“Excellent Hotel with Exceptional Service”

Retaj Al Rayyan Hotel
Ranked #40 of 138 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed November 19, 2013

On my trip to the USA, I was booked at the Retaj hotel by Qatar airlines during my layover. The hotel is beautiful, cleanliness is of high standards, well located and well decorated. An amazing variety of dishes during dinner and most delicious, the best I have had throughout my trip. I have to highlight the staff really compliment the hotel, professional, highly efficient, genuinely warm & friendly. Sameer, Amr , chefs and Front desk Manager thank you for going out of your way to make my stay so comfortable and enjoyable. I felt like royalty. Keep up great work! I will definitely utilize the hotel again. I highly recommend it to anyone travelling in Doha.

Room Tip: Corner suites spacious and beautiful overlooking the sea highly recommended!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in on an 8 hours layover in Doha. We were put up by Qatar airlines. After waiting almost 30 minutes for the free shuttle bus we arrived at the hotel. They took our passports and asked us to have a seat and they would call us shortly. The check on process took over 30 minutes!!!!! I should have slept on a bench at the airport I could have saved money a frustrations!!! Avoid this hotel...no avoid this city unless you have a private jet and millions in the bank!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The rooms are large and spacious and comfortable. Airconditioning needs looking into. All areas are just too cold.

The breakfast buffet is large and nice. The a-la-carte food ordered for luch though was very average and the service indifferent. At time the staff give you the impression that they are reluctant to serve.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I traveled for the Business trip for one day in Doha and stayed here. Its bit far from Hotel but closed to every landmark in Doha. The staff was cooperative and polite and will listen to you. The Buffet Dinner and Lunch was upto the mark. My room was specious, well cleaned and good decorated. The internet was fast and free. I enjoyed my stay and will definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: The rooms towards the sea and upper floors have a good view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sagheer A
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I've been there four times and I believe it was a very good experience.The staff were very friendly and professional. The location was good too and the quality of service provided was super. I plan to stay at Retaj during my forthcoming business trips.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Naeema T
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Everything was wonderful. Keep the good job u doing. When I come back to Qatar I will book in Retaj alrayyan.
And the price is really reasonable. And the staff really friendly always smiling and helpful.
Thank u.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Upon arrival the limo driver assisted with my bags since the hotel staff was unwilling to assist. At reception I had to wait to check in and she was confused about my booking. I was early so my room was upgraded, lovely! It would not be until after I had settled into my room that she phoned to tell me that there would be an additional charge! Getting into my room took time the key did not work. The employee who arrived to assist with the key did not bring a master key to assist and assumed that I had inserted the key incorrectly. After three attempts, several phone calls and waiting for various personnel, the key was finally repaired. My second day at the hotel did not get better, housekeeping did not leave towels, turned off the air conditioning, had taken the bath and shower mats. I would call only to have beach towels brought to my room. The room design was lovely and were it not for the horrible customer service it might be considered to re-stay. Personally, I will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo