“excellent”

Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas
Ranked #21 of 137 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

have been 3 nights was my first time. it's far from the city center but for holiday is amazing. service, food and beach are fantastic. need to change the outdoor furniture and other items inside villas and lounge area.

• Stayed: June 2013
Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear massimiliano v,

Thank you for your valuable feedback with regards to your recent stay with us.
I have passed on your comments regarding the outdoor furniture and items inside of villas to the respective department so we can look at ways to maintain the highest standards of service for our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand Hyatt Doha in the near future.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed on the Club Level floor which included breakfast and various food and snacks during the stay - definitely worth the upgrade. The concierge staff on the floor was extremely helpful with all of our requests as well. Spa and pool areas were lovely - it was a bit windy but the beach was still really enjoyable. I didn't stay in Doha long but the hotel is not with the other big name hotels, however you have a lovely staff to guide you in the right direction and taxis are cheap so it does not seem to matter. Bars were expensive as hotel bars in Qatar are, but they had great promotions which made the prices completely reasonable. In the end, I would say this hotel offers a higher level of service than I would expect in the area - the staff are really well trained from the people offering you a towel at the pool to the manager who graciously let us have a late check out. I wouldn't hesitate to return on my next trip.

Room Tip: Club Level room is worth the extra amenities included
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear merestarks,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Doha.
We work hard to deliver a superb guest experience and I was especially happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay in our hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand Hyatt Doha where you are more than welcome.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I did not stay at this hotel, although it looks lovely. I bought a day pass to spend the day at the beach and pool.
There are 2 very small change rooms and 2 bathrooms for everyone. There are no inside showers . The fruit drinks cost 31 QR. Thankfully we were given free water. This was very nice and necessary if drinks of pop and fruit juices are that expensiive.
The beach was lovely.
you have to get there very early in the morning however to get an umbrella to sit under.
The pools are fine but it would be nice to have an adult pool and a children's pool. There are enough small pools there. Kids had huge toys in the pool so it was hard to swim a lenght of the pool without running into a green air- filled crocodile.
It has a lot of potential.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Do K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Doha and I especially welcome your feedback regarding the pools and beach.
I have passed on your comments about your experience to the respective department and we will use it to look at ways that we can improve and continue to provide the best guest experience possible.
I hope you will return to Grand Hyatt Doha in the future and allow us to demonstrate our commitment to the highest levels of services.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Grand Hyatt Doha does not need any introduction..With unmatched luxury and enjoyment of fantastic hotel deals in Doha, Qatar beach hotels featuring some of the best restaurants in Doha, Grand Hyatt Doha e.g. dining experience with authentic Thai & Mediterranean kitchens and I would recommend any Grand Hyatt just to eat in their restaurants & Steak House ... You will be mad not to try it.

Room Tip: Standard room
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear s9642689,

Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience of Grand Hyatt Doha.
I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and I was very happy to read your possitive feedback regarding the hotel restaurants.It is encouraging to hear that we were able to meet your expectation.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon to experience another fabulous stay.

Warm regads,

Reviewed June 1, 2013

My husband and I decided to spend this weekend at the Grand Hyatt and I must say it was a great decision, From the superb rooms and variety of restaurants to choose from, it was just the perfect getaway. The beach and the pool is very inviting. We had dinner at Isaan Thai Restaurant, where our meal just could not get better. A special thanks to Mr.Varun Singh (management) who made our stay even more special than we expected. The level of professionalism and hospitality especially from this member from your staff was superb. The Grand Hyatt I guess, just has the best hotel management staff in the whole of Doha!!!! Thank you once again for making our trip very memorable.....:)

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not above Rocca Bar if you are staying for the weekend. Music tends to get ve...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Dear Sanober M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Doha.
We work hard to deliver a superb guest experience and I was especially happy to hear you enjoyed the food and services at Isaan - Thai restaurant.
It is always gratifying for us to receive such remarks as this give us the opportunity to show our team that their efforts are truly appreciated by our guests.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was staying in hotel in April by visiting my sister working in Qatar. Hotel is great and offers a lot of different opportunities. Especially I enjoyed time spend at pool; pool restaurant food was very nice.
Important for me that my room had balcony( on check in I was offered to choose which view ill prefer, what I liked a lot) and I had possibility to have morning coffee on balcony by sun rise.
All staff is extremely friendly, especially at Grand floor . They will always ask you about stay and things going on.
Nice escape place for sun joy.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Tatyana L,

Thank you for your valuable feedback with regards to your recent stay with us.
I am trully dlighted to read that you have enoyed your time and that we met your expectations.
We look forward welcoming you back to the Grand Hyatt Doha where you are more than welcome.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I spend 60% of my time traveling in the gulf and stay in various hotels. What i look for in order of priority are management, staff, rooms, restaurants and amenities. It has to be my home away from home. I changed hotels in Doha based on my experience with Hyatt in Muscat where i switched after spending several years at another. The hotel management was the strongest i had seen to date--professional-responsive-friendly and genuinely proud of the hotel throughout. He had his finger on the pulse of every service and amenity and it showed. His mark was made on the staff and the general atmosphere. My company has many people traveling in the gulf and good experiences get passed on. As a result, most if not all of my colleagues switched to the grand Hyatt when staying in Muscat. Having heard that the management shifted to Doha, i decided to see for myself and switched there as well. I was not disappointed --same world class management. A very good staff got better under his tutelage. I could tell the difference even on my second stay. The rooms are very nice and the executive lounge is conducive to relaxation and business. The one very picky nit would be the evening sacks. The chef does an excellent job with the presentation and one can tell it is his forte but a little more variety of cheeses and finger food would make a good layout even better. The breakfast is great. The hotel in Doha is much further from my business location than the other two i stayed at but well worth the extra 15-25 minutes’ drive. The restaurants are very good with attentive staff. The Thai restaurant was described to me as the best Thai food in the gulf--after eating several meals there (and at other Thai restaurants in the region) i believe it--and the atmosphere is first class. Again word is getting out with my collegues and i am looking to see if they like the GH in Doha as well as the one in Muscat. I will definitely continue to stay at the GH in Doha. Will be going back to Muscat next week, my first visit there under new leadership --it will be interesting to see if the assistants and staff retained what they learned from previous management. Bottom line—I recommend anyone stay at the GH in Doha either for business or leisure. A Grand home away from home.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Rick G,

I am delighted that you had a wonderfull time with us and pleased that we have met your expectations.
It is a great pleasure to read such feedback and I will deffinitely share your kind comments with the rest of the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.