“gloria in doha june 2013”

Lexington Gloria Hotel Doha
Ranked #72 of 134 Hotels in Doha
altivole
“gloria in doha june 2013”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Ho soggiornato al gloria per una notte, lo giudico estrememente positivo, personale gentile ed efficace, pulito, la colazione è ottima e varia, provvedono al servizio shuttle dall'aeroporto, le stanze sono grandi e pulite. si trova in centrocittà. vicino al museo di arte islamica. a pochi minuti dall'aeroporto. prezzo sui 80-90 euri per una singola.

I stayed at glory for one night, the judge estrememente positive, friendly and efficient, clean, the breakfast is great and varied, arrange for the shuttle service from the airport, the rooms are large and clean. is located in the city center. near the Museum of Islamic Art. just a few minutes from the airport. price on 80-90 euros for a single.

Room Tip: ottimo rapporto qualità prezzo e posizione
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank albepel
Marifel C, Manager at Lexington Gloria Hotel Doha, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Hotel Doha Qatar!
Glad to see your positive comments and review for Gloria Hotel-Doha!
Thank you very much for that.
We valued you as our customer and Gloria Hotel team is happy to serve you.

Hoping to welcoming you back at Doha Qatar and we will be more happy if you will stay again at Gloria Hotel Doha.

Kind Regards,

Marifel Coquilla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
India
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed in a Suite room at the Gloria Hotel last night. Booking was very easy on the phone, confirmed by an email.

The airport pick up included in the room rate was spot on time even though my flight was two hours late.

Check in was courteous and efficient.

The room was spacious but there were no windows in the bedroom, giving a very dark, gloomy feel even though the room was well appointed. The only glass pane was in the longish lounge area through which some light came. The lounge overlooked surrounding buildings. From an extreme corner and only at a particular angle, one could barely get a glimpse of the sea.

There was a kettle and tea/coffee supplies in the lounge but no bin in which to throw the tea bags so I had to carry these to the bin in the bathroom. The hotel is more focussed on the overall look and has missed these finer details.

I did not stay long enough to try their cuisine and I missed breakfast as I was running late.

All the staff from the doorman to the room boy were very courteous and polite.

Not sure I would stay here again unless I get a room with natural light.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Marifel C, Manager at Lexington Gloria Hotel Doha, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Gloria Hotel Doha!
We are pleased that you’ve chosen to booked Gloria Hotel during your stay in Doha. It has been our pleasure to serve you.
Your reviews you posted is well appreciated and it will help us a lot to improve our services.
WE always considered the positive and negative side of our guest comments and specially those most unhappy customers as our greatest source of learning.
If you wish to stay at Gloria on your next visit , do not hesitate to request a room with natural light.
You may request in reception upon your check in and trash bin can be requested as well if you wish to have an extra trash bin beside the the coffee and tea.

On behalf of Gloria Hotel Doha, i would like to thank you for posting this review.
Looking forward to welcoming and seeing you again at Gloria Hotel on your next visit at Doha.

Gdynia, Poland
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Very good hotel. The airport transfer worked well. Good breakfast option. Friendly service. Good value for money considering other hotel options in Doha. Highly recommended for an overnight stop. I chose it due to a long stopover in Doha

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Marta M,

Thanks for posting your reviews for Gloria Hotel!
We valued you as our guest , your reviews you posted is well appreciated.
Looking forward to seeing you again on your next possible visit or stop over at Doha.

Kind Regards,

Ithaca, Greece
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed in this hotel 1 week,the room was big end confortable.we booked by venere.com end the price was very convenience.The hotel is situated near the old town end the islamic museum,the promenade near the sea...very nice...there is a little swimmingpool end the food is eccellent end cheap!
the cleaning is good but slow!the concierge is very friendly end fast!

Room Tip: the room near the sea no near old town
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank taritablu
Marifel C, Reservations Manager at Lexington Gloria Hotel Doha, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Greetings from Gloria Hotel-Doha!
Thank you so much for posted comments/reviews.
We hope that you enjoyed your stay and we want you to know that we’ve truly value and appreciates your stay at Gloria Hotel.

Your review is very well appreciated and it will be a very helpful for us to be more better .

Marifel C.

Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed April 8, 2013

A Hotel with Reasonable price and very good service. the staff are nice and rooms are clean. the location is pretty good in the middle of the attractions,

one thing I didnt like that i told them not to charge my visa because im gonna pay cash but last day the employee charged me the first night through my visa. I discovered that when my family got home.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Marifel C, Reservations Manager at Lexington Gloria Hotel Doha, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Sir,

In behalf of Gloria Hotel, i would to thank you for posting a review/comment.
We always considered the positive and negative reviews or comments for us to be better to learn more from our customer and clients.

Best Regards,

Gloria Hotel-Doha
Charlottetown, Canada
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed at the Gloria Hotel for 17 days and would highly recommend it for the price/value and location.

After arriving by the free airport transfer,l I was warmly greeted by Tufayel, the bellman, who took me to reception and told me he would take care of paying the taxi (the gentleman doing the arrival transfer had other guests arriving and did not want me to wait so said the hotel would pay for the taxi). Tufayel showed me to my room and gave a very thorough briefing on the hotel and its services.

Reception/check in could have been better. I wasn’t really greeted, but processed and there was no ‘welcome to the Gloria’, in fact, there was not even a ‘hello’ - just took my passport and processed me. Not really rude, but I didn’t feel ‘welcomed’ like I was by the bellman.

The rooms are modern and spacious. I was on the 15th floor with a view toward the Royal Palace and the city skyline.

Although I did’t have a lot of personal contact with housekeeping, the end result of their work was absolutely fantastic.. My ‘stuff’ was always nicely tidied and arranged. I had a loofa sponge/pad that I bought locally the day I arrived and it was getting a bit worse for wear and about halfway through my stay a new one appeared in the amenity box (in a hotel branded box like the other amenities). This made my day and was a great touch. They also provide a very large complimentary bottle of water every day which is wonderful.

Breakfast is good, but the staff could be a bit more friendly. They are very efficient, not at all rude, but somedays it was hard to get even a good morning out of them, and when you did it wasn’t enthusiastic.

Evening dinner buffet was very reasonably priced with a great variety, but again the staff lacked any personality. Efficient, not rude, but all business. I thought maybe the first night was just an anomaly, but went back a second night and it was the same.

The pool and gym are nice. There is limited seating around the pool, but it was never a problem when I was there as there was always seating.

Checkout took far too long and they processed my bill in 3 separate transactions.

Having said all that, I really did enjoy my stay and the hotel provides great value and would recommend it. You are a 15 minute walk from the Museum of Islamic Art, the Souk and the Corniche.

The staff were never rude, some just lacked personality and could be more ‘hospitable’. Doha is a very competitive hotel market. This property has a lot going for it and a small adjustment could make it fantastic. I would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Marifel C, Reservations Manager at Lexington Gloria Hotel Doha, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Gloria Hotel-Doha!
Thank you so much for posted comments/reviews.

Very well appreciated and it will be a very helpful for us to be more better .

Marifel C.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was the second time I have stayed. The hotel is close to the airport and fairly central to visit the MIA and the Al Corniche Street. The reception staff were very courteous and helpful in making sure my check-in was conducted quickly to allow me to rest in the spacious, clean king sized bedroom after a long flight. The concierge I believe went beyond his normal call of duty by helping me find things to do during my one day stopover stay. He also organised my very early (5.00am) morning shuttle to the airport.

I am planning my next trip to South East Asia and will have a stopover. Will definatly book my stay again with Gloria Hotel.

Room Tip: Always ask the concierge or Hotel staff what is best and they are more than willing to oblige. Non-s...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Marifel C, Reservations Manager at Lexington Gloria Hotel Doha, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for the very nice reviews posted here.

We are very pleased that you’ve chosen to booked Gloria Hotel during your stayed at Doha. It has been our pleasure to serve you as valued clients.
Looking forward to welcome again on next visit to Doha.

Best Regards,