“Asian Fusion Lunch Menu”
Review of Spice Market

Spice Market
Ranked #15 of 857 Restaurants in Doha
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Asian Fusion Lunch Menu”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Had lunch twice here with a group, very interesting Asian fusion style three course lunch menu for less than 100 Rials. Very tasty but small helpings. Take about 90 minutes for a full lunch session.

Visited January 2013

• Thai first
Sheffield
“Mixed experience”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I've been here before and enjoyed it, a lot. So, when I had to meet a client in Doha it seemed a good place as long as we got a table near the outer edge, which was a little quieter. The food was great, and would have rated as excellent but service really let them down badly.

First of all, I arrived early so that I could be ready to meet the guy. After waiting an hour, well past when we were supposed to meet, I checked again with the reception desk to find out if something was wrong (I'd already told the manager who I was and who was coming, and he'd seated me) to be told that the guy had been waiting for me for 40 minutes (I'd asked 3 times if he was here yet).

The food came quickly and was great, and at table service good too. However, when I got back to my hotel room I realised I'd been over charged for my drinks. Not by lots (around QR100) but some items which were in the happy hour had been charged at full price, despite clearly asking at the time.

All I'd say is, if you want a vibrant place for great food (I'd recommend the sprouts, seriously good!) - go to spice market. Just don't relax until everyone's sat in the right place at the right time, and check your bill. And to be honest, I don't pay Spice Market prices to have to worry about things like that.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank SIMON G
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
“''Best Place in Doha by Far"”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

You come to Spice Market for great food, great service, and great atmosphere. We got what we expected. Dined on a busy Thursday night and started off with drinks at the bar( Fabilous ginger margaritas). We got to the restaurant over an hour early to enjoy several drinks.I can recomend to start with Sushi Selection and few of the appetizers as they are all so tasty and Yummy,my favorite is Duck Curry and my partner loved the Hamoour . Attentive service and very pleasent atmosphere. Again........pricey, but good

• Visited December 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Interesting Fusion Food”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Was there enjoying another QR89 express lunch. The menu have reasonable choices without being too vast that you would have the feeling of not sure what to choose.
When I just got there just slightly past 12o'clock, there was not a lot of eaters so the waiters probably a little too attentive, however as more people seated down, the service was swift without being too intrusive.
Situated on the first floor, if sitting by the window seat, have a slightly better view than the Market restaurant downstairs.
The food, was hearty, well cooked without being too fancy. The restaurant manager also came around to have a casual conversation which makes you feeling welcoming. I'm not sure if it is usual practice but I was given a free bag a cookie to be taken again which was delicious. Would definitely visit again.

• Visited January 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Awesome spot for happy hour”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

2 for 1 drinks and your choice of a free appetizer. No veggie options for the appy, but there is an a la carte menu that has a great mango salad and lentil soup. The atmosphere inside is very nice, but can get smokey.

Visited December 2012

Been to Spice Market? Share your experiences!