“GH - Doha” 5 of 5 bubbles

Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas
Ranked #18 of 141 Hotels in Doha
“GH - Doha”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

I've been to Doha city many times over the last 3 years, this was the first time I choose to stay at the Grand Hayatt Doha I'm very pleased i mad this choice. Great Service, Location, Rooms and Food :)

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear Muhammad,

I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for your possitive comments and kind words about our services and food quality.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon to experience another enjoyable stay.

Christoph K.Franzen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Utrecht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Location out of town. Is that good or not? Doha is not much of a city, more a bunch of buildings. And the Hyatt does offers a nice garden and beach instead.
The Hyatt is quit a drive from the airport, but city and airport are still within reasonable distance with affordable taxi rates.

The entrance is Grand. Maybe a bit cool even bleak, but we arrived on a rare rainy cold winters day. We arrived at 07:30 PM. We were immediately advised that we good use the club lounge till 08.00 PM. Very good food/drinks and great service. Not at all pushing towards closure shortly before actual closing time.

Our clubroom was a typical Grand Hyatt room. Large, great bed, minimalist design, all in good working condition. Just as it is supposed to be. We were not surprised be some unique feature and we were nor surprised by anything bad either. Just very reliable.

There is just one big problem. It is very difficult to get a taxi. It can take quit some time for your transport to arrive. I must say Hyatt is very honest about it on their internet site. So you might want to book in advance. Concierge might offer you a slightly more expensive non-taxi driver. But in any case, taxi or non-taxi driver, be absolutely clear about destination and price. Concierge/doormen could offer just a bit more assistance in the future. On the way to the airport this assistance was offered by Carolien from the club staff. She brought us all the way from the club to our taxi ad waved us goodbye. A much appreciated personal touch in a professional business surrounding.

Room Tip: Ask for or book a beach view room. Club can be very convenient as outdoor facilities might be a bit...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear KeesE,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Doha.We work hard a superb guest experience and I was especially happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to meet your expectations.
Thank you for your feedback regarding the taxi and Concierge services. I have passed on your comments to the respective departments so we can look at ways to maintain the highest standards of service for our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand Hyatt Doha where you are more than welcome.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Having stayed with the Hyatt brand before my expectations of the Doha Grand Hyatt were simply not met. We had booked a one night stay there for a weekend ‘staycation’. On arrival, we were escorted to the club check in lounge, my partner and I waited for nearly an hour to be checked in. When we approached the check in staff, they said they didn’t even know we were waiting (despite sitting with hand luggage in an empty lounge) and had not been told by the bell boy who escorted us that we were waiting for check in.
I had booked the stay online where it had clearly stated that construction would be finished before our stay. It was not. The outdoor Rocca pool was still closed. I must add that the hotel sent an apology card along with some wine, fruit and sweets which was a nice gesture, but I felt this was not good enough (saying as my King Sea View room was not what most would consider a sea view and instead looked over the under construction pool and the adjacent hotel (The Ritz)). This was not a sea view room and the bed was certainly not what I would consider a King. This string of disappointments starting with check in put a downer on our one night stay.
There was no room service menu in our room; there were barely any amenities in the toilet and even a small water leak. The door to the adjoining room although locked was incredibly noisy, you could hear every word from the neighbours room. We had dinner at Rocca where the barely full restaurant still struggled with service, providing us with one new menu, one old menu and no drinks menu. After 10 minutes the waiter rectified this. We received our bread starter with our main course; there was no time between the two courses. The waiter was a lovely guy but unfortunately he would disappear from 15-20 minutes at a time, leaving us waiting (again) for the bill.
The next morning at 9:30am the construction started. It was incredibly loud and we ended up checking out early as we couldn’t stand the noise anymore. I understand hotels have to renovate but I had specifically checked that this would be finished by our stay.
On check out, the assistant manager was highly apologetic and incredibly polite. He took our Rocca bill off the check but to be honest, I felt that I had wasted my money on the room (which cost 4X the Rocca meal). The staff at the Hyatt have very professional demeanours however the service and attention to detail was far below par for a Hyatt. We were not even told about breakfast (when/where) on check in. Highly disappointed.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Brixpat
Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Brixpat,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us wth this quality feedback. It is with much regret to know about the unpleasant experience that you have encoutered during your stay.
We humbly apologize for the inconvenience caused.
We do sincerely hope that this experience have not marred your impression of Grand Hyatt Doha.
Myself and the entire team will be pleased to welcome you back in the near future and allow us to demonstrate our commitment to the highest levels of service.

Nagpur, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

I stayed one night on business and found the hotel to fulfil my needs. Reception to the hotel was friendly and efficient and the room was just right for my needs and, most importantly, clean. I ate in the room in the evening and apart from the lack of a room service menu (soon sorted) the food and service were good.
Breakfast for me is a "main event" and this one didn't disappoint at all... there is a lot to choose from and the staff were attentive yet unobtrusive (something I wish other places could emulate)
Check out was fast and friendly
In a nutshell.... nothing to really complain about but nothing to set it above any other similar type of hotel

Dear Mgomezulu,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Doha.
I was pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your time with us. I will definitely share your most kind comments to the rest of the team as it is always gratifying for us to receive such remarks and give us opportunity to show our team that their efforts are truly appreciated by our guests.
It was please to have you staying with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

Though there is a little inconvenience on the room that we booked to celebrate our anniv due to weekends and some occasion that day they still cover it up by upgrading our room.. we met mr.pradip who never leave us until there was someone to assist us.. finally we met our kabayan ms. Norline whos very accomodating.. room was clean and the furnitures have a good smell..everything was there.. food was fantastic..staff are nice..sad thing is even if we want to stay longer days but we both have work on saturdays.. but surely were planning to come back soon on holidays or another celebrations..

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Mayafroi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Doha.
We work hard to deliver a superb guest experience and I was especially happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It is great pleasure to read such a great comments about our services.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

This deluxe 5* beachfront hotel in West Bay Lagoon, 10 mins by taxi from the city center, is a welcome place of peace and tranquility in what can often be a stressful city.
Rooms are spacious and relaxing, bathrooms are huge with deep baths and separate oversized glass-walled showers, and the Hyatt Grand Bed is incredibly comfortable. It's worth paying a little bit more to stay in a Grand room with access to the hotel's spacious and decadent Grand Club Lounge, and enjoy free wines from 6pm 'til 8pm every night and the services of dedicated staff to attend to flight changes etc without fuss or delay.
Now that the hotel's cuisine is under the direction of talented French chef Jean-Christophe Fieschi, the food served in Rocca, The Grill, Majlis Arabic Café and Thai restaurant Isaan is all superb. I have to mention the veal cutlet in Rocca which is to die for (I ate it three times during my last stay!)
Don't miss Dunes for a nightcap, especially now that Miss Avis Ellis has returned to Grand Hyatt Doha, fresh from performing in a Las Vegas show. Avis is an incredible performer, and her pianist Juan is the most talented I have seen in Doha for a long time. Coupled with an expertly prepared cocktail courtesy of Aussie mixologist Anita Strother, Dunes is undoubtedly one of Doha's top bars all round. A truly happening hotel bar if ever I saw one.
If you request the hotel's 7 series BMW for your airport transfers you will have wi-fi in the car.
This hotel just keeps getting better and better. Well done Grand Hyatt Doha. Can't wait for my next visit.

Room Tip: Pay a little bit more for a Grand room so you have access to the hotel's Grand Club Lounge
Dear Christopher-Giovanni,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Doha.
It is a great pleasure to read such feedback and it's encouraging to hear that we were able to meet your expectations.
It was pleasure to have you staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon to experience another enjoyable stay.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for about 20 days in January and again I am here for an extended stay and this hotel never fails to disappoint with food. I only stay here because I want to retain status with hyatt.

A five star hotel that is totally incapable of making a Tuna Sandwich or simple chicken breast sandwich?

The room service is literally disgusting. The food is tasteless, presentation is poor, the serving staff have exceptionally poor hygiene and manners.

The breakfast spread while looking nice leaves much to be desired. The freshly baked desserts look fantastic... taste like wood.

I sincerely hope that one day this hotel will wake up and realise that the food is AWFUL and dragging the overall guest experience down.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank JonniP
Dear JonniP,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Doha. We do appreciate your feedback and I have passed on your comments about your experience with the food and room service to the respective department. We will use it to look at ways that we can improve and continue to provide the best guest experience possible.
I hope you will return to Grand Hyatt Doha in the future and allow us to demonstrate our commitment to the highest levels of services.