“Exceptional” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 141 Hotels in Doha
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

The W Hotel in Doha is truly world class. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there, as the quality of the rooms and service was absolutely impeccable. The bar on the second floor is also a great place to smoke a cigar and have a drink with friends. It has a great view of the city, and is a great place to start or end a night. Overall the location of the hotel is spectacular, as it is really in the heart of Doha, with quick access to anywhere else in the city you may want to go, including the nearby City Centre Mall.

2 Thank Gordon K
WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Hello Gordon K,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of W Doha Hotel & Residences! We were glad to read that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and Wahm on the second floor of our hotel!

Hope to welcome you back again!

The E-Insider

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

It's a unique, minimal, elegant 5* hotel! It smells heavenly and everything from service to decor to food is 5 star! My friends and I had the chance to enjoy our dinner at Spicy Market restaurant, The food was very tasty and the service was exceptional! We enjoyed our drinks at Crystal Bar, a fantastic and very trendy club, where the the d.j. with his music choices made us dancing all night long!
The fantastic food, the warm atmosphere and the staff (every effort is made to make guests happy and always done with a smile) made it a memorable evening for me and my friends. Thank you all!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Hello Nino C,

Thank you very much for your aWesome review of W Doha! We were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel with your friends, Spice Market and Crystal! We especially liked your use of the letter "W" in the title of your review!

Hope to welcome you back again soon for another fantastic W experience!

Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed at the W a couple of weeks ago with a few friends, to celebrate my birthday. From the first day to the very last, we got the most wonderful treatment from each and every staff member. The rooms are beautiful and oh so different from any of the others available in Doha. We stayed in the W suite - looooooved the bed, massive shower head and coffee machines <3.
Breakfast and lunch at the Market was so so delicious! Will definitely be coming back for the Market's bad boy burgers and chocolate fudge cake (yummaaay)!
Special thank you to W Doha's amazing staff! Hope to be visiting your lovely hotel soon :)

Room Tip: Go for the suites!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Hello Balboa90,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review of W Doha! We were so glad to hear that you enjoyed your birthday with us at our hotel. It is such a delight to read such comments from our guests where they had a fantastic overall experience with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Maarssen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

W Doha is an amazing vibrant place. Will always be my first choice in Qatar. Love Spice Market (especially when Peter Lloyd is in town). Can't wait to get back. Thursdays nights are packed and amazing good fun.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Hello Laurens_G,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of W Doha, we were very happy to hear that you enjoy our hotel and Spice Market! Good news, Chef Peter Lloyd will be joining us again next week at Spice Market!

Hope to welcome you back again soon!

Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

I have stayed at high end hotels all over the world, from brands such as Ritz-Carlton, Four Seasons and Park Hyatt, and this was one of the best hotels I have ever had. I was taking a long weekend trip to the Middle East, spending two days each in Doha and Dubai. The decor is typical W with a hip, chic, minimalist yet elegant vibe.

I arrived at the hotel late in the evening, after about 20 hours flying IAH-FRA-DOH. I walked in, straight to the SPG desk, no waiting. I was greeted by Andre, a Hungarian, who thanked me for being an SPG gold member. He promptly checked me in and upgraded me to a beautiful, sea view "cool corner suite". I quickly crashed after a long day of traveling.

The next morning I went down to the concierge ("Whatever/Whenever" in W speak). A Swede named Karl gave me completely honest and very helpful recommendations about the places and things to see and do in Doha. Over the course of my stay, the entire staff, but especially the two fellows mentioned above, went out their way to make sure that any needs were anticipated. I was treated like family everywhere I went and truly felt "special" for my two night stay. When my flight was cancelled, Karl and Andre, once again helped me get rebooked on a different airline, and even contacted the SPG property at my next stop to ensure there were no glitches. When I had clothes that needed emergency dry cleaning, they were attended to promptly and returned to me exactly when promised and with a quality that far exceeded my cleaners at home. Whatever/whenever is not just a kitschy slogan, it is a way of life for the staff of the W.

I only have two gripes. They are relatively minor and my stay, overall, was so good, I am reluctant to point them out. However, in the interest of a fair review I will mention them. Firstly, the sound from the club is intrusive...very intrusive. From my room on the 6th floor, I could hear the music pumping quite audibly from about 7PM til 2AM. I loved my room so much, I dared not ask for a change, however, even in the signature Westin Heavenly Bed, sleep was more elusive than desired. Secondly, the housekeeping takes place at very odd hours (from 11AM-8PM). I left at 7AM to go sightseeing for several hours. I returned at a little after 2PM to a room that was untouched. I was so worn out from walking around and jet lag, I laid down to nap for a couple of hours. During my nap the maid came by three times, knocking on my door and waking me. I realize it is not the time that people are usually in their rooms, but it is not unheard of for travelers to rest in their rooms mid afternoon.

Overall, I simply cannot compliment Starwood enough for a great facility. Given the very reasonable price for the room, this is a slam dunk. I thank the staff for a wonderful stay, and if I return to Doha, I will stay here in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Request a corner suite away from Wham
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Hello Clay S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this wonderful review of W Doha Hotel & Residences! Carl, Endre and the rest of us here were very happy to read that you had an enjoyable time with us and that we could exceed your expectations.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

Only place I consider staying in Doha when I'm sent on business. For Middle East, non-resort type hotels, this is as good as it gets. My wife always asks to accompany me on trips just to stay at the W. Staff is professional and provides personalized service, consistently. Food is great. Weekends tend to get fun, but, a little noisy...

Room Tip: You'll feel like a rockstar in the "Wow" suites
Hello LoveTruthCourage,

Thank you very much for your lovely review of W Doha! We were very happy to read that you and your wife enjoy our hotel and its restaurants!

Hope to welcome you back again soon!

Redwood City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

The W Doha Hotel delivers luxury with a high quality staff in a hip modern design. From arrival at the airport, the W Doha check-in counter greets you enthusiastically and arranges the shuttle to the hotel quickly. The amenities at the hotel are top line and the room is nicely arranged, spacious in fact. The lighting is a bit dim, but serves the purpose. For newcomers, it takes a moment to figure out that the lights are controlled by the room key card, but that is easy to figure out.
Service at all of the restaurants (though I did not visit Krystal during this visit) was excellent. I was even witness to one of the rudest customers ever, a large German man making a big stink because he waited 3 minutes too long for tea, yet the server as well as manager did their best and most professional to try and satisfy his unreasonable rant. I knew this guy was trouble when he took a fork from the place setting on my table across from me… he did not ask, and certainly assumed this piggish behavior was ok. I think he was trying to get a meal for free.
We were actually at the W Doha with a very large group, 21 guests in total. In asking others about their accommodations and the service they were experiencing, it was a resounding unanimous approval. If our guests travel back, they will definitely return to the W Doha Hotel.
One tip: This is quite a note spot for the weekend in Qatar (Thursday and Friday nights), so the clubs and bars are very busy. They actually are a member club at the Krystal, so security is set-up in the lobby and the floors that access the bars. It can be loud on these floors. My room on the 10th floor was unaffected by the music or extra foot traffic. I am not sure what I would have heard if I was on the 4th floor.

Room Tip: The buffet breakfast on the ground floor is immense. Worth at least one visit, maybe more. I am not...
Hello Jon S,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of W Doha! We were very happy to hear that you and the rest of your group enjoyed your stay with us here in Qatar!

We hope to welcome you back again soon in the future!