
The location is ok for Education City, and the Conference Centre - although the traffic in Doha makes it a bit of a lottery to judge times.

The absolute highlight of this hotel is the staff. From reception and checking in, to the doorman, and restaurant the people are friendly and pleasant, as well as efficient.

Evening meal in the hotel was pretty good - I had the mixed grill, but my companions didn't get along so well with their meals.

My one criticism would be the breakfast - especially the "hot" food. The eggs appear to be cooked well in advance, and were cold and congealed at 7.30am. The same with the sausages. The fruit was pretty good - but the juice was pretty ordinary concentrate.

I would stay here again, but on a room only rate, and break my fast elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
SaqibAnwar, General Manager at Ramada Encore Doha, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay and generous comments that will be passed on to our team members.

We are happy that you appreciate the value offered by our hotel versus and liked the trendy and practical design of the rooms. Our bedrooms are compact at 22sq.m while offereing all the essentials for todays' travelers.

You are correct, our biggest asset are our team members who always go an extra mile for guests.

I will discuss your comments about the breakfast with our chef and hope you will not be breaking your fast elsewhere next time.

Knysna, South Africa
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I arrived at 8am after an 11 hour flight with no sleep, and was allowed an early check in. The room was perfect, with great attention to detail...even an iron in the room. Fantastic aircon, everything worked well. Very efficient staff at check in. There is a nice leisure centre but I didn't have time to use it as I was too busy exploring the souk, a ten minute walk from the hotel. Excellent value.

Room Tip: Upgrade to business room for only a few extra euros.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your appreciation and we are glad to have met your expectations.

Our hotel is well liked by most travelers, from layover to leisure to business, being close to the airport as well as cultural attractions and business venues like souq waqif, the museums, corniche, bank street, b & c ring roads etc.

We are especially proud of our friendly and helpful team members who are amongst the best in town.

We hope you will choose to stay with us in the future as well.

RTP, NC
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed at this hotel again and had great service and room was ok. It's a short walk to shopping and restaurants and there are always private cars waiting to take you anywhere in the city they are priced a bit higher than a regular cab but not much.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
SaqibAnwar, General Manager at Ramada Encore Doha, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for your generous appreciation and we look forward to your continued support.

Our team members do a great job of looking after our guests and we also offer proximity to the airport, souq waqif, the museums, bank street amongst others. Our frequent guest program is also an added bonus for repeat customers.

The private transfer service offered is entirely at guest discretion since most of our clients do not wish to wait for other arrangements.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The Ramada Encore staff are very helpful and friendly. The restaurant is very good. Rooms are decent size, internet does not work well in the rooms but if you just need some sleep then it isn't necessary. They will take you to the airport, which is very close by. Outside the hotel there is not much around but 10 minutes walk you can find some local food and bright lights. What makes this hotel better than others - the staff and I hope they get a bonus.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
SaqibAnwar, General Manager at Ramada Encore Doha, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thanks for your time and comments.

I am happy to see that our hotel appeals to a wide variety of guests. All that we offer revolves around the concepts of practicality, simplicity and affordability without compromising on quality.

Your comment about the internet is correct as we do sometimes face some bandwidth issues when a high numbers of users are loggged on to this free service. We do offer high speed internet at a charge through our business center.

Our location is appreciated by most guests like yourself, being close to the airport and walking distance to Souq Waqif, Musheireb Downtown project, the Museums and a lot more.

I agree that our biggest asset are our team members and we are really proud of them.

SAQIB ANWAR
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I recommend your hotel. Iam staying 3rd time and would stay in your hotel always. I have to say that your service in the hub wwas exeptionally good. Your staff specially Menuka was really good in greeting and treating the customers.

Many thanks again I will come to hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013
SaqibAnwar, General Manager at Ramada Encore Doha, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for your recommendation and we are glad to have you amongst our frequent guests.

Your positive comments about our team members have been passed on to them and we all look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

As a repeat guest, we hope you are taking advantage of Wyndham Rewards, our frequent guest program that offers points or airline miles as well as exciting gift options.

Thank you once again.