“Modern and classy hotel and service”

W Doha Hotel & Residences
Ranked #1 of 138 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I've stayed with a lot of the hotels in Doha and can say that W Doha probably provides you an ambience and service that no other in Doha provides. the whole decor of W Doha elicits modern sophistication. The entrance is always graced with beautiful decor and flowers and doesn't run out of guests doing their businesses.

Rooms are wonderful and again, if you are one who appreciates the chic-look, you'd appreciate how W Doha maintains that look throughout; from its rooms, restaurants, and lobby. We were awed at the W Suite! I can't even think of how one could top that but they even have a WOW Suite and an EXTREME WOW Suite! This elevates all my expectations to what a suite should be (comparing to all other hotels I've been to worldwide).

From check-in, to service in the restaurants, in-room service, Spa and check-out, service is top-notch and impeccable. Ordered in-room service at 9:40 P.M. and although the item I wanted was supposed to be available after 11, I was able to order it and came 20 minutes after.

I have also been to their dining facilities; Market, Spice Market, and La Spiga and can easily recommend the quality of the food of each. One should try the La Spiga broonch or Spice Market Brunch if staying on a Friday. I've also had several business lunches which I've enjoyed and seems have a good price point.

W Doha is also very active in social media and engages people really well in that medium. Gonca has made W Doha connect to active people on social media. One can even use the #BookWDoha on Twitter to book your next stay at WDoha and includes exclusive benefits.

As for my gripes with W Doha (nitpicks)
1. Small pool and pool area
2. Wash basins that are sure to spill water all over.
3. small and low tables at the WIP Lounge.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ChrisSanJuan
WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Hello xtian001,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review about W Doha! We were delighted to read your kind words and very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable time with us. The points you mentioned regarding the pool area, wash basins and the tables at WIP lounge, I will make sure to share them with the team.

Thank you for using #BookWDoha, and I am looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

The E-Insider

Write a ReviewReviews (1,936)

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I stay in one of Doha’s five star hotel once a month for five years now, This is my second stay in W Hotel, and I have really enjoyed it.
The staff are more experienced, more friendly than ever, the lounge and bar experience like no other (especially for SPG members)
A walking distance from the City’s biggest mall, City Center.
Food is great, little expensive compared to quality and variety.
Little noisy at night but for those who love the night life, it is the right place to be.
whether you choose to stay at the hotel or not, you should visit while in Doha with no regrets.
A great team at the front disk, thanks to Shan

Room Tip: Ask for high floors..
1  Thank eyadf
WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Hello eyadf,

Thank you very much for your kind review of W Doha, we were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us once again and that Shan could make your stay more enjoyable!

Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I was in the hotel giving a Basic Oil Field Course. I was there for 6 nights and met the Manager who is a very engaging individual who help me to the nth degree. The rooms are most agreeable, as are the restaurants, and the meeting rooms. The snacks given to those of us in the meeting rooms were every bit as good perhaps better than other hotels I have had occasion to use for courses. The staff will bend over backwards to help or to fix your problem.
I had a massage in the Bliss Spa and did not want to leaf! Excellent Spa, I urge you to take advantage of this Spa on your trip here.
I walked in the area every evening I was there and enjoyed myself immensely. There are two Shopping malls within walking distance, a major grocery store should it be needed and the a walk along West Bay within 15 minute walk.
I would highly recommend this hotel as a base for your stay in Doha or for a course to give or participant.

Room Tip: Upgrade on the West side for an excellent sunset view.
2  Thank Reid W
WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

Hello Reid W,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of W Doha, we were very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that our team could help you out with your needs during your course!

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Definitely if you hear about W Hotels, you will imagine their luxury facilities, comfort rooms, quality breakfast, top clubs and awarded restaurants...but trust me, it is all about service.

You can easily see their honesty and sincerity, beyond the professionalism.
Rony in W residences, Ali in front desk, Nikos in room service, Pamela in concierge, Stavros in Market restaurant even Edwin the head of security, they made my stay more meaningful and stress-free giving personalised service. They will give you one of the best hospitality experience ever because the true value of hospitality comes directly from the people.

2  Thank Elaikon
WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Hello Elaikon,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of W Doha! We were thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that our team could make you feel welcome!

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

I meant to submit this earlier...We had a brilliant stay at the W in Doha. It is the best hotel in Doha in my opinion. The location is brilliant, the architecture and interior of the hotel is maybe the nicest I have ever stayed in. The hotel just ticks all the boxes for me. We were also upgraded to the cool suite as a birthday present to me and I was given a cake in the reception area. The manager Ricky was top class. He made a genuine effort with us and personally showed us to the room. I could not praise him enough.
I look forward to my next stay here. Best option in Doha. Thanks again to Ricky and staff for their great work and the upgrade.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to The cool suite which was amazing with brilliant views.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank galcan
WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Hello galcan,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of W Doha! Ricky and the rest of us over here at WDoha were delighted to hear that you had a fantastic birthday with us!

We hope to welcome you back again in the future!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Chose this hotel because of price and location. When I arrived, the music in reception was so loud I could not properly hear the receptionist. I made it clear to them that I wanted a quiet room and they very kindly put me and my wife on the thirteenth floor. Not far enough from the noise which together with the air conditioning noise managed to keep me from having a restful night. It does seem like a really nice hotel; the staff were certainly very kind and professional. I just do not want to have to listen to thud thud thud music all night. Sorry, but I will not be going there again - not my type of hotel.

Room Tip: Need to be above the 13th floor if you want a quiet nights sleep.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Edwin W
WDohaHotelResidences, Director of Rooms at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Dear Edwin W,

I would like to, first of all, thank you for taking the time to review W Doha Hotel & Residences. We take feedback from our guests very seriously, so it was disappointing for me to hear that you were not able to fully enjoy your stay with us. I would like to give you my email address, which you can contact me on for next time you'd like to stay at W Doha; we will do our utmost to turn your experience around. Please do not hesitate to contact me on wassim.daageh@whotels.com

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Wassim Daageh
DIRECTOR OF ROOMS / W DOHA HOTEL & RESIDENCES

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I had stayed there a few month before and was a bit let down by the service. Not this time. The staff were on top of things and provided a seamless stay in Doha. The best thing about the hotel is the variety of excellent restaurants. The Asian restaurant is superb. The Market restaurant is great. The place is spanking new and is very well maintained.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Hello towelcarrier,

Thank you very much for you taking the time to review W Doha, we were very happy to read that we were able to exceed your expectations this time you stayed with us!

We hope to welcome you back again soon, and we hope to WOW you one more time!