“Outstanding design and service experience”

W Doha Hotel & Residences
Ranked #1 of 136 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in a "Cool corner suite" during a holiday trip to Doha. The room was attractively designed, with great views through abundant floor-to-ceiling windows, and with a nice working place. The staff was really attentive, friendly and helpful, and the service was quick and efficient. The restaurants are beautifully designed and seem to have good food generally, though the pizza in the Italian restaurant was disappointing. On the whole, the hotel makes an impression of liveliness and contemporary flair ("cool").

Room Tip: A room with a free sea view (towards The Pearl) may add to the experience.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Hello Thomas R,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review of W Doha Hotel & Residences! We were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in one of our Cool Corner Suites, and that you enjoyed the service by our team!

Hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Doha!

There are newer reviews for W Doha Hotel & Residences

Reviewed December 16, 2013

The staff were simply amazing. It was my birthday and they went out of their way to make us feel special. From an upgrade, to a surprise in the room, to a gift when departing and the entire reception staff singing me happy birthday with a cupcake and a candle.

The room we stayed in was a suite and possibly the best room I've ever stayed in. There was a really popular night club in the hotel, so didn't have to leave to go out. Actually didnt leave the hotel at all for the entire stay. Food was ok, drinks standard high middle east prices, but the stand out thing here was the service. Every one was just so friendly and helpful. Will stay here again should I ever go back to Doha. Thank you W for making my birthday great!

Room Tip: They've got great toiletries. Dont need to take anything with you to the hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Hello Mark_from_sydney,

Thank you very much for your lovely review of W Doha! We were very happy to hear that we could make your stay here in Doha an enjoyable one and could make you feel special on your birthday! It is always such a delight to hear that our guests had a memorable experience at our hotel!

Hope to welcome you back in the near future for another W Doha experience!

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Really amazing service at this hotel. The staff seem DESPERATE to fulfill your every whim. The rooms are just amazing, the food is fantastic (Spice Market is an absolute must) and the service is brilliant. If I had to nitpick and find fault with something, I'd say the swimming pool is a bit crap (outdoors, small, odd shape, shallow) and it doesn't have a jacuzzi or anything by it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Hello WillVernonLondon,

Thank you very much for your kind review of W Doha! We were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during your time here in Doha and enjoyed the Spice Market!

Hope to welcome you back again soon!

Came for a 3day visit.
The hotel room, food & service all were excellent Rooms are big in size, Staff are polite specially those who are at the reception- Shanaka and others. Food is delicious @ spice market with a special remark on the chicken & Coconut soup . Pity that they don't change the menu so I had to select Choc chilli ice cream which was very hot. But the the staff was very kind to provide me with a condensed milk ice cream. had dinner in Spiga Italian restaurant. It is better if they can separate Smoking & non smoking area, as I was very uncomfortable with cigarette smoke from nearby tables.
Breakfast spread is decent. Housekeeping was excellent on 1st & 2nd day, but not very satisfactory on the 3rd day. Overall a very good property and value for money.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Hello nishanthi1974,

Thank you very much for your nice words about W Doha, we were happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience with us. With regards to your comment about the Housekeeping, I would like to take this opportunity to discuss further, if you could email me at e-insider.wdoha@whotels.com.

Hope to welcome you back on your visit to Doha!

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Customer service at this hotel is second to none. My husband and I have travelled extensively recently, 24 countries in the last three years at the last count. And nowhere have we experienced customer service to match the W at Doha. Through all levels of 'talent' (W speak for staff) to top management their approach to ensuring you personally have a first class stay is faultless, going the extra mile more than once, and still asking if there is anything they can do for you. The hotel for us was unusual if you are not accustomed to the W brand and distinctiveness, be prepared; ultra modern, hip, funky, vibrant are all words used to describe the distinctiveness that makes a W hotel. In practice this means music, rather more loud than we are used to from breakfast to the wee hours, and ultra modern design. Nevertheless this seems to be enjoyed by the majority of the clientele, and if that doesn't bother you and you are looking for a 'happening kind of place, then the W cannot be more highly recommended.

We are more the 'hotel du silence types', so the fact that we are wrting such a positive review is down to the way the staff looked after us. this was particularly important as we were booked in for business purposes, and were there for 10 days.

We arrived at 1.30 am fri/sat evening after waiting an hour for our car pickup to arrive ( nothing to do with W, another company ) so not the best of starts. At reception the nightclub was in full swing. Being tired and jet lagged all we wanted was peace and quiet and some sleep. Being light sleepers we had a bit of a journey to find our peaceful haven, tried a couple of rooms, but with the unquestioning help of Gerald the hotel manager, members of his team like Vanessa, a W insider, we eventually were made very at home in a beautiful high level accommodation. Quite unasked for, several treats were provided in our room to help us over any 'inconvenience'. Other hotels and teams may well have seen us a pain, but not at W. They went out of their way to make us happy and comfortable. They even discovered it was my husband's birthday and delivered cake, wine and a beautiful cheese board to celebrate! the personal touch from the busy manager to valet waas outstanding.

Numerous staff deserve a mention, Anthony on the whatever/whenever welcome desk Who is very knowledgeable about the trips and organised a great driver into the desert for us, Yasser the night manager who looked after us when we arrived tired and jet lagged and Dominic who also helped to sort our rooms. Karl, another W insider, john who serviced our room and Sara, the residence manager whose standards are second to none.

the W being a mix of the number one night club in Doha and 5 star hotel does present some challenges, particulalry for business travellers, but for us with the W teams help we had an excellent stay. nothing was too much trouble.

Our big thanks go to Gerald, the manager, and Vanessa, for all the any things they did for us both small and large, thank you. You transformed our stay and have made our time in Qatar more memorable than you can imagine. As I have said to you, you are a case study for customer service for any business school to use. I don't know how they select and train their staff at W , but it clearly works!

Joyous noel!

Room Tip: on lower floors you will hear the night club until 2.30 am so go for the highest possible if you wan...

Hello ALHELJOH,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this kind review about W Doha Hotel & Residences! We were very happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, and the help of our team to ensure that your stay was pleasurable.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Doha!

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I write to congratulate the hotel for two of the best receptionists I have come across my stays around the world!

Shan, a truly passionate, friendly and kind character has been not only attentive but providing me with solutions and quick fixes when most needed.
A truly inspiring professional with a bright smile!

Guram, a great young man, among the friendliest people I have met at the hotel, he made me feel at home as I arrived after 12:00 at night at the hotel during my first day.
He was very polite, very friendly and made me feel at home!

Overall I would like to congratulate you for all your team at the hotel W and I'm looking forward to my next visit hopefully in February.

Stamos Birsim

Hello Stamos B,

Thank you very much for your lovely review of W Doha! Guram, Shan and the rest of us here at the W were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time spent with us! Its such a delight to hear such nice words from our guests about our team!

Hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed December 10, 2013

This is the 5th time I stay at the W Doha, and quite frankly, this is the best serviced hotel I've ever stayed at. By my second visit, the staff already knew me by my name. The best welcome I've ever had was, is and I'm sure will always be from Maya; she works at the front desk and usually checks me in.

This is coming from a person that has travelled to over 50 cities and has stayed at the best hotels in those cities.

The restaurants are excellent with a newly opened Italian restaurant, Spiga. Everyone myst try their signature dish, the Pappardelle with steak. Market and Spice Market by Jean-Georges are equally amazing.

The one negative thing I would have to say is they don't know how to make a decent omelette and maybe their beds needs to be turned but apart from those two tiny issues, the hotel is the best hotel in Doha.

I love staying here.

Room Tip: Stay above the 7th floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
WDohaHotelResidences, E-Insider at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Hello Michel K,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review of W Doha! Maya and the rest of us here at the W were delighted to hear that you consistently enjoy your experience with us! With regards to the points of improvement you mentioned, please be assured that we will look into how we can improve them.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!