“Cockroaches!!!”

Le Marly Hotel
Le Marly Hotel
Ranked #92 of 116 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed March 26, 2013

this is the worst hotel i've ever stayed in in beirut!
I stayed once for 2 nights there and it was horrible!
very old, tiny, not clean at all rooms, the worst part is the cockroaches!! big fat black cockroaches! and they were everywhere! I even found one on my toothbrush!! you can imagine how disgusted I was! and when I complained to the front desk the man was like duh! and called his colleague to go upstairs with me and see.. but no action was taken of course.
I hope they do a renovation and heavy cleaning and sanitizing to the place, since it has a very good location.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shireen H

Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

I like this hotel. It doesn't over promise and under-deliver. It actually provides a nice base to explore Lebanon from. The room was clean and nice to stay in; I had a large TV, new AC unit, walk in shower and fresh sheets. The noise from Rue Hamra is loud but then Beirut is a noisy city!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Very bad hotel, one star more than enough for them, dirty room with many types of insects!!!
Noisy, no services at all.
In comparison with the other hotels near by and taking the its bad condition it is very expensive.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Ahmed A
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stayed at Le Marly for 10 days in October 2011. I would definitely stay there again and know several people who have. I was there for a dance convention. It was a partner hotel for the event. Although it's star rating was lower, I know of TWO separate rooms of dancers that relocated from another partner hotel to stay at Le Marly. The atmosphere is friendly and unique. They have lots of original art my local artists in the lobby and in the rooms. The lobby and dining room were very nice places to hang out.

It was clean and the staff was courteous and attentive. They worked very closely with the convention organizers which made our arrivals and departures from all around the world go remarkably smooth.

The only major draw back was the internet access. But I found that to be true of pretty much everywhere in Beirut. It's available for free but only in the lobby area (at least when I was there).

Also, they are doing renovations gradually. So although my room, and several of the other's, was very modern (flat screen TV, awesome bathroom, and a balcony), others were pretty much straight out of the 60's. I still think the value was there even with an older room. But you might want to specify that you want a renovated room when you arrive.

There were definitely a few snags that came up, but the staff was always willing to accommodate. (I notice that things just don't run the same in Beirut as they do in the US and Europe. So I don't think it's an isolated trend.)

And you are in a VERY convenient area. Hamra street is great! Walk out the front door, hang a left. You have pretty much any American convenience, plus lots of Lebanese gems, and on a Saturday night, live music pervades from at least 1 pub on each block. Sometimes three. They are used to tourists and were generally very polite, respectful, and helpful.

Breakfast was a kind of "continental-breakfast-gone-mediterranean" (included in the room price). There were three kinds of bread, one served hot with a dusting of garlic and other herbs/seasonings, butter, jellies/jams, hot tea, coffee, sliced tomatoes, piles of parsley and cilantro, and an amazing cheese that looked like heavy whipped cream and tasted kind of like plain yogurt. (I forgot the name). Plus boiled eggs and a few other things that would change every few days.

As an American it took some getting used to but it's really the perfect start to your day. And I appreciated that they offered something so authentic. I really miss that food!

I would definitely stay there again, on my own or with a group.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2012

located right on hamra street above chopsticks you are a stone's throw away from all the shops. rooms are just ok for a few nights but on the small side. staff could do with some trainning, though they can't be faulted for their lack of service.
go here for the location with little to no expectations for a good stay.

Room Tip: higher floors to avoid traffic noise
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank JKalmoni
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We stayed there 3 nights as tourists.it was located in a famous and lively street of Beirut( Hamra),but its rooms are very noisy even when you close windows.partly it is because of a bad habit of lebanise drivers to honk .

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I booked into this hotel for 3 nights with Octopustravel and it was paid for before i arrived. when i did eventually arrive the manager told me they had a problem. He said they were doing renovations and couldn't give me a room until the following morning. so he asked me if it would be ok if i stayed in another hotel. i said ok because im a nice guy. Following rang them to see what the story was and was told they had no checkouts. I believe they had double booked and ended up staying in other hotel for my stay. They then told me i had to pay other hotel 90 dollars with i did not pay as i had already paid. this hotel should not be allowed to advertise room on travel sites as they are unreliable. Never again. if you like to know about my stay in the Napoli hotel i will let you know. very nice staff but room could do with a makeover. shabby. water leaking cable holding up shower curtain to ceiling with fell down. but have to say hotel staff very accomadating and nice. Have pics of room i stayed in

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo