“First time at a W and good intro to the brand”

W Doha Hotel & Residences
Ranked #1 of 134 Hotels in Doha
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“First time at a W and good intro to the brand”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed at the W for a night while transiting through Doha. I had avoided W properties in the past as I tend toward a more classic/traditional style, but this property was great. Room was spacious,bathroom was exceptional with fantastic amenities. Loved the in-room Nespresso. Based on this experience I will definitely try another W. my only complaint is that dining options on a Friday afternoon were limited if one did not want to go for the Spice Market buffet.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
E-insider, E-Insider at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Hello smk78,

Thank you very much for your very nice review about W Doha! We are very happy that you had such a good time at our hotel. We understand your comments about friday lunch very well. Next month we'll open a new Italian restaurant "La Spiga by Paper Moon" which will offer a la carte lunch, even on Friday.

We hope to welcome you back with us soon!

The E-Insider

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Denver
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed there just for few nights for business. Great place for business and fun. Starwood really Wowed me with this one. Ultra modern but authentic style. Be sure to ask for higher floors with see view. The views of the new downtown Doha with all the new highrise buildings are amazing too at night.
You will have a real treat if you get the chance to try one of their Wow suites!!!!
I will go back there for sure

Room Tip: Doha is tough without car. You could use taxis but it is not regulated like the UAE. I elected to re...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
E-insider, E-Insider at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Hello notsohappyDenver,

Thank you very much for your kind review of W Doha! We are very happy that you had such a good time with us! We hope to welcome you back with us very soon!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I've stayed in the hotel for one night to celebrate my anniversary ..
I asked for a special romantic set up and they have done a great job and the set up was very nice and very generous adding a lot of things complementary .. Thanks a lot to all members of the work team there and specially to Vanessa who prepared every thing for that set up ,,
I hope I can make it again and stay in the W Doha for a longer stay..

• Stayed June 2013
Hello Du3a,

We really appreciate that you took the time to review W Doha! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay so much and that Vanessa could provide you with an extra amazing anniversary!

We hope to see you back with us soon!

Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Honestly, there is not a great deal to do. After your finance and oil and gas meetings there are very few places to hang out. I am doing more of a comparative review--I stayed at the Ritz Sharq Village once as well. Beautiful hotel with great service...but if I wanted a good time, great meal and good party..I ended up at the W. The restaurants there provided some of the best meals I have ever eaten...I think Spice Market Doha is one of the best Jean Georges Restaurants out there...I am a huge CityZen (DC) fan and the food is even better in Doha's Spice Market. The rooms were very nice..not the best...but the W is all about taking care of all comforts, being trendy and fun. This hotel does that. Nightlife in Doha is centered at this hotel. I guess I enjoyed myself a bit too much one year as the bellman recognized me from a visit 2 years prior. All this to say--stay in, eat at and relax at Doha, Qatar. By the way, how could I forget about lounging by the pool?!? Do that as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hello Brandon G,

Thank you very much for your wonderful recommendation! We really appreciate that you took the time to write your kind review! We hope to welcome you back with us soon.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Came back to the W after about an 18 month hiatus away from Doha and was completely blown away from start to finish!

I arrived rather early in the morning (around 10.30 am) and was immediately checked in and upgraded to a Wow Suite (as a Platinum member - the only way to describe this room is literally the "wow" they've used to name it). Was told about all the freebies available to SPG Plats (free internet - I had to sign up as a paid guest but never made it to my bill; lounge with drinks from 6-7 pm, free breakfast at Market for two) and everything worked like a charm. Figured out at the room that my adapter didn't work and they brought me another one within 5 minutes of calling them. The first night I was welcomed back to chocolate-covered strawberries, nuts and some drinks from the turn-down service, the second night I was invited to a "mix & mingle" event in Wham. Also used the gym once (small but covers all the bases), and had a nice milk shake at the W Cafe in the end.

As I think has become quite obvious, the service level I experienced was simply fantastic from start to finish. Prices for Doha are very competitive (especially considering what you're getting), and to top it all off there's always the "cool" factor inherent in any W (and even more so in Doha). Can't recommend this place highly enough!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
E-insider, E-Insider at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Hello Lukas V,

Thank you so much for you wonderful review about W Doha! We are very thankful that you took the time to rate your experience with us on our Tripadvisor page.

It is great to hear that you loved your room and that you have attended our GM's cocktail!

We hope to welcome you back soon with us!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Loved the hotel and overall experience... The W brand at its best! The hotel is super modern and has also fancy amenities and practicalities. The overall environment and service is superb. The club I hear is one of the best in town, I wasnt there over a weekend.

Room Tip: WOW suite is WoooW
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hello Borko H,

Thank you very much for your kind note about your stay at W Doha! We really appreciate that you took the time to leave your comments.

We are very happy that you enjoyed the W brand and W Doha in particular!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I had another short but exceptional stay at the W Hotel. Service is friendly, sincere and very helpful. Without giving away their secrets they have ways are putting a real wow into your stay with touches they have clearly thought through. I would absolutely recommend this hotel for comfort, good food, very comfortable rooms and above all service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hello Gadstrat,

Thank you very much for you very kind review of W Doha! We are very glad you had a good time with us and we hope to welcome you back soon!

The E-insider