“it was ok”

Ranked #21 of 134 Hotels in Doha
Munich, Germany
“it was ok”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

the hotel location is nice , rooms are ok but have a small humid smell from the beach.
the service is fine . the food in the restaurant is really bad , the buffet breakfast is so simple and no taste at all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Bob S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Doha. We are sorry that we couldn't meet all your expectations and needs during your stay.
I hope you will return to Grand Hyatt Doha in the future and allow us to demonstrate our commitment to the highest levels of services.

Christoph K. Franzen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
bristol
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I loved my room, balcony, ultra-comfy bed and my bath.
The decoration of the hotel is fantastic. I loved these massive chandeliers.
Staff was friendly but if they can palm you off to somebody else to deal with your request, they will.. and make sure you check everything you sign ie. bills in the restaurant as you may end up with a massive bill at the end although you were assured things were included. Always check the bill at the end and don't sign anything unless you completely agree with it. Although the guys did their best to rectify the situation it left a bad impression that the information they gave you in the first place was made up on spot.
Room service very efficient and food fantastic.
The turkish food in the restaurant was superb but I think the staff needs more training.
It is fine to ask if everything is OK with the food but perhaps once is enough. Constant interruptions and constant urge to take our plates away was just annoying when you want to have a conversation over the dinner instead of stuffing your face as somebody is waiting in the background to take the plate. Parallel cutlery = I've finished, cutlery resting on the side of the plate = I'm still eating, don't ask me if you can take it away. Also during the breakfast the waiter asked me if I needed my half melted butter and as I didn't need it, he gave it to the lady at the next table :)
Tiny annoyances but overall I had a fantastic time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear zablinska,

Thank you for contructive feedback regarding your recent stay at Grand Hyatt Doha.
I was especially happy to hear you enjoyed your hotel room with all the services and our latest Turkish "Tike" promotion.
Thank you for your feedback regarding the service in restaurant and issue with the bills. I have passed on your comments to the respective outlet Manager so we can look at ways to maintain the highest standards of services for our guests.
Myself and the entire team will be pleased to welcome you back to Grand Hyatt Doha in the nearest future.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for 2 nights as I had to attend an event .
The rooms are beauftul . Reception is nice ..
Didn't have time to use the rest of the hotel facilities .
The only problem you might face is the taxi ... You have to wait for the taxi and it's recommended to book for it an hour earlier .
The taxi is an issue in Doha as you might walk and wait to find one .... Rent a car is the easiest way ..

• Stayed April 2013
Dear mandelajunior,

Thank you for taking your time to share you experience of Grand Hyatt Doha.
We work hard to deliver a superb guest experience and I was especially happy to hear you enjoyed you recent stay in our hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand Hyatt Doha where you are more than welcome.

Dubai
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stopped over at the Grand Hyatt in Doha whilst watching the MotoGP in March this year had an enjoyable three nights at this hotel. The staff were very friendly, the check in was relaxing and pleasant especially at Grand club level, we were delighted to find fresh fruit & a bottle of wine in our room.
Breakfast was also served at the Grand club lounge where the staff catered for all our needs in an efficient and welcoming manner. Lots of snack provided during the day as well as drinks after 6pm.
The pool area is well laid out and we enjoyed our time taking in some sunshine and recuperation time during the day. Wi-Fi was provided in the rooms and the streaming was at a decent rate to allow e-mails to be sent and general surfing.
We had a few drinks in Dunes which was nice and had a very good atmosphere (just a pity about allowing people to smoke in the bar), that aside we had a memorable night and again the bar staff were excellent.
A great place to spend a weekend the staff were excellent and very attentive all in all a very well managed hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear DixieDeansDubai,

Thank you for your valuable feedback with regards to your recent stay with us. I am trully delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay. It is always gratifying for us to receive such remarks as this give us the opportunity to show our team that their efforts are truly appreciated by our guests.
We look forward to welcoming your soon to experience another enjoyable stay at Grand Hyatt Doha.

Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed April 20, 2013

When I knew I was gonna stay at the Grand Hyatt during my 4 nights stay in Doha I was almost sure that it was going to be an awsome stay, to my surprise it wasn't that great.. I'll start with some good points about the hotel, the reception and lobby are very nice and fancy... Manchester United team was staying in the hotel at the same time I was in there and I got to see the players closely everywhere.. that in fact was the best part of my stay there...the staff in general is very friendly.. The Taxi service in the Hotel is very good and affordable.. I tried the Thai restaurant and the one downstairs and they are both amazing!!!
now to the negative points the room's furniture is average I was expecting something nicer and fancier based on my previous experiences with Hyatt in other countries.. housekeeping was not very good I had to call them more than once to clean my room or else my room woudnt be cleaned, even if my please-clean- my-room botton was on in the morning...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear reemmadi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Doha.
I really appreciate your valuable feedback and positive comments about the staff attitude, taxi services and food.
Thank you for your feedback regarding the housekeeping and room furniture as well. I have passed on your comments to the respective departments so we can look at ways to maintain the highest standards of services for our guests.

Doha
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Just spent the weekend at the Grand Hyatt in Doha... Very disappointed. The hotel is five star but the service is close to three star. The Eastern European Staff rude and unhappy in their work ... That's the impression you get whilst receiving service from them ... Be it in a bar or restaurant. My wife ordered a salad which had to be sent back three times due to missing ingredients ! One of the pools had a lose submerged light fitting, only one rinse shower on the beach side which was very dirty. The was a party on the beach which blasted us out all evening impossible to enjoy the beautiful gardens or eat outside... I should of checked maybe for this DJ night before booking, in the morning it kicked off again at 7am for a few minutes... Not good if you came to relax and enjoy the Hyatt! Very disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kopite321,

Thank you for sharing your contructive feedback of your recent stay at Grand Hyatt Doha. I am sorry that we could not meet all of your expecations and needs during your stay.
We set very high standards on the level of services we provide and the product we offer and I wanted to re-assure you that we have taken your feedback onboard and will deal with it seriously.
I hope you will return to Grand Hyatt Doha in the future to allow us to demonstrate our commitment to the highest levels of service.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I recently stayed for 1 night with my husband and 2 children in a Club King room. The room was spacious, light, had a balcony with comfortable chairs and a very rickety table. The room was immaculately clean, bed comfortable and had a nice bath and shower.

The club in the hotel was nice. It was open all day and always had some nice food or drink on offer. The wine and canapes between 6pm and 8pm were of a high quality. Although you have to be quick as they do not restock the desserts or delicious fruits.

The hotel itself seems a bit disjointed. If you want to use the pool and then the beach you have to walk a very long way (especially on the day we stayed as half the beach was closed off) through beautiful gardens. To get from the carpark to your room you have to go up 1 lift, walk across the busy entrance foyer road and then into the hotel and up another lift. To get to the pool from your room you need to walk a fair way. It feels quite strange to do this in a bathrobe in a 5 star hotel in a country where you are used to being modest and covered up.

The pool seemed quite crowded and was difficult to get a seat. It felt like people were using the hotels facilities after they had finished their brunch even though they were not staying at the hotel.

Some areas of the hotel are very dark and gloomy.

The overall atmosphere of the hotel felt odd. I can't quite put my finger on it. It didn't feel relaxing or exquisite. May have been due to renovations/maintenance - a number of the water features were empty.

I have stayed at a number of hotels who make you feel welcome, treat everyone as a special guest and go above and beyond to make your stay memorable - this did not happen at this hotel.

I gave this hotel an average rating as it truly did not meet my expectations of a hotel of this caliber. Next time I would stay at the Four Seasons instead.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear travelling_girl033,

Thank you for your valuable feedback with regards to your recent stay with us.
We are sorry that we coudn't meet all of your expectations and needs during your stay. We set very high standards on the level of services and I would like to enssure you, that your comments have been discussed with the respective departments.
In lieu of your experience, I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Doha in the future.