“Beautiful, luxurious hotel!”

Ranked #21 of 134 Hotels in Doha
Toronto, Canada
“Beautiful, luxurious hotel!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here two weeks ago and have to say this is a well appointed hotel, with excellent amenities, superb services and a beautiful garden along with the beach in the back.
The only down side is is location which is a bit from the Corniche area. I would stay here again definitely!

• Stayed February 2013
Grand Hyatt D, Manager at Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear JJireh,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Doha.
We work hard to deliver a superb guest experience and I was especially happy to hear you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand Hyatt Doha where you are more than welcome.

Christoph K. Franzen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in Grand Hyatt Doha in one of the luxury Suites and the experience was just great. The staff smiles at the right time, service is prompt and the hotel seems just the kind of place you would like to go to have a leisure vacation. The beach was extremely nice and I particularly liked the indoor pool which gave me some privacy. The hotel has this Thai restaurant.. Issan which I would recommend. Not expensive at all for the quality of food and service it offers... Just a tip.. Avoid the junk food sold in the mall right opposite the hotel.. It's worth it to dine in the hotel restaurants!

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ShilpiShekhar
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed here for four nights on a recent business trip. Amazing people. The staff was always incredibly helpful, particularly the individuals in room service and at the front desk.

With checking in, I had requested a king bed, but none were available. I was told the next day I could get switched. The rest of my stay, there were no king beds available, which seemed very odd to me, but not the end of the world. My first room was a smoking room (I don't smoke) and asked to be switched to a new room. This was handled very quickly...but my new room was approximately a six-minute walk from the elevator (no exaggeration). The hotel is laid out like an old palace, with only five stories and long hallways. Also the hallways consistently smelled like smoke, prompting me to ask what percentage of the hotel is smoking--65%. Apparently only one floor (the third floor) is non-smoking.

The gym was great as was the staff there. The outdoor pool isn't open yet, but supposedly by the end of March. It is located just across the street from the Lagoona Mall, which is nice to be able to quickly pop over.

Lovely facility right on the water, but I'll take the St. Regis over the Grand Hyatt, any day.

Room Tip: Currently sitting in a odd-numbered fourth floor room overlooking a garden full of flowers and date...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear HooGal
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay at Grand Hyatt Doha.
I was especially happy about your comment regarding our staff services and positive comment about the Gym.
Your opinion is very important to us as we work hard to deliver a superb guest experience. I have passed on your comments about the availability of the king room during your stay as well as the option of non smoking room. We will use it to look at ways that we can improve and provide the best guest experience possible.
I hope you will return to Grand Hyatt Doha in the future and allow us to demonstrate our commitment to the highest levels of services.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This hotel was a wonderful, quiet and comfortable respite from a rather dusty and awkward Doha. We arrived with a group whose leader had never informed the hotel we would be arriving very early, which meant that very few rooms were actually available. In spite of this not at all being the fault of the hotel, they provided me an upgrade to a business suite which was perfect, since I had business meetings during the stay. Everything was well appointed and the service was excellent The hotel restaurant off the lower lobby, with an outdoor terrace, was excellent for breakfast and lunch. The hotel bar, upstairs, was cosy and pleasant with good service as well. The spa, indoor pool and gym were gorgeous. Only small details kept it from being a perfect experience: a few broken lighting controls in the room and ridiculously overpriced hotel car service (when compared to local taxi). Lovely gardens and hotel beach helped make up for it. Good value and you will be sure to sleep well. I also like the fact that it's not a big tower, but a low building with usable terraces and good public spaces. Location is a bit out of town but across from one of the many malls. Not sure there is a really good location in Doha.

Room Tip: on the garden side
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank NDCGlobetrotter
Dear sawtoothinAmsterdam,
Thank you for choosing Grand Hyatt Doha for your recent stay in Qatar.
I am always eager to hear what our guests have liked and how we might improve the hotel.
We work hard to deliver a superb guest experience and I was especially happy to hear you enjoyed all the facilities and variety of dining restaurants and lounges in our hotel.
I highly appreciate your feedback regarding the hotel transportation services’ prices and the light controls and kindly be informed that I have passed on your comments to the respective department so we can look at ways to maintain the highest standards of service for our guests.
Kindly be informed that in addition to the private transportation company we also offer the local taxi service “Karwa Taxi Services”, which should be coordinated with our concierge team in advance.

Thank you again, and we hope you'll choose Grand Hyatt Doha the next time you're in Doha.

The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights on a business trip and spent most of the evenings in or around the hotel. Overall, this is a great facility: grand entrance, nice rooms, good breakfast, restaurants with goodtasting food and a fairly large gym facility. But overall, there was something missing to give it the five-star experience. It could be the location a bit further out of town (although for me this worked out great as I had to visit both Ras Laffan and Doha city centre) or the service in the restaurants, which is so-so.

Positives: Service at reception, facilities look great, nice choice of in-hotel restaurants, good rooms.
Negatives: Location, service in restaurants.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with "Sea" view.
2 Thank Bas1977
Grand Hyatt D, Manager at Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Bas1977,
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Doha.
We work hard to deliver a superb guest experience and I was especially happy to hear you enjoyed all the facilities and food in our hotel.
Thank you for your feedback regarding the services in restaurant and I have passed on your comments to the respective department so we can look at ways to maintain the highest standards of service for our guests.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Let me start with the positive - the staff is amazing. They are friendly and really tried to make our stay a positive one. The people at The Grill where breakfast was served were especially great. I was part of a big group which stayed in the hotel for ten days so many of us were housed in the villas outside the main hotel building. The villas, while spacious and adequately furnished, are in need of updating and fixing. Water can be too hot sometimes, and the electrical outlets are in the wrong places! For a time, there was no wireless internet as well though they tried to remedy that halfway through by installing routers. But the gym and swimming facilities were both good. It was a satisfactory experience overall but there's a "meh" feel to all of it especially since the hotel is not located in the downtown area and the only shopping center close by is the Lagoona mall which is incredibly expensive.

Noida, India
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Well located and calm home away from any work. Stayed here for 1 night in January. The hotel was very nice. Didn't try the restaurants but the bar was nice and had a good atmosphere. he room & facilities were great. The choice of restaurants for food was excellent & the bar area really lively. i heard Doha is notorious for its bad service but these guys exceeded all our expectations. Well done!