“Excellent Hotel Apartment”

Ranked #31 of 135 Hotels in Doha
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent Hotel Apartment”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

l was in Doha for work and l brought my family with me. We stayed in a different hotel in the first night then we moved to Kempinski. We booked two bedrooms but got upgraded to four. There were four spacious rooms, beautiful living room and a wet-designed Kitchen. Everything was very clean and modern. We felt at home.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Mohammed M
KempinskiDoha, General Manager at Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear Mohamed Mahfooz,

Creating memorable experiences and the feeling of home is our passion at Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha. I am very happy to read that you and your family enjoyed the spacious apartment with our floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking Doha.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and I hope that Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha will be your first choice for your next visit to Qatar.

Warm regards,
Residence Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Arabic first
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 4 month in a one bed room hotel apartment. I lived the place being very practical and close to my work while a walking distance from City Center Mall. Tried the bar once and while being nice, I never thought about visiting back. The pool and the gym are a must do. Internet is a little bit unreliable and slow. While rooms are great and very well equipped, they feel a little bit cold

I would definitely go back and even stay for longer period being a very practical person

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Reda E
Dear Reda E,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience at Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed the location as well as all the facilities at the residence. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced in regards to the speed of our internet connection - we have recently increased the bandwidth for all our guests and I would like to assure you that low speed is an absolute exception since then.

My entire team and I are looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Doha.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I stayed at Kempinsky Doha for alomost 20 days as part of company work at Doha. Company provided me 1BHK apartment which I would say small in size as compared to comparable properties. If you have a choice between W & Kempinski as both are close, W has edge over being more chic & up scaled. However, its a good service apartment but once a week cleaning is less, they should add atleast twice a week service. They charge a hefty fee for breakfast like 130 QR but I could not find a great spread like what its used to be at Intercontinental Doha where I stayed for 1o days as well. Fine place, a bit costly but if I have to spend same kind of money then I will choose W over it. They have free wifi which is good & works well in indoors as well.

Room Tip: Take higher floors....
Dear Shekhu_10,

Thank you for your candid feedback since it is these kind of comments that allow us to improve our product and services and work even harder to deliver only the best to our guests on a consistent basis.

Our breakfast buffet offers a choice of more than 120 carefully selected items of the best quality, including a vast selection of fresh fruits, cold cuts, hot Arabic dishes as well as freshly prepared eggs to your liking. In case our guests would like to opt for a smaller selection, we do offer an individual selection in our gourmet house with freshly baked croissants, dark breads, coffee to go, and more.

Thank you again for your time to share your feedback and sincerely do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to Doha.

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed July 5, 2014

The Kempinski Residence is wonderful located in the prestigious West Bay area of Doha. The appartments are nicely furnitured and the staff is just wonderful and friendly. The Gourmet Shop has great bread and Croissants as well as cakes and little pastries. Great place to stay for short or long term in Doha.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
KempinskiDoha, General Manager at Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Momo T,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, from the freshly baked breads & pastries , the quality of the service delivered by our staff to the fully serviced apartments.

We truly appreciate your comment as it will motivate us in continuing to provide the best services to our guests at Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha.

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Five star luxury - with service to match.

This is very much an apartment hotel - the one stayed in was very comfortable. You can either cater for yourself in the well equipped kitchen or use the 24 hour room service.

The bakery on the ground floor provide an array of quick to go items and freshly baked produce.

The only down point being the odorous smell which occasionally occurs in the bathroom - maintenance were very quick to remedy but it still came back - this is not uncommon and I have experience in other Doha hotels.

On the whole this is a good value place to stay if you are in Doha for long periods.

Room Tip: ask for a non smoking room - they do have them !
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
KempinskiDoha, General Manager at Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Mike T,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha. It is comments like yours that motivate the entire team here to continue to strive for the highest standards and service levels as well as rectify any issues immediately in order to leave a lasting positive impression.

I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not so distant future.

Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed the stay at the hotel the room was nice and spacious. Probably the only problem is the time they take at the restaurant. The gym is amazingly equipped as well as the spa. The location also very nice.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
KempinskiDoha, General Manager at Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Mariano S,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our leisure facilities. We are proud to provide over 300 sqm state-of-the art gym as well as two temperature controlled pools (20m x 6m each) - all exclusively for our residents. With outside temperatures reaching well beyond 40 degrees, these indoor facilities are much appreciated by our guests.

Our entire team is sincerely looking forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I lived in the Kempinski for 9 months.... but only because I had a contract, otherwise I would have been gone within a week. The Kempinski Doha uses the fact that it is a 'residence' and not a 'hotel' as an excuse for every flaw. However, residence or hotel there is no excuse for the amount of problems I faced while living there. The cleaning is appalling, my bathroom shelves and shower window were not cleaned once during my stay and this was supposed to be a services apartment. I had items go missing from my room and when this was reported the unhelpful and frankly rude management dismissed this as unimportant as the missing items were not of high value. Surely the value is not the issue? I had to continuously check my room tab as it was wrong on several occasions to the point that I decided to close it down. When I didn't pay my tab one month I received constant emails and phone calls from the reception harassing me about this... they have a security deposit and I had a contract for 14 months.... where exactly did they think I was going to go? The steam room was constantly out of service. When we moved in we had access to various sports channels, one day this simply stopped without any notice. When we queried this with the reception they were very rude and suggested that we should not complain as 'all hotels in Doha' were experiencing the same problem. This was a lie as I was able to locate many hotels which still had access the channels, the Kempinski simply didn't wasn't to pay the increased fee and rather than admitting this to his residents decided to lie about it. Worst of all it took them 3 weeks to return my deposit when I left and when I queried the amount returned the accounts department thought it appropriate to disclose my confidential financial and banking matters to the other tenants on the contract! Nothing like confidentiality!

All in all I would not recommend this residence / hotel to anyone, there are far nicer places to stay in Doha where you actually receive 5 star service and even a smile from the staff every now and again. I highly recommend the new Intercontinental City, which is cheaper and offers a true 5 star service.

To be fair, I would like to point out that the concierge and gym staff were amazing, the only asset the hotel has and probably the worst paid.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Louise V
Dear Ms. Louise V,

Thank you for your open and candid review of your recent stay with us and it is with regret to hear that we did not manage to meet your expectations. We do take our guest's feedback very seriously since it gives us the opportunity to make improvements and learn from them. I have personally reviewed your comments in detail with the respective department heads in order to get a better understanding of your experience.

We have not found any records of your concerns about cleanliness in our system unfortunately, hence I do not know if or how you communicated these to us. Our entire team is at the disposal of our guests and we genuinely do take time to obtain feedback during the stay in order act immediately once issues are brought to our attention.

Referring to your claim about missing items I have spoken with our Security Manager. The only record I have was about a smaller personal item that was reported as missing, however was found and returned to you. It is not about monetary value and I would like to assure you that we fully appreciate personal items that are dear to a guest. If there has been a misunderstanding or mis-communication while handling this matter I would like to sincerely apologize for this.

I am sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with the provision of sports channels. As you rightly stated, there has been an unexpected change from our provider and we were unfortunately not able to continue to provide these. However, we still provide well over 100 local and international TV channels free of charge. In case a resident would like to install their personal receivers, our IT team is always available to support.

As you know - and your bank has confirmed the same - the delay in transferring your deposit was unfortunately out of our control and I am glad to see that this issue has been resolved in a timely and professional manner.

Once again, I would like to apologize for any shortcomings you have experienced during your stay and I would have hoped you gave us a chance to deal with these immediately once they occurred. I would like to assure you that this does not reflect our aspirations and we take your comments as motivation to work even harder to ensure we consistently deliver the highest level of service to our discerning guests.