We stayed at Golden Tulip Hotel de Ville in July 2012 for a personnal trip, The location is GREAT! It is in Achrafiye, which is an upscale neighbourhood in Beyrouth. It is right next to Universite St-Joseph, so the it gets full of students sometimes by day, which makes it even more sympathetic. It is in a very calm side street, but at 20-30 minutes walk from downtown Beyrouth so it is very convenient.
There is also a travel agency next to it, where we booked a tour, and from where the bus leaves, which makes the location of the hotel very practical.
The rooms are small, but confortable and very clean. All rooms seem to have a private balcony, and the view from our balcony (as anywhere in Beyrouth) was breathtaking (from far)
There was construction when we went, so sometimes it might get noisy.
The price is very reasonable in a city where hotel rooms seem to be not less than 200$ a night.
Golden Tulip in 5 points:
1. Very good location in a quiet neighbourhood but not far from the action
2. Small rooms, but very clean and confortable
3. Expensive breakfast: NOT worth it
4. Free wi-fi with DAILY passwords
5. Very friendly staff
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel de Ville, where luxury and hospitality conveniently blend to provide you with atmosphere of modern elegance. Only 2min away from the national museum, 10min from Beirut international airport and a walking distance to downtown and night life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Golden Tulip Hotel de Ville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip Beirut
- Beirut Golden Tulip