“BOB - Best Of the Best”

La Parrilla Winter Edition
Ranked #94 of 935 Restaurants in Beirut
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: La Parrilla is a unique Steak House which combines the finest Argentinean meat with a range of international dishes, making their menu as distinct as their atmosphere. The food is always health consciously prepared, with no oils or fats on anything they grill. New recipes constantly appear on their changing menu, giving them a chance to creatively challenge your taste buds. With live entertainment accompanying your dinner every night, La Parrilla aims to offer excellent quality and high standard service in a casual and relaxing environment.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My brother knows the best restaurants in town, so he took me and my wife to LA PARILLA Stake House to taste their stake, since he is the expert I let him choose for me. It was a great steak in summery he didn't let me down. The service was prompt and the food was delicious. I got a steak with their own sauce. Simply delicious!!! I will go their again when I get the chance.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Extremely overpriced steak, 40$ a dish !!! and meat is not what they say it is "Argentinian lomo". The service was slow, the waiter looks at you from above as if you're nothing and at the end we got ripped off, will never visit again. This place is for show off only.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

The best steak I've ever tasted in my life , romantic atmosphere worth the value of money average of 100$ per couple

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We loved the food, best steak we have had for ages. Old fashioned but very nice decor. We went on a Sunday afternoon very quiet, but have been told need to book for weekend evenings.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

****Thank you for referring to my profile to understand how I rate restaurants****

La Parrilla's food is a disappointment. People had been raving about this place as being the oldest and best Argentinean stake house in Beirut. It is definitely one of the oldest ones, but not one of the best. Let us go quickly over what I sampled from the menu.

- Ceviche: Ok classical version of the dish, nothing worth raving. The ingredients are undoubtedly of quality and tasty which is good...but that's it. According to my rating scale, this deserves a solid "3".

- Bife de Lomo: I have a significant issue, I did not check with my waiter because I thought It would be useless, but I have an allergy to how Australian beef tastes. For some reason I can recognize its taste among 3 or 4 different origins of beef. I am willing to bet the fillet at La Parrilla is actually Australian and not Argentinean. I mean there is no deceit there as the menu does not specify the origin of the meat, but the waiter answered positive to my question prior to ordering on whether the meat is Argentinean. Now most Lebanese love Australian beef so they must be satisfied with the meat served at La Parrilla and form this perspective I give it a three because the meat is of good quality but it is not why I expected and La Parrilla will not be the top of mind restaurant for me when I am looking for a great steak.

- side orders: try the corn puree. That was a discovery for me (make sure you love corn...it definitely is the case for me). I loved it. The Pesto puree is ok (potato puree flavored with basil). steamed spinach leaves are fine (could be younger).

The restaurant has a good wine list by Beyrouth standards. I tried the Chateau Cossieu Coutelin, a very nice 2009 St Estephe (great year, can hardly go wrong in Bordeaux even for cheaper wines).

Now with regards to the other points that might be of interest to you but usually do not impact whether I go back to a place or not.

- Service: fine service, waiter was a bit stiff but loosened up with some humor. I had an issue with items missing from the menu. out of the only two Malbecs on the wine list the one I wanted was missing (oups in an Argentinean restaurant, both because two wines is not enough and missing one is even worse). Foie gras was also missing (it was listed a specialty and its definitely a disappointment). Finally, the waiter also made us wait to check whether there was ceviche left (which was available thankfully). It is definitely annoying to have many items missing.

- Atmosphere was really nice. The house by itself is fantastic. its an old Lebanese house (there aren't many left in Beirut) and you feel good inside. I liked the cutlery for some reason, it must have reminded me of some used at home in my childhood. Cherry on the cake, there was alive pianist that plays wonderfully well really soft oldies. The music doesn't impede your ability to listen to people on your table (and your neighbors' table) even if large.That was Saturday night and I very much appreciated the attraction...almost felt like getting up to sing with the guy.

- Price: Price is definitely on the upper side for such a menu (USD 80 per person without the wine, without desert and with only one starter). It definitely was filling but given the quality of the meat, it is not worth it.

I really hope this review was helpful to you. If it was the case thanks a lot for mentioning it below.

5  Thank Moonsear