“Best hotel in Doha” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 141 Hotels in Doha
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Best hotel in Doha”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

The hotel has the right size and decoration as not to feel impersonal like most other five stars. Love the rooms design and the available technologies. Service is excellent, from airport pick-up staff to quick check, from the exquisite Spice Market restaurant to the room service.

amenities are particularly rich and of very good quality.

Was upgraded to a WoW suite and yes, it is wooow. Best suite I have been to, again not impersonal like in other chain hotels, spaces are right, shower is amazing, and the modern design of the living room is top. Makes you feel like partying with a nice choice of music, Boze sound system, and changing colors seiling. The office side is calm and disconnected from the rest shoud you wish to work.

Having tried the Ritz and the Four Seasons in Doha, W is definitely the best place to stay.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gemmayzetraveller
WDoha, Manager at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Hello Gemmayzetraveller,

Thanks for the review as well as the ranking, we were delighted to hear that we are now your hotel of choice in Doha.

Please let us know when you will be back so we can have your lighting colour of choice ready in your room.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Great all around hotel, we overnighted on the way back from Australia to Sweden and was welcomed warmly by the team of really attentive staff. We got our room at 8am which was fantastic after the long 15 hour flight. We stayed in a room with a king size bed, and the room itself was well kitted out, bathroom was large and spacious and really appreciated after the long flight. Bed was one of the most comfortable I have stayed in and considering we were trying not to sleep to fight the jet lag, that was the only real problem! Recommend for a shorter stop over, not sure if a longer stay would be worthwhile though. Breakfast was fantastic, a real highlight but the Spice Market didnt live up to other reviews I have read. Pool did not overly impress so from a longer stay perspective I would choose a more resortish hotel. Great walking location to the bay and we walked around the corniche to the souq markets (about a 90 minute walk but relaxing, safe and enjoyable). Would recommend for stopovers, short stays, business and couples and the staff were fantastic.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hello Stephen M,

Thank you for the review, we were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your short stayover at the hotel.

We were sorry to hear about your Spice Market experience, however I have shared your comments with the team. If you would like to share more specifics on the meal, we would appreciate it, please just contact me through my email, daniel.kingston@whotels.com.

Thank you again for the detailed review and we look forward to seeing you again on another stopover.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

We had nice stay at W hotel Doha, great service was clean. Since front door was under renovation so it was a bit confusion where to go to check in. The room was nice but we had higher expectation from room which was not same as we imagined before. Overall it was good.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hello Towfigh T,

Thank you for the review, we were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.

By the way, the new doors are finished and look great.

Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

I initially came to the W after a long trip, and at seeing my exhaustion, Mr. Saad upgraded me to a suite for the night. I had a great stay, and the staff looked after me very well. The bar in the hotel, with the outdoor pool makes the best drinks I have ever had (no joke!!) better drinks. There is a Sri Lankan bar tender, ask him to make you a surprise drink based on your mood, how you feel or the base drink and he'll make the best possible drink for you. I recommend this hotel, and will definitely stay again, this time for longer, all because of the efforts of the staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Saad E
Hello Saad E,

Thank you for the review, I was delighted to hear that the team took great care of you, especially Hasan. I have passed your comments on to him and he was very thankful for the recognition.

Please let us know when you will be back, we have some more surprise drinks for you.

Thanks again and all the best,

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

The W Doha is the place to stay when you are in Doha. They cater to your every need and are very attentive. The amenities are incredible (spa, gym, restaurant) and the breakfast buffet is literally the best I have ever had. The staff met us right when we walked in and took us to our room so we did not have to wait in line or have a long check in process. They set up dinner reservations and also a car service for us. The room was gorgeous and clean. The shower is amazing! Wifi in the room was nice and the location of the hotel is unbeatable. I definitely recommend this hotel and will stay here next time I am in town!

Everything was perfect!

Room Tip: Get a corner suite on a higher floor if available. Amazing view and great value.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Daniel F
WDoha, Manager at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Hello mrdamnfein,

Thanks for the wonderful review, I was delighted to hear that the team took such great care of you and you're now a fan.

We are looking forward to having you with us on your next trip to Doha.

Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I’ve stayed with my wife for two nights. I’ve used my SPG points to pay my stay. The hotel is fascinating and perfectly decorated. I’ve originally booked a double room with King bed but when I arrived, they offered me a twin room with 2 King bed. I’ve accepted it as they stated that the available double room is close to the night club and it will be noisy.Internet was not complementary in rooms.

Breakfast was vary and tasty. The restaurant has distinguished atmosphere. The decoration and whole arrangement are exquisite.

I may stay on this hotel again as I liked the room, breakfast, and the skillful staff. However, I don’t recommend this hotel for conservatives’ persons as atmosphere is so western if you get my point.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor's room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mohdmh
Hello Mohdmh,

Thanks for the great review, we were delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Doha.

Frankfurt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I just came back from Doha WOW Vacation with my family.
My little family (wife & 2 year old daughter) and my brothers little family (wife & 6 month old baby)
spend 7 nights at W hotel Doha.
At the Airport, there was a miscommunication with the limousine service but they improvised pretty quick and brought us to the Hotel. Our Insider ( Concierge W style) Erik was waiting for us and helped us through the check in Procedure.
On the side of our room was big construction (24 H a day!!!!) so we complained, and a day later both of us got room at another side. Because of my platinum status at star wood , I got an amazing upgrade to a wonderful Apartment with huge living room!
My wife & me had a great SPA moments at Bliss SPA.
Whatever you asked, Our Insider Erik said always "No worries , Sir" and solved the Issue perfectly.

What can you expect more? the venue is breathtaking and all the W people are attentive but not aggressive and very cool.

Thank you W for the rejuvenating vacation!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Young Ho K
Hello Young Ho K,

Thank you for the wonderful review, we were delighetd to hear that you and the family enjoyed your time with us and managed to have such a rejuvenating stay.

Please let us know when you will be back.