“Great location, friendly and helpful staff, modern and clean rooms.”
Review of Cavalier Hotel

Cavalier Hotel
Ranked #32 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
Bournemouth
“Great location, friendly and helpful staff, modern and clean rooms.”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Located at the tip of the famous Hamra Street the hotel is at a unique position to explore the vibrant city of Beirut. It is about 30-45 minutes away from the airport, depending on the traffic.
Rooms are very clean and modern. Staff are friendly and helpful.
Breakfast at the hotel could be improved ( I saw one of the workers there turning the pancakes with his hands!). The cakes are very dry, but still delicious (probably a clean glass cover would do the trick). Also, as the hotel is in the middle of the busy area of Beiurut, it tend to be sometimes noisy at night. Get a room on the top floor if available!
The hotel has free wifi. However for each of your wifi enable device you need an access code and every time you leave the hotel and come back you need another new access for each device! Annoying if you come back in the middle of the night and you have forgotten to take a new access when you got in. Sort it out guys please.
Price per room is on the high side.
Overall, a repeatable experience and a very recommended place for friends and family.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Karatone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Farnham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I liked the clean and modern room, fairly recently refurbished by the looks of it, flat screen TV, huge automatic blind on the window. The balcony was a nice feature of the room, and it was clean. The bathroom decor and fixtures looked new. The location of the Hotel Cavalier was great, entrance just off Hamra St. Lots of grocery stores and restaurants within easy walking distance. Lifts were old-fashioned but quaint. I was given an upgrade at no extra cost, much appreciated. There was a good buffet breakfast included in the room rate and the breakfast room was light and clean.

Unfortunately, my room was opposite a noisy night club and thumping music carried on until the early hours. Conditioner was not included in the toiletries and I wonder if hotel management appreciate what an essential shower item this is. As there is always soap, I would rather they cut out the shower gel and kept the conditioner if they are trying to cut costs. The floor in the lovely walk-in shower did not slope toward the drain so there was still an inch of water in the shower in the morning from the night before.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not opposite a noisy night club if you go to bed before midnight.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank 4teirah
Geneva
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The hotel gives you a feel of the sixties, like a few other hotels in Beirut do. Yet if you choose to stay on one of the newly renovated floors, you will get state-of-the-art rooms with nice bathrooms. Service is good too. The breakfast room gives a rather sad picture, however, and the buffet is disappointing and lacks variety. That being said, the location is good, in a lively area of Hamra, close to many restaurants and in front of a number of good pubs which serve you a cool fresh draft.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Weltenbummler2007
Khartoum
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This was my fifth visit to Beirut, in which four times i stayed at the Cavalier hotel, by the way, there are many hotels in this area the Hamra which is the central of Beirut but still i prefer this hotel and i recommend it to all my friends visiting Beirut. The most important reason beside the location is the cheerfulness and helpfulness of all the staff and the very quick response to any enquiery or service wanted from any of them . Room rates are ok. Rooms and bathrooms are very clean but still i insist there must be water sprayers in or beside the toilet seats. The TV channels choices must be revised as they are far away beyond any guest needs. At the end many thanks to all the staff who really made my accommodation very easy and comfort.

Room Tip: All rooms are ok but i recommend the third floor rooms even if they are more expencive.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank sudantraveler
hotelcavalier, Manager at Cavalier Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank you very much for having taken the time to review our hotel.

We are delighted to learn that you found our service excellent and our staff extremely attentive and friendly. As well, that you found our rooms clean and well equipped .

Concerning the water sprayers in or beside the toilet seats , We will try to install some , but ususaly when you have Bidet in all toilets , it's not very important to have it. And we will take into concideration the TV Chanels .

It is indeed a privilege for us that you stayed with us 4 Times and looking forward to welcomes you every time you come to Beirut as a dear guest

With best Regards
London
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Beirut is not a cheap destination (although it may become cheaper if the troubles within the country continue) but this hotel is very good value for the price. I booked to stay here for a week with my husband and we had a great time. The service was wonderful - especially the waiter from the restaurant though sadly I did not get his name. They were more than happy to bring a corkscrew or an empty glass if I wanted to drink wine I had bought elsewhere (Lebanon has some wonderful wine!). It was very helpful to have free internet, something that can be frustratingly expensive in some of the higher priced hotels, though it is slow (but this seems to be common in Beirut). I have also read a number of reviews that the hotel is happy to upgrade people where they have availability. Sadly this did not happen to us but although I am slightly jealous, I can't complain about the room, we went for the executive room (2nd cheapest). The wonderful housekeeping staff kept the place immaculate and It had everything we needed, a good shower, kettle, Balcony, TV, hairdryer, (for ladies, it has shampoo, shower gel and body lotion but NO conditioner, so make sure you take your own if needed). The reception also does not have English plug converters (I forgot mine) so remember to take one. I thought the breakfast was also great - but how can you complain about being able to eat chocolate pancakes in the morning?! – also there were cereals, eggs, pastries, Lebanese options etc, juice, coffee. I have seen some people moan that breakfast was the same every day. All I have to say is that they are good enough to put out a great deal of options every day and you don't have to eat it all!! Try choosing different things on different days! Finally, my favourite thing about the hotel was the location. I like to feel like I have visited a city. To explain, if you want pools, spas, more expensive restaurants and a view of the ocean, go to the Rotana or some of the places by the corniche to get the five star experience, though be prepared to pay at least double for it. I was not interested in this, (perhaps because I live in Dubai so it's all too familiar, but then I never really was when I lived in England!) What I was looking for was a good, reasonably priced hotel with breakfast, wifi and a fridge in a great location within the city so that I could walk everywhere and feel like I had been amongst it - this is exactly what I got, hence the five stars in my review. If I return, I will stay again and would recommend. - Also get out and about if you have long enough - If you need tours I can recommend Hussein Abdallah at Lebanon Tours lebanon.tours@yahoo.com (see other review). I hope you enjoy Lebanon as much as I did.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wise1London
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this nice review on Trip Advisor for your recent stay with us at Cavalier Hotel.

I was so pleased to learn that you had a great experience and that you found our staff friendly and helpful.

I am happy to know that you found our location great, hotel quiet and beds comfortable and Good value for Money.

I do look forward to welcoming you back once again.

With Best Regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Firstly, I should say that we were upgraded on arrival to a suite so this review is based on that, rather than on the standard room for which we paid. That aside, we had a really pleasant stay. The hotel has been recently and extensively refurbished and was spotless. The bed was extraordinarily comfortable, the bedding crisp and white. And the walk in shower was a real luxury.

Location is very good - right in the middle of Hamra (which is one of the 2/3 neighbourhoods in Beirut where a tourist would want to be based) and a short taxi ride from other areas of interest.

There were minor grumbles but so minor as to be not worth mentioning given the money we paid - of 3 hotels we visitied in Lebanon, this was the best value.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank msps9tds
hotelcavalier, Manager at Cavalier Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for having taken the time to review our hotel.

We were so pleased to upgrade you to the suite during your stay with us, and It is indeed a privilege for us that you consider our Hotel best for quality, Location and value for money between 3 Hotels that you visited in Lebanon .

Looking forward to Welcomes you again at Hotel Cavalier as a dear guest.

With Best regards
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I had a spaceous one bedroom suite for the price of a regular room in the big name hotels. The hotel was clean and looked newly refurbished. Friendly and helpful staff. Nice breakfast buffet. Located in Hamra area, which is the old city center. Plenty of shops and cafes around.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
hotelcavalier, Manager at Cavalier Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am happy to know that you found our location great, hotel quiet and Breakfast is good.

I do look forward to welcoming you back once again.

With Best Regards