“Yummy Thai food!”

Ranked #149 of 931 Restaurants in Doha
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed October 4, 2012

If you have visited Thailand and eaten in a fab street restaurant- this is what to expect. Amazing, yummy food!

Just like Thailand, there are a few add on "sheds" with air con, plastic tables and generally basic decor. There is an outside terrace with seating, and a token water feature.

Yes it looks like someone was excited got carried away with fairy lights from the outside and yes the service is blunt (not rude in anyway, just to the point) but there is a massive selection of food. I have visited there 4 times now and had different dishes each time- they've all been lush.

Reminds me of my visits to Thailand which is always a good thing, and I highly recommend it.

Awesome food- and that's what you're there for, right?!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Located on Al-Nasr Street, which is loitered with restaurants of all kinds, the Thai Snack stands out as a charming, cozy restaurant that offers authentic, cheap Thai food. The quality of the food is superb and I don't remember being disappointed with any of the choices I made during my multiple visits there. The service can be better but I guess they don't care anymore since they're pretty popular. I suggest you be adventurous and order something randomly on the menu. Chances are you would love it!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Heard good reviews about this restaurant so went there with a few friends. There are both indoor air conditioned seating and outside terrace seating. The decor is basic but is ok for a snack/ meal. It has more of a homey feel than a restaurant, and you kind of feel like you are actually in thailand! The menu is huge. You'll be able to find something that you want to eat. Very reasonable price as well. One word of warning though, their drinks are extremely sweet!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

if your looking for some really awesome thai food, you should visit the Thai Snack restaurant at Al Saad. whenever you go the place is crowded. they have seating inside as well as outside and has a lovely atmosphere to it. the staff are not at all friendly as they don even smile...but they mean business..the food is served quick and it is delicious..!! The Pad thai noodles and the duck are worth a try..!! i specially enjoy when d server comes to take the food order with a mini PDA..when we first came..we actually tght he was on his phone playin a game..but the restaurant is superbly tech advanced..!!
i will probably visit this weekend as well for some thai snack...!! yuummmmm

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I was really intrigued because it was voted as one of the best Thai restaurant in Doha. I am fond of Thai food and authentic Thai restos in this part of the world are expensive. Thai snack is located at Al Nasr, Doha. It's easily accessible from C-Ring Road, if going Corniche side, its after Al Sadd street (Toy's Are Us), turn right 100 mts from the junction, on the left side.

Time Out Doha was correct on saying that there was no signage, but its easily seen as people mostly describes it as a place where christmas lights are on, the whole year! Given it's a night before the first day of workweek, the place was packed. We found ourselves sitted in between Thailand touristy posters and the aquarium but it doesn't budged me a bit; I am optimistic that this interiors will be forgotten once our orders will be delivered. We only waited less than 10 minutes and believed me, the food was still sizzling hot! Do not mind the mismatched florally plates. The food was awesome given its price.

Try their Pad Thai Beef. I had ordered similar Thai food like this from another overstated restaurant, yet this one was without the greasy feeling. It has tasteful thick noodles wrapped around by vegetables and with so tender thin beef slices. This is so superb! I do not need rice anymore. This already had made me so full.

Try also the Sea Food Green Curry. This was the most delicious Thai curry we tasted so far! Much more superb than the ones we had eaten in Singapore two years back and the ones we kept on coming back for at Noodle House. Its coconut laden soup is creamy yet spicy. Not so salty with crunchy brocolli and cauliflower with aromas of herbs that want you to drink all soup in the bowl at once! The shrimp was supple and the squid was cut into thin slices that was smooth on the throat and was not rubbery.

I can rave for more, but one thing is far more ravong about is their price. The price is so reasonable given the quality of the food. This place is highly recommended.