“Very pleasant hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #69 of 141 Hotels in Doha
Italy
“Very pleasant hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2008

This is a very pleasant new hotel in Doha.

The booking was done online from the hotel’s website. They accepted my request for the corporate rate for 490 QR per night, single use, and this rate included free internet and they even arranged free pick up from the airport.

Within 24 hours after requesting a reservation via email the hotel contacted me back via email to confirm the reservation. Once the reservation was confirmed, they also asked me if they need to arrange complimentary airport pick up, which I accepted. So I sent them my flight arrival details and the hotel confirmed via email that they will have someone pick me up from the airport.
Upon arrival at Doha, and although I had told the hotel that the pick up is needed at 08:00am (my flight was arriving at 06:00am) to my surprise I saw a gentleman waiting for me in the arrivals area. The hotel had sent him at the right time to coincide with my flight’s arrival. Upon making contact with him he helped me with my luggage and we walked near by to a brand new luxurious SUV which had nothing to do with a shuttle, it was like a luxurious private car. The drive from the airport to the hotel is short, probably 5 minutes. Before arriving at the hotel the driver also informed me if I need any help in purchasing a SIM card for my mobile.

The hotel is brand new, and built in an area where there is construction around it, but this is a common site in Doha where there are constructions sites all over the city. The hotel’s lobby is simple but nicely decorated with a local style warm classic décor with an emphasis on wooden furniture. The lobby was very clean too. The gentleman at the lobby was very courteous and friendly and within a few minutes I was given my room. The luggage was brought to my room 5 minutes later. Although the hotel has a check-in policy of 12 noon I was allowed an early check-in at around 07:00a.

I had booked a standard room, which to my surprise was very spacious, nice high ceilings, the room and the bathroom spotless clean, the bed was huge (much wider than beds in typical hotels). The carpet was also new and clean. The furniture was wooden, in a classic style/design and also new. There was a nice mid-sized flat panel TV. Complimentary drinking water, complimentary coffee/tea etc. There was a mini-safe as well. Overall the room was beautiful, very spacious, very clean and very comfortable, but also all items inside were of high quality. For example the curtains were made of high quality textiles. I was really surprised that a hotel at this category and this price would be using this quality of materials in the decoration and the interiors.

The bathroom was large and comfortable. All the accessories in the bathroom were of high quality from Ideal Standard, also with a beautiful classic design, I had a standard room so there was only a shower but it was a large shower covered with marble tiles. The bathroom was all over covered with marble tiles. It was spotless clean. There was even a bidet, brand new nice fluffy towels and robe, plenty of toiletries.

I highly recommend this hotel to business travelers and families.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank TXLP

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Greek first