Holiday Villa Hotel & Residence City Centre
Ranked #60 of 137 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed here for 3 days while on business. The rooms are good and clean. The Internet connection was fast and easy. Staff were generally friendly. Toilets are small but it is kept clean and they had enough toiletries made available. It was close to my office and that served me fine.

The menu was limited but when on business it probably is not a big issue.

It was funny that when I ordered a Arabic grill and requested potato fries instead of rice, they wanted to take off the grilled vegetables as well! Shocked me! Also whenever I have had quasadilla it was always grilled but here they served on plain tortilla. Not sure if that is normal.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Holiday V, Manager at Holiday Villa Hotel & Residence City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your accommodation in Doha. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to monitor our hotel operations more closely in our efforts to ensure that our guests have a pleasant stay with us always. It will be our pleasure to have you back again as our guest on your next business visit to Doha. Thank you and warm wishes.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed here for three nights stopover after holiday in Bali. Got off to bad start after Mercury Direct failed to provide transfer as arranged. Hotel is impressive but is a strange design. Swimming pool is small and in the shade, but considerng th temperature was over 40degrees this was probably a good thing. Rooms are not very big but are well equipped and the bathrooms are ok but the shower was not adjuastable for angle so the whole bathroom floor got washed every time we used the shower. The air conditioning was excellent but the controls took some getting used to.The food was OK at breakfast and we tried the evening buffet one night which was Ok and had a good choice of food. The staff at the hotel were excellent and sorted out the return transfer to the airport at no cost to us, a pity Mercury Direct couldnt do this especially as we had paid them for it.
The only complaint was that the hotel was a bit isolated and there was nothing in close proximity; you had to take a taxi everywhere.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Holiday V, Manager at Holiday Villa Hotel & Residence City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for your review .It was a pleasure to have you as our guest of the hotel. We are glad that you have chosen to stay with us and your support is much appreciated.We took note of your observations and apologise for any setbacks and inconveniences caused. We will continue enhancing our hospitality in ensuring that our guests are accorded with a pleasant stay always. Thank you and warm wishes.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Before I launch into well-deserved criticism, I will say that this hotel does its best. The staff are very eager to please and the rooms were kept very clean. The food from room service was exceptional, especially the sandwiches on cibatta bread. The one night I tried the BBQ buffet in the lobby, I left the dining area very full and happy. Even the virgin margarita tasted good. (get a liquor license)

The lobby. What is it with allowing smoking in a public area? The lobby smells. Every morning the 15 meters from the elevator to the glass front doors was a walk/sprint because several people had already lit up. The same coming home. The ventilation for such a habit was lacking.

The receptionist. There's a guy who works there who has zero hospitality skills. You will know him when you meet him. A polite exterior is the only thing he posseses as he makes odd conversation with customers and does not know the simpliest arrangements with bookings. He tried to tack on an extra night payment to my stay.

The swimming pool. Fantastic. Probably the best thing about this hotel was the swimming pool which was clean and not too crowded. Consider installing outdoor showers to rinse off. Otherwise, a well kept facility.

Cleaning services. Aggressive. I was working a split shift which meant I needed a nap in the early afternoon. I was bothered several times by phone calls to collect trays and cleaning staff as well. Staff rang my door to check if cleaning staff had come. Enough! My room was clean, but it was overkill on the check ups.

Great Internet and a good variety of foreign channels to select from. I hope this hotel does well.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments and we appreciate the reviews you had on our hotel. We took note of your observations and our apologies for any shortcomings and setbacks that you has encountered. We will do our best to improve further in our services and continue providing our staff with training and guidance in enhancing our hotel operations. Thank you and warm wishes.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed for a couple of nights on a recent trip.
Room was clean and equiped with everything you'd expect.
Gripe - single beds - although I was alone I like a bit of space when sleeping!
Breakfast was a very good buffet.
Don't be fooled by the 'wine and dine' tab on their website - there is no 'wine' the hotel is dry.
If you want a beer you have to get a taxi down the road to the Ramada.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DavidEL154943
Holiday V, Manager at Holiday Villa Hotel & Residence City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you for your comments on your short stay at our hotel recently .We are glad to learn that you have found the hotel room pleasant to your expectation and enjoyed the buffet breakfast .

We look forward to welcome you again as our valued guest in the near future.

Warm wishes.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

The room is clean and comfortable, Internet is great, Breakfast has many varieties, and all employees are very helpful and friendly.
You will need to ask the hotel to provide you a car or Taxi before you go out from the hotel otherwise you will wait in the main street for an hour until you find one!!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms on the Pool side
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank KodakAgfa

Thank you for the kind comments on your stay at our hotel. We value the pleasant experience that you have shared and hope that you will be our valued guest again on your next visit to Doha.

Warm wishes.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

First off, on paper the hotel seems to be well located between the financial District and the airport.
To be truthful it is but notoriously stuck in a very bad traffic zone which will add considerably to your travelling time to and from the hotel on a daily basis.

The rooms are meant to be basic and impersonal which they are except they are also dirty.
The staff seem to neglect them purposely my advice to any traveller don't look too close in the corners. I had to stay in 3 rooms because of internet trouble and in all the rooms you could see where the brooming of the floors stopped. I say brooming because I never saw them use a vacuum cleaner in the rooms and the carpet was thick with filth, hairs, clothing lint and dust from previous guests.The bathroom was not better, floors and walls were stained with things I did not want to look closely at along with mold. The glass cover on the desk was full of finger prints. It seems that in this hotel the value of bleach, windex, a good mop and a good vacuuming is lost...

By the way wifi is only available in the lobby. Dodgy ethernet in the rooms.

Turning to the staff now. They are for the most part friendly and completely inefficient.
A colleague of mine had internet trouble and even with the help of IT they could not fix it for him for the greater part of a week. When I started having internet issues they told me they made a room ready for me. When I arrived the room had barely been cleaned from the previous guest it smelled of food and more importantly the ethernet jack was broken which meant they had not checked the room previously. Moving into the 3rd room was no better so I had to make an appointment for 7AM the following morning to meet with the IT technician whom I was told works 6AM to midnight. The following morning when he did not show I called down to reception where they informed me that the technician had decided to start his day at 8AM that day. Needless to say I missed my appointment with him.

The restaurant is basic and it's staff aloof. On a daily basis the breakfast buffet barely varies.

All and all there are much better hotels in Doha, in nicer neighbourhoods and comparably for the same price.
If you come here on business the Holiday Villa in the end will cost you more and it will waste your time.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate that you have taken the trouble to write and give us your feedback of your stay at our hotel . We take all your comments positively and will strive in providing superior products and services towards meeting our guest 's satisfaction.

Your concerns are valuable to us as it is through guest feedback like you that will enable us to monitor our hotel operations more closely .

Warm wishes .

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Spent a night in Doha and was quite surprised as how expensive the major branded hotels were. As it was only a night decided to try the Holiday Villa. Its close to the banking area so not bad for business. Part of a complex of multiple buildings so a bit confusing. But for the price, the rooms were decent with all the amenities. No wifi in room which is a problem for those that have a Mac Air. Great restaurant in complex ( not sure if part of hotel) called "Hot Pot". Overall, if you just looking for a decent place to spend the night, nothing wrong with the Holiday Villa

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind comments on your one night stay at our hotel. We value your feedback and glad to learn that you had a pleasant stay . Looking forward to welcome you again as our guest on your next trip to Doha.

Warm wishes