“Another great stay”
Review of Ramada Encore Doha

Ramada Encore Doha
Ranked #38 of 138 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed at this hotel again and had great service and room was ok. It's a short walk to shopping and restaurants and there are always private cars waiting to take you anywhere in the city they are priced a bit higher than a regular cab but not much.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
SaqibAnwar, General Manager at Ramada Encore Doha, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for your generous appreciation and we look forward to your continued support.

Our team members do a great job of looking after our guests and we also offer proximity to the airport, souq waqif, the museums, bank street amongst others. Our frequent guest program is also an added bonus for repeat customers.

The private transfer service offered is entirely at guest discretion since most of our clients do not wish to wait for other arrangements.

Saqib Anwar

Reviewed March 20, 2013

The Ramada Encore staff are very helpful and friendly. The restaurant is very good. Rooms are decent size, internet does not work well in the rooms but if you just need some sleep then it isn't necessary. They will take you to the airport, which is very close by. Outside the hotel there is not much around but 10 minutes walk you can find some local food and bright lights. What makes this hotel better than others - the staff and I hope they get a bonus.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
SaqibAnwar, General Manager at Ramada Encore Doha, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Thanks for your time and comments.

I am happy to see that our hotel appeals to a wide variety of guests. All that we offer revolves around the concepts of practicality, simplicity and affordability without compromising on quality.

Your comment about the internet is correct as we do sometimes face some bandwidth issues when a high numbers of users are loggged on to this free service. We do offer high speed internet at a charge through our business center.

Our location is appreciated by most guests like yourself, being close to the airport and walking distance to Souq Waqif, Musheireb Downtown project, the Museums and a lot more.

I agree that our biggest asset are our team members and we are really proud of them.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I recommend your hotel. Iam staying 3rd time and would stay in your hotel always. I have to say that your service in the hub wwas exeptionally good. Your staff specially Menuka was really good in greeting and treating the customers.

Many thanks again I will come to hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2013
SaqibAnwar, General Manager at Ramada Encore Doha, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for your recommendation and we are glad to have you amongst our frequent guests.

Your positive comments about our team members have been passed on to them and we all look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

As a repeat guest, we hope you are taking advantage of Wyndham Rewards, our frequent guest program that offers points or airline miles as well as exciting gift options.

Thank you once again.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

This was my first visit to Doha, Qatar and was solely for personal adventure. Having travelled only as far east as London, this was intended to be an adventure of a lifetime, basically something to tick off my “bucket list.” After booking my flight, I took to the reviews to find a hotel that would fit my needs and wallet. The after checking reviews at several sites, the Ramada Encore continually appeared at the top of people’s list.

Since my trip to Doha was short, I wanted to make sure I took advantage of every minute. One thing in many of the reviews was that some taxi drivers had difficulty finding the hotel on the first try. I decided to call the hotel and inquire as to their suggestion how to reach the hotel quickly and accurately. They provided me the information to give to the cab driver to make sure I got delivered to the hotel swiftly. Also they let me know they offered a car service that would meet me at the airport for what was a very reasonable cost.

After a long series of flights from MCO-JFK-AMS arriving at DOH was a great feeling. The process of clearing immigration and customs was quick and pleasant. People were helpful and polite. As promised the driver was waiting for me in the arrival hall. He introduced himself, took my bags and in a few minutes we were on our way to the Ramada Encore.

The ride was quick, less than 15 minutes. We pulled up to the hotel and before I knew it the doorman at the hotel had already delivered my bags to the check in area. I was somewhat awash in awe that I was finally there and along with being wiped out from the long flight a bit out of it. Upon entering the lobby I was struck by how was classy and contemporary it was. The front desk staff were genuinely welcoming and made the process quick. I asked if there was somewhere I could get dinner and they let me know that the restaurant, one level up, was open until 11 p.m.

I got to my room and decided to freshen up. Like the lobby the room was nicely appointed in a contemporary fashion. It was white-glove clean and plenty of space for me. There is even a small refrigerator which was a perfect addition to the room. The hotel thoughtfully provides some snacks and two bottles of water to welcome you to your room upon arrival.

The restaurant provided a nice selection of menu items from simple soup and sandwich to full dinner meals. The service was very attentive and the environment was pleasant. I enjoyed my flavorful meal and retried to my room for a good night’s sleep.

The next morning I enjoy the buffet breakfast that the hotel offers. It was very fresh with lots of options to choose from. The restaurant also provides a nice selection of newspapers for you to peruse while you dine an added plus in my book.

Several times during my stay I asked the front desk staff for guidance and suggestion. The hotel is located within easy walking distance of the Souq Waqif (don’t be a fool and miss this) and Grand Mosque. I took advantage of the car service for a trip to the Villagio Mall (a great mall if you are craving Starbucks).

After a couple of great days in Doha it came time to leave. But instead of it being a one-time trip, I am now already making plans for a return visit next year. You can bet that the return visit will include staying at the Ramada Encore. I greatly enjoyed my first visit to both Doha and the Ramada Encore.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
SaqibAnwar, General Manager at Ramada Encore Doha, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Thank you for your detailed and lavish praise for our product, services and most importantly our friendly and helpful team members.

I do appreciate the effort and time taken to post your comments and have shared the same with all our colleagues.

We shall be awaiting your next stay at our hotel.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Don't let the gas station in front of the hotel put you off. This is a very classy, quiet, well situated hotel with a friendly + efficient + well dressed front desk led by the unflappable Mena. The taxi from the airport is about $9, and you can walk from the hotel to the souq and corniche. The decor is very modernist. Breakfast is separate, and probably not worth the $20+ rate. Internet, for me at least, was a bit slow at times, maybe a reflection of total guest demand. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank dgdevil
SaqibAnwar, General Manager at Ramada Encore Doha, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you for the time taken to post your comments and we are very happy to read your feedback.

Our front desk team is truly outstanding and Mena is one of our valuable team members. Your appreciation of our product quality as well as proximity to the airport and tourist attractions is oft mentioned by most of our guests.

We are happy to be rated as amongst the best and will look forward to your stay with us again.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed here for a few nights. Quite a basic hotel. Clean but uninspiring rooms. The internet was a bit haphazard. The staff were pleasant, particularly the driver who both collected me from the Airport and dropped me off there. Good value.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
SaqibAnwar, General Manager at Ramada Encore Doha, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Thank you for your candid comments and choosing to stay with us.

We are glad to know that you appreciate the value offered by our practical concept and the helpfulness of our friendly team members.

The Ramada Encore is a modern and trendy brand focusing on offering all the essentials expected by todays' travelers without a high price tag.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

The taxi driver found the place easily but some other drivers struggled. The hotel itself was almost perfect for my 4 day business stay. Excellent room, comfy bed, fantastic shower, tea and coffee making facilities, 2 bottles of water every day and free and fast wifi. This faded every once in a while but that was usually in the evening when I used Skype like every other person staying so what do you expect. Staff were very helpful, as mentioned before Mona in the restaurant was very welcoming and staff were efficient sometimes a little too efficient as the restuarant was sadly not overly busy. Food was very good and they do a lunchtime takeaway that suited me as I wanted to work and not sit in a restaurant and they called me when it was ready. Desk staff were very helpful but if you use the hotel car as transport the cost was about double a cab, having said that this is standard practice in Doha. The hotel is within walking distance of the Souk and other sites but for me the only downside was that there are not many restaurants close by, the ones in the Souk are very touristy (as they would be) and the ones near the hotel are very "local" and can feel slightly intimidating. The pool is amazing and has a great view and a there is a full gym set up. Finally I checked out late as I had a night flight and they said that if I needed to freshen up later on I could use the shower facilities of the gym. I like the non stuffy attitude and having visited the Radisson Blu am actually very happy that I stayed here. Having said all of that if you are prepared for some walking the hotel is well placed, very well priced and I will be coming back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
SaqibAnwar, General Manager at Ramada Encore Doha, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Thanks for the time taken to inform us in details about your experience.

We are very happy to have you as another one of our satisfied guests and look forward to your return soon.

Our services, location and amenities offered are appreciated by most of our guests while our team members stand out as being very friendly and helpful. They are our biggest asset.

We will remain focused on exceeding your expectations and thank you once again for your feedback and patronage.