“Saturday Lunch in Doha”

Market by Jean-Georges
Ranked #3 of 857 Restaurants in Doha
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
chengdu
“Saturday Lunch in Doha”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

The W Hotel must have the highest visible staff to customer ration I have seen, but I digress.
Valet parking at W Hotel is efficient and free. W Hotel is in West Bay, and I would estimate 4 to 5 star. There were 3 possible places for lunch within the hotel, and we chose Market, because it had a QR 95 3-course lunch. The restaurant was empty, but almost full when we left. There were about 5 choices each course. I had calimari entree, hamour fish with vegetables and warm chocolate pudding with icecream. There was free bread, but no-one tried it - low carb diets all round. The free WiFi was fast. Calimari was good, if a little overdone, the fish was great but small and where were my veggies? This was one of 3 times I had to be assertive to get any service - when I queried the vegetables [or lack of] with the waiter who stopped as I had to raise my voice a little, another gent appreared directly behind me - where they trying to stand over me? A few tiny cubes of something upon the fish were my only veggies. The man behind me asked if I wanted some more veggies? I stopped the conversation there, as I was becoming angry. I had dessert because I was still hungry. With water and teas, bill was QR 290. I probably will not go back - there are better options in Doha. I gave this 4 overall stars, because the food was tasty - 3 and 1/2 is closer to the mark.

• Visited January 2014
WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at Market by Jean-Georges, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Hello presentan123,

Thank you for taking the time to review Market by Jean-Georges, we were glad to hear that you found our dishes tasty, but disappointed to read that you did not fully enjoy your dining experience as you should have. We have taken your feedback with regards to the vegetables, and assure you that we will work on that.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to turn your Market experience around.

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Doha, Ad Dawhah, Qatar
“Sushi Master and Expert ' Didi '”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Hello everyone it's me again Ghaliya Ibrahim Al-Baker with another review, but this time it's about my favorite dish [ Sushi ], I've tried sushi in so many places, some were good and some were awfully bad. But in W Doha Hotel & Residences / Market By Jean-Georges there is a Master and Expert who not only knows what sushi is about, he knows exactly the core of every slice of fish, how it's really supposed to be, everything is done to perfection and the decoration on the plates is amazing. I give my honor and salute to Sushi Master and Expert ' Didi ', thank you Sir for always creating the great master pieces of sushi and sashimi. I would never eat sushi anywhere in Qatar except for one place which is W Doha Hotel & Residences / Market By Jean-Georges. Thank you all for everything you've done to always making sure that each of my experiences at W Doha Hotel & Residences & Market By Jean-Georges is exceptionally unique and thank you Sushi Master and Expert Sir ' Didi ' for all your hard efforts and amazing touch with making the best sushi on earth. If I were to recommend which sushi or sashimi to eat, I would recommend every roll and every slice; just got for it ;-) it's all worth it. From Ghaliya Ibrahim Al-Baker to W Doha Hotel & Residences & Market By Jean-Georges I give you my exquisite regards and love. Take care and may God Bless every soul working extremely hard to make W Doha Hotel & Residences the place it is today 5 Gold Stars with diamonds to me. Thank you and I Love You all :-) :-) :-)

1 Thank 77Expensive
WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at Market by Jean-Georges, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Hello 77Expensive,

Thank you very much once again for your lovely words about Market! It is always such a delight to hear that you enjoy our restaurant consistently. We will definitely share your kind comment with Chef Didi about the sushi.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

“Spot on!”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Market is one restaurant in Doha that has managed to get it right! Over my years in Doha I have became a frequent guest here due to it being loacted near my appartment, I have visited for breakfast, express lunch and dinner as well as the superb brunch spread that is available every Friday. When it comes to eating out in Doha, service and consistency can always be a bit hit or miss, however I always know if I go to Market, it will always be spot on. They always seem to remember my name and know that I always want the non smoking area! The atmosphere is fantastic with a great buzz and excellent music playlist! Thats without even mentioning how delicious the food is... definitely try the shrimp salad!!!

1 Thank hughannak
Hello hughannak,

Thank you very much for your lovely words about Market by Jean Georges! We were very happy to read that you consistently enjoy our restaurant here at W Doha!

Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Doha, Qatar
“Good food with a full wallet”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I have been going to Market several times during the past months. The ambience is great, and the food meets a high standard. Particularly, enjoyed the lamb chops, salmon, or tuna tartar. Dessert: the pavlova is a must. But don't expect to receive a check of less than 250QR per pax.

• Visited December 2013
Hello gabibuj,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Market by Jean Georges, we were glad to hear that you enjoyed the dishes at our restaurant.

Hope to welcome you back again soon.

“All round excellence”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Being in the food industry for more than 10 years now, a restaurant needs to come in a package! and the Market team nail it in all respects. from the moment you arrive you feel welcomed and put at ease by the friendly and elegantly dressed staff, at the table the waitrons knowledge is on par with both the beverage menu and the food.
and then there is the food, Wow! attention to detail on the plate is something of an art which makes every mouthful that much more enjoyable!
The GM Stavros has turned his team into fantastic hosts, it is evident that he ensure the smallest detail is not missed.
thank you for making it so special every time I visit.
definitely be back!

• Visited January 2014
WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at Market by Jean-Georges, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Hello RyanS111,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review of Market by Jean Georges! We were glad to read that you had an enjoyable time at our restaurant.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

The E-Insider

Been to Market by Jean-Georges? Share your experiences!