“Best Hotel in Qatar”

Ranked #1 of 133 Hotels in Doha
Beirut, Lebanon
“Best Hotel in Qatar”
Reviewed April 22, 2011

The W Doha is definitely the place to stay when in Qatar, be it on business or leisure. The rooms are very comfortable, spacious, and creatively designed. The hotel itself is very trendy and hip. Its location is excellent, all staff are always friendly and very helpful, restaurants (Market and Spice Market) have GREAT food - especially the sushi - the Wahm lounge is the place to be in Doha on weekends and even weekday evenings. Hands down the best place to stay whenever in Doha. Lives up to "The W" brand image (boutique luxury hotels) and even exceeds it.

On the price side, rates might be above average, but it's still cheaper than the Four Seasons Doha, and definitely worth the price considering everything you get get in return. This is the only hotel I would consider staying at whenever I'm in Doha, if they aren't fully booked which could often be the case.

In addition to that, the SPG loyalty program has some of the best benefits worldwide, given that you will almost definitely find an SPG hotel in most cities you consider visiting.

After staying at several hotels in Europe and the Middle East, I'm inclined to say that this is the best one I've seen so far.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank MMD9

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed April 21, 2011

we stayed in a suite and its awesome. decor is modern and trendy. the surrounding views is a construction site. the spa was great! . if youre comin for business with little pleasure then check this out. helpful staff, their restaurants & bars are all nice.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank misstag
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed April 19, 2011

I stayed 5 days and the service is perfect. From the first moment started by the reception; they helped right away with all needed stuff as my laggage didn't come through when I arrived in Doha. I went into my room and I couldn't beleave it - JUST PERFECT. I went to the SPA the other day to relax and it is in one word: FANTASTIC. On the last night I went to the bar and imagine it was ladies night. It was a lot of FUN.
WHotel is my recommandation.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank 3amer333
South Shields, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Very quiet, spacious room, with huge bathroom and windows. Not a great view for all the building going on, but interesting to look out of. Staff were eager to help and very relaxed. Modern technology in room, with funky kettle and pod coffee machine. Food expensive, but very good and very quick room service with little extras. Lots of design in all areas of the hotel to amuse. Great products in the bathroom.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
WDoha, Manager at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, April 11, 2011
Well hello there Jusboro,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate the fantastic comments regarding the hotel and the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Doha.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2011

I have been in the W Hotel Doha, my wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary as we used to celebrate it every year in a different country.
It was really, this time different and very special .Luck played a very big role in this trip as I intended to book a room at the Four Seasons Hotel Doha, but I could not find a room there so I decided to look for another hotel on the Internet, I had no Friends in Doha before to ask about a good hotel to stay in .On the internet, By accident, I found the W Hotel asking myself, why not let us try.
When I came to the hotel, my first impression was very comfortable as the hotel has a special touch in the decoration and the design is very beautiful. I received a warm welcome from a very nice man whose name is Mohamed who was the only butler at the hotel .We spoke together and when he knew that I was there to celebrate my wedding anniversary, he offered himself for any further assistance and sevices.Mohamed escorted me to my room and it was Wow Suite, it was really very attractive and luxurious suite.
My wife and I decided to quote from the suite decor to our own house .The butler unpacked our suitcases in the cupboard very professionally.
He was very happy that we were there for the celebration of our marriage, as he told us.
It was really a very nice surprise the next day when he prepared a romantic dinner inside the suite by his own way which my wife and I liked very much.
He took some photos and made our stay memorable.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank brigtomas
Well hello there Brigtomas,

Thank you for your recent review, we are certainly very lucky that you decided to try us for your very special wedding anniversary.

We were also very happy to hear that Mohamed took great care of you and was able to create such a memorable moment for you. Mohamed does a great job and for your information, Mohamed is not only the only butler (or Wooster as we call it at W) at the W Doha, but the only Wooster in the W Brand. It is a new position that we are trying, so it was great that you got to experience it first hand.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back on many more wedding anniversaries!

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2011

just returned for a week long stay at The W Doha.
Loved the style and feeling of the hotel.
All of the staff I encountered had a "can do" attitude and showed a willingness to help.
The front of house and concierge were always happy to greet us and answer all our questions with helpful advice. My only one critisism was the cost of the in room internet that did add up to UK£ by the end of my stay.
A thouroughly pleasant stay.
I look forward to going back to stay with The W again..

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank pidpod1
WDoha, Manager at W Doha Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, March 15, 2011
Well hello there,

Thank you for your recent review, we were so happy to hear you enjoyed your week with us and that all our talent embraced the "Whatever Whenever" service philosophy that we are all so proud of.

Thanks for the note about the internet prices, we do provide complimentary Wired access in our Living Room, so make sure you make use of that on your next stay.

We do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next visit to Doha.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed March 8, 2011

I come to Doha on regular basis for the past 3 months, tried staying at different 5 Star hotels to have a taste of each. This was my first time to try the W after hearing so much about it, i did expect modern artificial feelings but I was taken by surprise from the moment I walked into the lobby (or the Living Room as they call it, and rightfully so) it gives you a warm home feeling that you usually miss in hotels.
Staff were really genuine in offering their services (surprisingly enough you don't hear the Yes Madam / No Madam, instead you get a more friendly approach). I felt comfortable talking to the receptionist and they handled all my requests with ease and I am very picky (high floor, smoking, away from service doors and elevators, nice view..) and all this was granted with ease and nicely without a single " sorry we can't or sorry we don't".. Room was comfortable and very well taken care of, the bed was awesome it makes you want to sleep more and more.. I only managed to try their Market restaurant for the famous "Express Lunch" and I have never had a better lunch, a choice of 5 starters, 5 main courses and 5 dessert all for a price you wouldn't believe for the quality you are getting.. (never leave without trying the Warm Chocolate Cake with the Vanilla Ice cream (it's out of this world)..
Overall it was the best hotel I have stayed in for ages and I have been staying in hotels for the past 12 years.
I look forward to come back again next month and the W in Doha is my new home.. It actually made me look for the W brand wherever I am travelling to..

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank GoldenGolda
Well hello there,

WOW, thank you for the great feedback, we are so happy you enjoyed your time with us. The talent here really do want to make our guests happy and so I am delighted to hear that you experienced it first hand.

The "Express" lunch at Market is great value, however you have to make sure you try the cheesecake next time, it's amazing!

Thanks again for the review, please let us know when you will be visiting Doha again, as we look forward to welcoming you back.