“Didn't live up to the hype”
Review of D'Arcy's Kitchen

D'Arcy's Kitchen
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: After a nice walk on the beach on a breezy day don't forget to pass by D'Arcy's Kitchen. You will be enchanted by our cottage-style interior with its bright & cheerful yellows and blues, folksy decorations and homely gingham seating. The pleasant, and always smiling staff, in their cute country-style outfits, will surround you with warmth and friendliness. As you begin sampling our freshly prepared beverages and wholesome food offerings, you will slowly begin to realize why D'Arcy's holds such a unique place in the hearts & minds of Muscat residents; and why it has twice won the much coveted "Best Cafe Award" since opening its first branch in 1997 in the Shatti Al Qurum beach area. If you're in the mood for a more tranquil experience why not visit our second branch, which is located in a residential area and offers a slightly different and more relaxing experience. With its green & leafy outdoor "English Garden" patios it is reminiscent of pleasant summer living in country villages all over Europe. Over the years D'Arcy's has managed to satisfy its diverse multinational and multicultural customer base by providing a vast selection of items from coffees to juices, from salads to sandwiches, from soups to main dishes, from snacks to desserts. Some of our longtime favorites include our delicious D'Arcy's Breakfast with coffee and juice, refreshing Lime & Mint crushed iced drink, Caesar and Avocado Salads, Traditional Lamb stew, Homemade pies, Tuna and Coronation sandwiches, our famous Steak, Fish & Chips, Aromatic Marinated Chicken, Carrot cake and Sticky Toffee Pudding. Everyone always tells us how at home they feel in D'Arcy's. Whether they're alone, with friends or with the family they always find that spending time at D'Arcy's is both relaxing and rejuvenating. So, give yourself a treat and enjoy a cup of the best cappuccino in town whist reading the latest magazines or having a nice chat with friends.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Didn't live up to the hype”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

After reading several glowing reviews of D'Arcy's Kitchen, we decided to give it a go, but we were sadly disappointed and do not feel it deserved such praise.
The decor, bright and cheery and a little kitch, was rather fun and the staff were quick and attentive. We both chose the lemon and mint crushed ice juice drink, which was rather delicious and to be honest the best thing we had !
The stuffed chicken breast in a mushroom sauce was rather dry and the sauce could easily have come from a jar, served with green beans and sweetcorn, clearly tinned. The chicken fillet sandwich was average and rather over cooked, considering how quickly our dishes came, they were clearly already cooked and did taste like they had been sitting around for a while. The only saving grace was the chunky chips served with both meals, which were cooked well and were nice.
All in all, probably a nice place for a quick coffee but we won't be in a hurry to sample the food again. There are nicer places in Shatti.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank carrowe
D'Arcy's K, General Manager at D'Arcy's Kitchen, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear customer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on D’Arcy’s Kitchen. We value all feedback, both positive and negative. We are glad you found our staff to be “quick & attentive”.

We are sorry that you didn’t enjoy the food you ordered. We would be delighted to host you & your companion again, as our guests, so that you can sample some other dishes from our extensive menu. This menu has been designed to satisfy our multi-national customer base and we are confident that you will find some of our other dishes more to your liking.

With regards to our cooking methods, please be assured that everything we serve is freshly made to order and all our sauces & dressings are homemade by our head chef, Paul Steffens, and his team. Over the last fifteen years we have endeavored to introduce systems that ensure that our food is both fresh and that it reaches our customers within the quickest possible time. We would be more than happy to give you a tour of our kitchens so that you can witness, first-hand, how our food is prepared & cooked. If this is convenient, please contact our Operations Manager, Alex, on 99317143 to arrange a time. We would be very glad to meet with you.

• Arabic first
Muscat, Masqat, Oman
“D'Arcy's experience”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

If you are a fan of a European cuisine you should definitely visit D’Arcy’s. You’ll be offered a diversified menu for breakfast, lunch, dinner etc. Having tried practically all of the things in the menu I must say that all of them are cooked with love, so everything is very tasty. My family’s favorites are the cheesecakes and steaks. By the way, steak in D’Arcy’s is a good value for money in Oman. It is also a great place to dine out with kids. There in MQ’s branch you’ll find a kids’ playground just inside the garden that surrounds the restaurant. It’s a very nice and green place in Muscat. Also the staff is very welcoming, offering fast and good service.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank AnnaMukha
“The best restaurant in Oman ”
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

D'arcy's kitchen is the first restaurant comes in my mind when am hungry ,, the yammy food with home taste ,, very clean and welcoming staff ,, the menu is the yammmy and the prices very affordable comparing with other restaurants
I tried most of the food there and the sweet is a real sweet yammy ,, I love the "date cake " ,,

D'arcy's kitchen lunching new lunch menu still I didn't get a chance to taste it but my friends went there and they love the new dishes ,,

I think D'arcy's kitchen is the Omani brand they should open other restaurant in seeb and Dubai or any GCC country but they should hold the name of Oman to be proud of it,,

Very good service
Very good food

Don't miss eating there

3 Thank Shabib A
Muscat, Oman
“Comfort food at its BEST!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I found D'Arcy's kitchen by mistake. I guess it was my lucky day! I was actually looking for another restaurant in the MQ area when I stumbled accross D'Arcy's Kitchen. I was attracted by the relaxed looking garden setting from the outside of the restaurant.

As a traveler I eat out a lot. Usually in restaurants that looks like something out of a design magazine, which, after a while, all looks alike and serves the same food... D'Arcy's kitchen was a breath of fresh air! The restaurant, food and staff reminded me of small town living somewhere in Europe. Service was friendly and swift, food was upretentious and the atmosphere relaxed, a cure to my home sickness. At D'Arcy's Kitchen, you feel at home, and this is what puts the restaurant in a league of its own here in Muscat.

After a big steak with veggies, creamy mashed potato and a beautiful pepper sauce, I felt satisfied, but I got greedy when I saw the carrot cake on a neighbouring table. I do not regret my desicion to have dessert, D'Arcy's Kitchen bakes the mother of all carrot cakes!

D'Arcy's Kitchen is well worth a visit, food and service is good and does not cost an arm and a leg, and friendliness from staff are to be experienced in abundance.

Thank you to the D'Arcy's Kitchen Team!

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank Eat_Global
“Good place for weekend lunch”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

It is good as a cafeteria, food is average and service is not optimum time by time. But still good place, good location to meet with friend for weekend lunch

• Visited August 2013