“Clean,Tidy and Friendly staff in a perfect location”
Review of Cavalier Hotel

Cavalier Hotel
Ranked #35 of 114 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed there from the 1st May 2013 for 5 days with my family.
The hotel located in the heart of Hamra St.(most popular & live street in Beirut) with a walking distance to super markets,exchane offices and most of facilities.
The staff was very friendly and cooperative in any advice about best tours and sightseeing places (especially Mr. RAYAN)
The room & toilet is not so big but functionally furnished,
Standard/basic breakfast with Lebanese touch,
Valet parking was available for 24 H daily.
For sure I will visit again.

Room Tip: All rooms with double glass to avoid external noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mezz-Nono

Reviewed February 9, 2013

The location of the hotel is great. The room is clean & tidy. The Staff are extremely helpful & polite ,you can always count on their recommendations for outings & dine ins. Also there is a nice karaoke bar i Guess named Sector 34 you can enjoy a nice Karaoke night in. i highly recommend this hotel for anyone's stay in Beirut.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ahatem
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed at Cavalier hotel in October 2011 and returned back in May 2012 for a second visit because we simply love it! We booked the Executive room both times because the rooms are nicer & we didn't think the price difference was high. The rooms are nice, on the smaller size but very well furnished for a 4 stars hotel. All the rooms look at the opposite building; however the corner rooms had more opened views. The hotel is pretty small but charming in its own way. Breakfast was convenient, not much of a variety but was still okay. When you book online you get free wireless internet which is always a plus.

I can't say enough about the service, the staff is super friendly & helpful; they are always greeting you with a smile and more than happy to help you. We usually asked them for recommendations to places we should visit & where to eat and their suggestions never failed! Even the hotel manager helped us book tickets to the Music Hall (which is a must go) very last minute and we were more than grateful. They suggested that we rent a car on our first visit (which turned out to be a great advise!) because taxis can be really expensive & they helped us with the procedures.

On our first visit we were celebrating my Husband's birthday, so they arranged it with me & sent us a complimentary cake of my choice. And on our second visit we were celebrating our 1st Anniversary and they sent us complimentary Cake & a Flower Bouquet! As I mentioned earlier, I can never say enough about their lovely spirit!

The hotel location is also a big bonus; it's right off the lively Hamra Street and a short walk to Down Town Beirut. There is big parking space next to the hotel in case you decide to rent a car like we did.

We simply love their welcoming Lebanese spirit, the convenience of the hotel & the amazing location so I guess will go back soon!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NEmile
Reviewed December 2, 2012

After I made my reservation 1wk ahead, confirmed the reservation 24hrs before arrival, upon arrival I was told that my reservation is cancelled and they have changed it to "35ROOMs hotel" !... I can not imagine how stupid is this this thinking and treatment, I think it is just mean way to send customers to 35 rooms hotel, which is far below and for the same price, I would not recommend it at all to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank sam J
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights, the location is off the main street but a decent area and waking distance to all the good stuff. The rooms are good enough but nothing special, the breakfast is the same. Internet is great in that you can get as many log-ons as you need (ie not restricted to one device). The staff are friendly enough and speak English well. The elevators are the old school small European type, there are no real views from the rooms. As always in Lebanon negotiate everything outside the hotel and don't expect the staff at the hotel to assist you in negotiating, you are a tourist regardless of what you think.

I found that I could stay in a much higher class hotel down the street for the same price so I moved out eventually. Nothing against this hotel, just wanted a little more specious room with a nicer view environment as I was going to be there a while.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I recently visited while on holiday in Lebanon. The Cavalier was a decent price and they very kindly upgraded us to a suite (and left some wine and cake in our room), which was kind of them, but the hotel is almost entirely devoid of character.

There was a wide range of options at breakfast but trying to work out what worked together was a slightly baffling experience (at least for those of us who aren't on the ball first thing in the morning). Staff were very friendly and helpful at all times, including the early hours of the morning.

It is in a great location for the sights of West Beirut and you never struggle to get a service taxi back because all drivers know they can get fares from Hamraa, so I would probably stay again, but would rather stay somewhere with more character.

Room Tip: We told them (honestly) that we were on holiday to celebrate our wedding anniversary and they very k...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Ideal location at one end of Hamra. Loads of restaurants and shops within walking distance. The hotel arranged a car to pick us up from the airport which was very handy. Breakfast was included and was very good. I would definitely use again.

Room Tip: The hotel lists Wi Fi as an extra cost, but I think they will throw it in for free if you ask. (We f...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple