“Definitely wouldn't choose it if you can help it.”
Review of Le Park Hotel

Le Park Hotel
Ranked #123 of 135 Hotels in Doha
doha, qatar
“Definitely wouldn't choose it if you can help it.”
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Was really quite far from anywhere. Staff weren't very friendly and seemed to assune you'd know pretty important things like how internet worked by telepathy. The pool was again out of order which since this was the one reason I chose this pissed me off before I'd even started. In this sense I also felt a bit ripped off as the Crystal Palace hotel is much cheaper and looks exactly the same. The frequency with which this pool is out of order means I would accuse them of false advertising and am going to try to get some money back..

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank claredoherty01

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Faringdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2009

Most of Doha seems like a construction site, and this hotel is no exception. If I were local, drove their with my family and a car full of self-catering appliances, and stayed for a fortnight, it would have been possible to make the most of it. To explain; large rooms, well furnished, but devoid of ANY utencils. Good size kitchen area with microwave, large fridge, cooker, etc. but not a teaspoon, cup, plate or pan in the room. Bathroom was musty and all the fittings loose. Huge empty display cabinets in the sitting room. Poor TV connections. WiFi and even mobile phone signals only in certain locations; literally in the corner of the bedroom. Huge wardrobes: no coathangers. I think the hotel had recently changed it's name, because the soap and towels all seemed to be labelled as coming from somewhere else. Room service was a complete rip-off. The staff had no initiative, to the point of being ineffective. All in all, a disappointment and quite hard work. If I had to go back, I'd be prepared, and hope this review forewarns others.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank AGSwallow
Alabama
Reviewed October 12, 2008

I arrived today for a 2 day stay. I had heard it was a fairly new hotel from a friend of mine. The hotel is fine. The rooms are clean and spacious and have comfortable furniture. They had a nice digital thermostat. There was a kitchen, but no dishes or utensils. The bed was a bit of a letdown. Overall the room would have been fine and above expectations if it were not the following:

The issues started when I first called to book the room. I explained that I qualified for a discounted rate and they agreed. They could not reserve the room on the phone. They asked me to go to bookings.com and book the room. I did, but the website never gave me the option to get the discounted rate. When I checked in and asked about it, they acted like they didn't know what I was talking about, even though I had a copy of an e-mail from the hotel with that rate quoted.

They had booked me a room with a single large bed. When I got here, I was told they did not have that room and they put me in a room with two small beds. They offered to move me the next day. I hate the thought of having to pack back up and move less than 24 hours after the initial check in.

They were out of keys! This really pissed me off. They let me in the room and told me they'd bring me a key later. I waited for about 30 minutes and then I left for dinner. When I got back, they had changed shifts and the night shift didn't have a clue what I was talking about. They finally let me back in the room (still no keys). Now I feel like a prisoner in the room. I can't even go get a bottle of water or a bite to eat without having to go down to the lobby and beg to be let back in my own room. The last word was that I'd get a key sometime tomorrow.

There was nothing in the room advising you how to connect to the internet. The first call to the front desk led me to believe the only option was wireless. I could barely pick up a wireless signal, and then only in the kitchen. A few hours later when I called to complain, they told me there was a wall jack and if I had my own LAN cable, I could connect to the internet. They could not tell me where this jack was. I found it next to the phone jack and it worked fine.

The reception on the TV was very poor to the point of you not wanting to watch it. This was not corrected.

The refrigerator was barely cool.

The pool was closed for repair.

The staff was nice but they were not able to solve any of my issues. If time had allowed, I'd had just left and found somewhere else. I'm on a very tight schedule, so I stuck with what I got.

The sad part is, for the money, it could be a great little place. It's next door to a larger and nicer hotel that has some good restaurants. As it stands, I'll likely not return and I'll advise others to look elsewhere.

• Liked — Room size
  • Disliked — internet / service
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Kevin R

Travelers are raving about these Doha hotels