“Bland, cold, salty and limited take away options...”
Review of The Noodle House

The Noodle House
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Got delivered the wrong food. Phone never answers. Rice was awful! Noodles bland, dumplings were a little bit over done and tasteless. Shame really as 2-3 years ago I kind of enjoyed this menu. Really needs to step it's game up...hopefully I'll try again in 2-3 years and menu/service is improved.

1  Thank Spratts_Bonio

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Really don't know what is wrong at Noodle House was very disappointed on the recent visit, it all started with very cold behavior of staff in greeting & meeting (unusual @ Noodle House), staff were all busy together laughing with each other but least bothered about attention to diners, it took 20 minutes to get our drinks served and 25 minutes to starters with worst Dimsum ever and Calamari in Crispy Salt & Pepper was so tough, Thai green curry was absolutely tasteless & flavorless, shanghai noodles was nice

I do not know if there is change of management but this place do lack consistency in all departments

2  Thank Robin F
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We were shopping in Muscat City Center and decided to get a bite to eat in this restaurant. It was around 7pm on a Thursday evening and the place had customers, all being served by ONE female member of staff. We placed our order and managed to get our food in a reasonable amount of time. The place soon started to fill up and still only one young girl was doing the service, running from one table to another. We observed customers getting upset and placing demands that could not be met because of this restaurant's poor management. Food is not cheap in this joint which is obviously well positioned for a brisk trade, especially at the weekend, so why deplete staff????

2  Thank Jim J
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My wife and I have frequented The Noodle House since it first opened. Having just paid a visit last night I feel the need to pass on my thoughts. This used to be a fair place to eat, the food was good and the menu varied. Last night we had to wait to be seated, despite the restaurant being nearly empty, as there seemed to be practically no staff available. When it came to ordering, we were told that none of the items containing duck were available. We made our choices and placed our order. You guessed it! My choice of starter was also unavailable and it didn't contain duck! Once our meals arrived they were fair although portion size seems to have decreased over time (the price hasn't though!). Would we go back? Probably, but not in a hurry.

1  Thank Steve G
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Deciding on a quick bite before shopping we went to the Noodle House at Muscat City Centre. We ordered squid, a duck salad and a Thai prawn curry. The squid was sent back to the kitchen, absolutely dreadful over cooked and rubbery and not very nice at all. The duck salad was way over salted, I mean seriously salty and the prawn curry had way too much coconut cream, sickly thick. I think I will be giving it a miss in future.

1  Thank mercia g