“Near the old town”

Ranked #72 of 135 Hotels in Doha
Ithaca, Greece
“Near the old town”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed in this hotel 1 week,the room was big end confortable.we booked by venere.com end the price was very convenience.The hotel is situated near the old town end the islamic museum,the promenade near the sea...very nice...there is a little swimmingpool end the food is eccellent end cheap!
the cleaning is good but slow!the concierge is very friendly end fast!

Room Tip: the room near the sea no near old town
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank taritablu
Marifel C, Reservations Manager at Lexington Gloria Hotel Doha, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Greetings from Gloria Hotel-Doha!
Thank you so much for posted comments/reviews.
We are pleased that you’ve chosen to booked Gloria Hotel during your stay in Doha. It has been our pleasure to serve you.
We hope that you enjoyed your stay and we want you to know that we’ve truly value and appreciates your stay at Gloria Hotel.

Your review is very well appreciated and it will be a very helpful for us to be more better .

Regards,

Marifel C.

Reservations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed April 8, 2013

A Hotel with Reasonable price and very good service. the staff are nice and rooms are clean. the location is pretty good in the middle of the attractions,

one thing I didnt like that i told them not to charge my visa because im gonna pay cash but last day the employee charged me the first night through my visa. I discovered that when my family got home.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Marifel C, Reservations Manager at Lexington Gloria Hotel Doha, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Sir,

In behalf of Gloria Hotel, i would to thank you for posting a review/comment.
We always considered the positive and negative reviews or comments for us to be better to learn more from our customer and clients.

Gloria Hotel-Doha
Charlottetown, Canada
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed at the Gloria Hotel for 17 days and would highly recommend it for the price/value and location.

After arriving by the free airport transfer,l I was warmly greeted by Tufayel, the bellman, who took me to reception and told me he would take care of paying the taxi (the gentleman doing the arrival transfer had other guests arriving and did not want me to wait so said the hotel would pay for the taxi). Tufayel showed me to my room and gave a very thorough briefing on the hotel and its services.

Reception/check in could have been better. I wasn’t really greeted, but processed and there was no ‘welcome to the Gloria’, in fact, there was not even a ‘hello’ - just took my passport and processed me. Not really rude, but I didn’t feel ‘welcomed’ like I was by the bellman.

The rooms are modern and spacious. I was on the 15th floor with a view toward the Royal Palace and the city skyline.

Although I did’t have a lot of personal contact with housekeeping, the end result of their work was absolutely fantastic.. My ‘stuff’ was always nicely tidied and arranged. I had a loofa sponge/pad that I bought locally the day I arrived and it was getting a bit worse for wear and about halfway through my stay a new one appeared in the amenity box (in a hotel branded box like the other amenities). This made my day and was a great touch. They also provide a very large complimentary bottle of water every day which is wonderful.

Breakfast is good, but the staff could be a bit more friendly. They are very efficient, not at all rude, but somedays it was hard to get even a good morning out of them, and when you did it wasn’t enthusiastic.

Evening dinner buffet was very reasonably priced with a great variety, but again the staff lacked any personality. Efficient, not rude, but all business. I thought maybe the first night was just an anomaly, but went back a second night and it was the same.

The pool and gym are nice. There is limited seating around the pool, but it was never a problem when I was there as there was always seating.

Checkout took far too long and they processed my bill in 3 separate transactions.

Having said all that, I really did enjoy my stay and the hotel provides great value and would recommend it. You are a 15 minute walk from the Museum of Islamic Art, the Souk and the Corniche.

The staff were never rude, some just lacked personality and could be more ‘hospitable’. Doha is a very competitive hotel market. This property has a lot going for it and a small adjustment could make it fantastic. I would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Marifel C, Reservations Manager at Lexington Gloria Hotel Doha, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Gloria Hotel-Doha!
Thank you so much for posted comments/reviews.

Very well appreciated and it will be a very helpful for us to be more better .
Regards,

Marifel C.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was the second time I have stayed. The hotel is close to the airport and fairly central to visit the MIA and the Al Corniche Street. The reception staff were very courteous and helpful in making sure my check-in was conducted quickly to allow me to rest in the spacious, clean king sized bedroom after a long flight. The concierge I believe went beyond his normal call of duty by helping me find things to do during my one day stopover stay. He also organised my very early (5.00am) morning shuttle to the airport.

I am planning my next trip to South East Asia and will have a stopover. Will definatly book my stay again with Gloria Hotel.

Room Tip: Always ask the concierge or Hotel staff what is best and they are more than willing to oblige. Non-s...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Marifel C, Reservations Manager at Lexington Gloria Hotel Doha, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for the very nice reviews posted here.

We are very pleased that you’ve chosen to booked Gloria Hotel during your stayed at Doha. It has been our pleasure to serve you as valued clients.
Looking forward to welcome again on next visit to Doha.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

I travelled to Doha for a leisure trip and stayed at the Gloria.
Upon arriving, a wonderful bellhop took my bags, ushered me to the seating area and brought me orange juice and a paper to read whilst I waited for the desk clerk to finish with the previous guest. I was impressed with this level of service and care.
Once I checked in, the same bellhop gentleman took me to my room, which was spacious, clean and just perfect for a single traveller, it also had tea and coffe making facilities, great for the morning wake up! He then presented me with maps, tours and museum opening times, showed me on the map how to get to various sites and was able to tell me how long it would take to walk and all sites were within walking distance easily as it wasn't unbearable heat at this time of year.
Signs in the elevator reminded you of the opening times for the restaurant and breakfast could be had until 10.30am! Fantastic! Dinner also ran late into the evening. While I would say the food was geared to the Middle East, there was plenty of variety and it was fresh! Breakfasts also had oatmeal as well as fresh veg and fruits, boiled eggs, chef making omelettes, pastries, yoghurt, hot foods, like foul, moutabal, sausages etc, cereal, coffee and tea plus juices. Dinner had mixed grill, different types of stews, curries and vegetables, salads and fresh fruits. All buffet, so you could eat as much or as little. It also has a fantastic swimming pool on the roof top, with fabulous views! Lovely wicker tables and chairs to sit at as well as loungers. The gym is at the top also, I was impressed, it wasn't huge but it did have an elliptical trainer, treadmill, weights, ball and mats. Great for that quick run or quick workout just to keep going whilst away from home. Next time I am definitely using the pool!
The check out was easy and the hotel provided me with a free shuttle service to the airport. I would certainly be happy to book there again. Doha is such a safe city to wander around even as a single woman! The only thing I would guard against is the making of a friendship with the opposite sex, it could be misunderstood just Make sure you are clear! Just common sense really for any place or country when travelling alone.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Mctutums
Marifel C, Reservations Manager at Lexington Gloria Hotel Doha, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Sir/Madame,

Greetings from Gloria Hotel-Doha.
I would like to thank you for choosing Gloria Hotel-Doha for your recent stayed at Qatar.
Thank you very much for posted your feedback about your stay at Gloria Hotel.
We always considered the positive and negative comments specially those most unhappy customers as our greatest source of learning.

Budapest
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The hotel is very close to the airport, which is nice because you can get there fast, however you can hear the noise of airplains while landing and taking-off. The hotel is well located. It is minutes walk from the Museum of Islamic Art and also from Souq Wagif. There is not much to see in Doha, other than these. The hotel is clean and service is very good, staff is helpfull. The breakfast was not extraordinary, but it is ok. I think the hotel is ok for a quick stopover but I would not stay there for days due to the noise of the airport. Price is reasonable compared to other hotel options in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Gpeti
Dear Sir/Madame,

On behalf of Gloria Hotel, I would like to thank you for posting feedback about Gloria Hotel. I hope that you enjoyed your stay , it has been our pleasure to serve you.
We always considered the positive feedback specially those negative comments, for Gloria Hotel improvement since Doha is a very competitive market and will get more and more competitive.

Thank you once again and hope to welcoming you again !

Loughborough
Reviewed February 19, 2013

A really good hotel with good facilities - reasonable buffet breakfast with dedicated egg chef (omelettes with everything including chillis a good start to the day!), rooms very comfortable, great views of city and bay from roof terrace, small pool on roof terrace (water a little chilly in February), friendly and helpful staff who advised on and booked the desert safari for us (not to be missed if you have time). free airport pick up and drop off Excellent location - the fascinating Souq Wakif is a 10 minute stroll away, the Corniche is easily accessible, good restaurants are a cheap taxi ride away. Overall, we really enjoyed our 10 day stay and would recommend this hotel highly.

Room Tip: Higher floors with views of city and bay are good
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tim W
Thank you very much for posting your feedback about Gloria Hote-Doha
We always considered the positive feedback , specially those negative feedback of unhappy customers as our source of learning.

We are very pleased to serve you and hoping to welcoming you again at Gloria Hotel-Doha.