“Nothing special here”

Retaj Al Rayyan Hotel
Ranked #41 of 136 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Another one of those hotel stopovers in Doha courtesy of Qatar Airways.This was much better than the dump they put me up near Souk Waqif last time. Hotel is pretty standard for what it is, service is pretty straightforward, there's all day breakfast buffet for those transiting at various times. It's walking distance to the main business district and the Corniche though we did not really have the time to go around.

Overall, there's nothing striking about the entire hotel. It's a definition of average.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Retaj Al Rayyan Hotel

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I spent a whole week in Doha at Retaj Al Rayan Hotel and I must admit that I have enjoyed the stay. Rooms are very big, well furnished, very cold air conditioners and fully equipped.
The staff is very helpful, friendly and always smiling. I have been always supported by their great team whenever needed. One great option I had there is the access to Swimming Pool, Spa and GYM 24x7!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
9  Thank SamehSabry
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Second time I stayed here, the first time they had messed up the limo service, so they gave me a suite as a gesture. Very good for the business traveller, friendly if not efficient service, large rooms, good breakfast however limited choice for dining. Also this is an alcohol free hotel, a blessing I guess for you can always put a walk and get a drink at the Hilton or the Courtyard Marriott. If you have work at the West Bay or Financial district, would recommend this hotel. Intend staying again on my next trips to Doha.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Krishnan Iyer S
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed end of March for business purposes. It's a great hotel with great friendly staff. The breakfast is good with many options. The location is a hit and miss, depends on what you want. It is located near the City Center mall which is walking distance, however everything else is a taxi ride away.
The rooms, bathroom are great and very comfortable. I cannot fault the hotel in that way at all. They gym is small but great.
I would have given it a five star rating if it was not for no free airport shuttle and free wi-fi in the rooms (There is free wi-fi in the lobby area) All other hotels offer free shuttle from and to the airport and offer free wi-fi in hotels.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank wasapninworld
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed here at the courtesy of Qatar Airways on economy class as we had an involuntary 20-hour layover in the city. Arrived at 6am in the morning at Doha airport, was given the hotel voucher, went through immigration and approached the hotel desk right outside customs. The rep said that the shuttle would leave in 15 minutes. True enough, after we changed money, didn't have to wait too long to board the shuttle to get to the hotel. There were three parties of 6 people on the shuttle. Once we got to the hotel, we had access to our room on the first floor right away. The room itself and the bathroom were huge and spacious. Again thanks to the Qatar Airways Stopover Program, all meals were taken care of. They serve buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner (which would normally cost QR82, QR150 and QR150 respectively). There was a huge variety, and if you like Arabic food, you would definitely enjoy it. The hotel was functional. There is a decent gym though we were too tired to use, and an outdoor-ish pool. (There was even a jar of mint lemonade for guests to help themselves with in the gym.) Though a bit far from Islamic Art Museum and Corniche, we managed to find a taxi on the street to take us there at 2pm. Spent the afternoon in the area and at the Souk before walking all the way back to the hotel (which took around 80 minutes - we figured it was impossible to get a taxi from the Souk anyway, and managed to see the skyline at nighttime of the downtown business area). The Reception kept giving us different answers as to what time we would leave for the airport, but anyway, we checked out at 11pm, and left on shuttle at 11:20pm for our 1:55am flight. There were again three parties of 6 people on the shuttle back to the airport.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank zhaobao
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel courtesy Qatar Airways as I had a 20 hour stop-over at Doha from Oslo enroute to Kolkata. This hotel served wonderful buffet spread of breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The striking feature of this hotel was their service. I was unable to connect my laptop to the hotel's Wi-Fi facility and this gentleman from IT deptt Mr. Gulal spent nearly 30 mins (which included speaking to the ISP operator) to get the connection working. I have seen the IT deptt of other hotels all over the world and none can match upto the level of sincerity as Mr. Gulal!!
He was courteous and soft spoken - not at all irritated at how his & my cell phone could connect to the Wi-fi and yet my laptop failed to do so!!! Any other person in his shoes would have plainly told me that its a laptop problem. But he sat through and ensured that it worked!!
Even their prompt tele-call wakeup for airport drop in noteworthy!!
The entire hotel's staff was very very chilled out and ever-helping!!!
I will definitely come back to this hotel if I ever travel to Doha again!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank anisenkolkata0310
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We recently returned from U.S.A. We flew with Qater Airways, on the way home we had a 12.30 stop ovwe in Doha, because of this we were put up in a hotel over night. Being an ecconmy class passenger we expected a 3 star hotel.What a pleasent suprise we had it was a suite with all the trimmings. I do not know the cost but would guess it was very expensive. We were told the mini bar was complmentry stark horry only cool drinks!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple