Suite Hotel Chrome
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Boutique Hotel(Jal el Dib)
  • Room Service
La Cigale(Beirut)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I booked this hotel for my parents as it is close to my in-laws house, we had the executive room. Didn't have huge expectations. Unless staying close to family, this hotel is too far away from everything for a tourist to lebanon. It is more in the suburbs. When booking room specifically asked for a high floor facing away from the road. Was advised they could do this. But when checking in this was not available. Ended up on first floor facing road. Parents said that noise while sleeping was not a problem as bedroom is furtherest away from the road. Bedroom also has no windows which is a huge downside. Room had a kitchenette but NOTHING is supplied, not even cups. You have to pay extra for everything. It wasn't alot but I have never seen this before in my travels, so just for the principle of it we got all the things from the in-laws house. Parents do not speak arabic so when asking hotel for things ie iron, they never delivered it, but when my husband asked in arabic it was there in 5min max. Bathrooms are dirty, the rest of the room looks ok from a far due to coat of paint. This hotel was fine, but would not of booked if it wasn't in such a good location for us. If booking make sure u do not book the annex, it is across the road and looks even worse.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ka7i3
Reviewed September 15, 2010

I don't know how they can rate this hotel as a four star or even three star hotel. The only thing that was good about it was that fact they had air-conditioning and hot water.

The beds did not have bed covers, just sheets and blankets.
The TV reception was terrible and there were no good channels for kids to watch.
The internet was not working the first week we were there.
The bathroom mirror was disgusting. We complained the first day we were there. They removed the mirror ten days later and left a filthy wall behind it. Two days later they put a mirror they found in someone's basement up. The day before we left, they replaced it with a real mirror.
The shower in the bathroom was not working properly, but it was fixed.
The toilet broke on the first day and towel rack was about to fall off the wall.
The safe was locked from the day we got there, and I'm sure it's still not open yet.
We were not even in the main building. We were in the annex. I was not told this when I booked. There is no view of the Mediterrean from our room. We could only see the neighboring buildings and their parking lots. They could see us too, so the curtains remained closed. There was no balcony.
Breakfast was in the main building. If you don't mind inhaling smoke with breakfast, then it's OK. Breakfast is from 6:30 until 10:30. One morning we got there at 10:00 and there were no more eggs. We requested some, and the chef said he already cleaned the stove. Just an example of the customer service you can expect.
On Sunday, the light in the bathroom went out. We called, and they said they weren't sure if they can fix it, it was Sunday after all. In the end they did fix it.
The family suite is not as advertised. It is not two adjoinging rooms. It is a suite with two bedrooms, a living room and 1 bathroom (not two).
The people at the front desk are polite and they write down your requests but that's it. They do not do anything about them.
I requested to speak with management and they sent the reservation clerk. That's how much they care.
They promised me a one night refund to compensate for the service issues, I'm still waiting.
The kitchenette does not have enough supplies for a family. There is no stove, but there is a microwave.
If you just need a place to sleep and shower, then this hotel is ok, but if you intend on staying there during the day, you will be so disappointed. I'm not even sure I would classify it as a hotel. I've stayed at nicer motels.
The pictures lie. There is never much food at breakfast. The rooms do not look as nice as they do in the pictures.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

ever resided in for
this cost!! Even the
hotels in West Africa
(Gabon, Malabo,
Nigeria) are better. In plain terms stay
Away and a classic case
Of false advertising. No proper bedsheets, no pillows, noisy construction
Inside the hotel!!

1  Thank bosbooi
Reviewed April 6, 2010

I stayed just one night before flying back to London. Positives are the room I was given was in my opinion very stylishly decorated with modern furniture and wood/tiled flooring. Negatives that I think outweigh the positives; 1. It is a long way from downtown Beirut and it seemed quite dangerous to walk from the hotel to local shops because there is very little space for pedestrians. 2. I found it very difficult to sleep because of the traffic outside my room on the first floor at the front of the hotel. I put my Walkman on to drown it out, but it was only quiet when I woke at 4am. 3. I noticed that there was a charge of $5 USD per hour for the internet which is OTT considering the local internet cafe charged me $1 USD per hour.
I cannot comment on breakfast as I had to leave to catch my flight before it was served.
I would recommend that travellers consider very carefully where they want to be situated in Beirut before booking this hotel as it is a long way away from the centre. I cannot fault my room on its décor and cleanliness but I would advise travellers not to take a room on the first floor at the front of the hotel as it very noisy and there is no nice view at this level.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Blancacita13
Reviewed January 21, 2010

the hotel is located on a very busy street and the horns are always honking. the buidling runs perpendicular to the ocean so you have to go out on the balcony to see the ocean. It claims to be good for long visits but the rooms are missing: carpet, rugs, doormat, peep hole, fire escape plan, ice, end tables, lamps, only 2 pillows, only 1 blanket, non-english speaking night crew, balcony furniture, mini bar, toiletries, wash clothes, extra towels, hotel service guide, hangers, extra toilet paper, microwave, coffee maker, radio, alarm clock, pen, paper, luggage rack, shower cap, slippers, robe, moisterizer, hot pad, silverware, dishes. deficiencies included a clogged shower head that sprayed water everywhere, burn hole in bed cover, casually dressed staff, staff attitude was poor, room service didn't always deliver, poor lighting. I read in another posting that this hotel might be used for "quick interludes". I think we heard one such couple one night. There is no sound proofing inside the hotel and you can hear EVERYTHING that happens inside a room or next door. Have fun if that's your thing.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple