“Sushi Master and Expert ' Didi '”

Market by Jean-Georges
Ranked #4 of 882 Restaurants in Doha
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Doha, Ad Dawhah, Qatar
“Sushi Master and Expert ' Didi '”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Hello everyone it's me again Ghaliya Ibrahim Al-Baker with another review, but this time it's about my favorite dish [ Sushi ], I've tried sushi in so many places, some were good and some were awfully bad. But in W Doha Hotel & Residences / Market By Jean-Georges there is a Master and Expert who not only knows what sushi is about, he knows exactly the core of every slice of fish, how it's really supposed to be, everything is done to perfection and the decoration on the plates is amazing. I give my honor and salute to Sushi Master and Expert ' Didi ', thank you Sir for always creating the great master pieces of sushi and sashimi. I would never eat sushi anywhere in Qatar except for one place which is W Doha Hotel & Residences / Market By Jean-Georges. Thank you all for everything you've done to always making sure that each of my experiences at W Doha Hotel & Residences & Market By Jean-Georges is exceptionally unique and thank you Sushi Master and Expert Sir ' Didi ' for all your hard efforts and amazing touch with making the best sushi on earth. If I were to recommend which sushi or sashimi to eat, I would recommend every roll and every slice; just got for it ;-) it's all worth it. From Ghaliya Ibrahim Al-Baker to W Doha Hotel & Residences & Market By Jean-Georges I give you my exquisite regards and love. Take care and may God Bless every soul working extremely hard to make W Doha Hotel & Residences the place it is today 5 Gold Stars with diamonds to me. Thank you and I Love You all :-) :-) :-)

1 Thank 77Expensive
WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at Market by Jean-Georges, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Hello 77Expensive,

Thank you very much once again for your lovely words about Market! It is always such a delight to hear that you enjoy our restaurant consistently. We will definitely share your kind comment with Chef Didi about the sushi.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Doha, Qatar
“Spot on!”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Market is one restaurant in Doha that has managed to get it right! Over my years in Doha I have became a frequent guest here due to it being loacted near my appartment, I have visited for breakfast, express lunch and dinner as well as the superb brunch spread that is available every Friday. When it comes to eating out in Doha, service and consistency can always be a bit hit or miss, however I always know if I go to Market, it will always be spot on. They always seem to remember my name and know that I always want the non smoking area! The atmosphere is fantastic with a great buzz and excellent music playlist! Thats without even mentioning how delicious the food is... definitely try the shrimp salad!!!

1 Thank hughannak
Hello hughannak,

Thank you very much for your lovely words about Market by Jean Georges! We were very happy to read that you consistently enjoy our restaurant here at W Doha!

Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Verbier, Switzerland
“Good food with a full wallet”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I have been going to Market several times during the past months. The ambience is great, and the food meets a high standard. Particularly, enjoyed the lamb chops, salmon, or tuna tartar. Dessert: the pavlova is a must. But don't expect to receive a check of less than 250QR per pax.

• Visited December 2013
Hello gabibuj,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Market by Jean Georges, we were glad to hear that you enjoyed the dishes at our restaurant.

Hope to welcome you back again soon.

Doha, Qatar
“All round excellence”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Being in the food industry for more than 10 years now, a restaurant needs to come in a package! and the Market team nail it in all respects. from the moment you arrive you feel welcomed and put at ease by the friendly and elegantly dressed staff, at the table the waitrons knowledge is on par with both the beverage menu and the food.
and then there is the food, Wow! attention to detail on the plate is something of an art which makes every mouthful that much more enjoyable!
The GM Stavros has turned his team into fantastic hosts, it is evident that he ensure the smallest detail is not missed.
thank you for making it so special every time I visit.
definitely be back!

• Visited January 2014
WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at Market by Jean-Georges, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Hello RyanS111,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review of Market by Jean Georges! We were glad to read that you had an enjoyable time at our restaurant.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Business Lunch -Excelent”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

THis eatery has realised its Niche providing 'express' business lunches- limited Menu served quickly to allow guests to enjoy food during their working day.
A good recipe and a sucessful one too.

Food is tasty Staff, attentive all in all, an excelent choice- Try it.

• Visited January 2014
WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at Market by Jean-Georges, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Hello John J,

Thank you very much for your kind review of Market by Jean-Georges, we were glad to hear that you enjoyed our Lunch Express!

Hope to see you again soon!