“Great hotel in good location, helpful staff.”
Review of Cavalier Hotel

Cavalier Hotel
Ranked #31 of 116 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed January 25, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for three nights - it was a very comfortable hotel. The staff were helpful and friendly and assisted us in finding a taxi ride to Amman.. i would say it was an above average tourist hotel in a very convenient location.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Cavalier Hotel

Reviewed October 26, 2009

We usually stay at the Bristol or at the Crown Plaza but this time we decided to try this hotel because we were disappointed with our last stay at the Bristol ( we had to change rooms 3 times).. The hotel was a very pleasant surprise : easy access to Hamra, quiet street, wonderful breakfast buffet and staff eager to help. The room, although not the most spacious was very clean and very comfortable, ditto for the bathroom. And the price was just right! I very highly recommend this hotel and we will definitely book another room there during our next stay

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank smon97
Reviewed September 24, 2009

This is my second review for this hotel. Sometimes you wonder after a nice stay, if it were just a one-off, or if it is always good. Well, in the case of this little Hamra gem, it is! I found myself suddenly in need of a night's loging before a flight and I called them up. They remembered me, and gave me a better deal than the web was offering! I certainly hope the owner of this property recognizes how good his (mostly) young, energetic staff are. Not a grump or attitudnik amoung them. A molehill tried to make itself into a mountain, but the talented young manager adroitly took care of it. This owner should relax on the golf course with this talented fellow in charge. They are all pleasant alternatives to the ever-increasing level of prissy rudeness that has affected so many hotel staff these days.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank desertdenizen
Reviewed September 1, 2009

Well we travelled to Beirut at really short notice, and it was our first trip to Lebanon too.
We arrived at the Hotel fairly late in the evening but that wasn't a problem.I had taken a look on Trip Advisor before I went I use it like a travellers bible , it seemed to be mainly good.I am always very apprehensive when arriving to places as I am very aware that one mans meat is another mans poison as we say.It is certainly not one of the big hotel chain style hotels , but that is usually my preference anyway ,and to be honest we were not dissapointed.the rooms were carpeted ( great for reducing noise transference between rooms) I have 3 older kids so thats a great thing , hence we took 2 rooms.
We couldn't fault it , right from the room service to reception, the staff were friendly and helpful beyond belief, which to be quite honest made our holiday all the more pleasurable.
The Manager even arranged a reputable driver for us and told him of our itinerary for a few days as we really had no idea of the tourist attactions available and i was on a mission to see plenty of lebanon.Ahmed our driver was great very patient with us with 3 bickering kids , one of them newly 15 she didn't want to see another pile of rocks again ...lol he allowed her happily to sit with him in a cafe or in the car .
The Cavalier is a great location for access too based on Hamra street , not far from the corniche .Bare in mind you are in a city centre so the traffic noise is apparent but only in the mornings for us we were out in the evenings anyway ...there was also a night club across the road but to be honest there was only 2 nights we could hear the music a little and it was muffled. I live in a city anyway so a constant back ground noise is what i am used to but it certainly didnt interupt us .The hotel meals were not over priced either and neither were the bar bills.The maid was awsome my kids sharing a room was hard for even me to stomach and amazingly she not only cleaned but tidied after them too .That for me as a busy mum was just the icing on the cake of a wonderful stay.
The breakfasts were great too with a little bit of every kind of breakfast that all nationalities could eat.Basically in all areas of the hotel nothing was ever too much trouble for any of the staff and none of them were grumpy or fed up we all really had a great stay and felt totally refreshed after a break from the old routine...
All in all we would go back there .

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank britchick38
Reviewed July 23, 2009

This is a fairly efficient hotel in a good location in Hamra, Beirut. Don't expect to be blown-away by the rooms, but it is clean and comfortable. The breakfast is probably better than average compared to similar hotels. We had a little bit of issue with the front-desk staff (over-charging on the checkout by a few dollars, calling a taxi), but all-in-all, this hotel provides good value for money.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2009

Stayed at the Cavalier for eleven nights and found the place very comfortable. The front desk staff are friendly and efficient. Cleanliness is second to none. My room was vacuumed every day and the bathroom floor was mopped daily; something which ceretainly hasn't happened in similarly rated hotels in France or Austria recently. Breakfast has a decent, varied selection although the orange was more of an orange 'drink' than fresh juice during my stay. I didn't have any trouble with traffic noise or loud music from the night club and slept well. Great location, clean and friendly - more than you get at many hotels.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank EbenezerS
Reviewed May 7, 2009

Stayed at Cavalier for four nights. Whole experience was great: the hotel is in a central location in Hamra, booking was easy and the price good value for Beirut, and the rooms are well sized and clean, all with balconies. Most importantly, the staff are very friendly and went out of their way to help. Strongly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple