“lunch” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Market by Jean-Georges

Market by Jean-Georges
Ranked #4 of 839 Restaurants in Doha
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Always reliable and good value. Perhaps they ought to think about changing the dishes more regularly.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Gonca G, E-Insider at Market by Jean-Georges, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Hello Stephen C,

Thank you very much for your lovely review of Market by Jean Georges! We were glad to hear that you had an enjoyable time at our restaurant!

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
“Great food, ambience and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

As a calorie counter I appreciated the manager finding out for me the grams per shrimp in the shrimp salad. Great place.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Gonca G, E-Insider at Market by Jean-Georges, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Hello Khalidax,

Thank you very much for your review of Market, we were glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Market by Jean-Georges is by far the best restaurant in Doha”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I had a late lunch at the Market last Sunday. I'm glad i have waited until 3.00pm. They have a great express lunch menu until 4.00pm. Great selection of starters and main dishes as well as deserts. I had the steamed salmon with truffle mashed potates and it was the best salmon I've ever had in my life. It was a gourmet dining experience rather then an express lunch. I would go back both for lunch and dinner..

1 Thank banugun
Gonca G, E-Insider at Market by Jean-Georges, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Hello banugun,

Thank you very much for your lovely review of Market's Express Lunch! We were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us!

Hope to welcome you again soon!

Doha, Ad Dawhah, Qatar
“The Best Ever As Always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

On Sunday September 22, 2013 at 18:15,
I went again to Market by Jean-Georges, to have another unforgetful experience. Every time I go there I feel blessed to have one of the top people working in this restaurant in Qatar. This time I tried a new type of sushi which starts with a "Y", I'm sorry but I can't remember the name of it. But it tasted amazingly awesome, with Japanese Mayo, a bit of cheese, rice, seaweed and some tiny bread crumbs. It is highly recommended. Another thing that I tried that was new to me, was cuttle fish sashimi, WOW, anyone who can eat raw fish and has no problems, try it. Before I end this review, I would like to thank all my friends at W Doha Hotel & Residences for their continuous warm greetings, you are all a symbol of excellence, never forget that each and every one of you working in this hotel are special and are unique individuals. Every time I come, I will try to make sure that nobody ruins your smiles, your laugher and your motivation. I completely understand what you go through every day, it's not easy working in a hotel, but hang in there everyone, if all the other guests (like some I've seen) don't respect you, don't worry I am here to be by your side, to support you and to make sure you feel safe, happy and comfortable working and living in Qatar. Consider Qatar as your second home, my dear friends of W Doha Hotel & Residences and Market by Jean-Georges, I Love You All, take care and God Bless You ALL!!! Amen.
Best regards and exquisite greetings from my heart to yours,
Ms. Ghaliya Ibrahim Al-Baker

2 Thank 77Expensive
Gonca G, E-Insider at Market by Jean-Georges, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Hello 77Expensive,

Thank you very much wonderful review once again for Market, and thank you for your lovely words! We were very happy to hear that you enjoy our restaurant and W Doha, and the service that is provided by our team.

Hope to welcome you again soon!

Hong Kong, China
“Great Business Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had a reservation for 12pm and was unaware of the traffic congestion that can occur in Doha at lunchtime so I ended up being over half an hour late.

Despite this, I was politely seated and attended to without fuss.

After ordering three courses from the executive lunch, a basket of bread and butter was brought out. Delicious.

My started of a tomato soup was just ok for me. I would have preferred something creamier, but that is just my personal taste.

The salmon and mashed potato main was absolutely delicious. Perfect!

Finally on the basis of reviews on tripadvisor I had the popcorn desert. Perhaps I was getting full by this stage, but I didn't find it as spectacular as some of the others on here. Certainly pleasant enough but next time, I would choose another dessert to try.

My dessert took a long time to come out and the waitstaff were proactive about acknowledging this and apologised, asking if they could offer me a coffee on the house while I waited. I thought this was a lovely gesture especially given a trip to Gordon Ramsay later in the trip resulted in a similar occurence where the staff couldn't be offered making up for it.

Unfortunately the coffee I did end up receiving tasted burnt so I only drank a small amount. Had I paid for this, I wouldn't have been happy, but as stated above, I really appreciated the gesture.

A very reasonably priced lunch in a busy and stylish environment. I would definitely come back.

Hello MsHellfire,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Market, we were glad to hear you enjoyed our restaurant!