Cavalier Hotel
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewshamra streethotel arranged a cargreat hotelyogurtexecutive roomhotel is cleanbed was comfortablebig balconyexcellent locationbreakfast was excellentmodern furnitureperfect stayel hamraconvenient locationwalking distancevisiting beirutstayed for nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 7, 2011

My husband and I spent three nights here on vacation and found the accommodation, location and service all to be excellent. Our room was quiet, clean and comfortable, the breakfast was superb, and the service was outstanding. Close to shops and restaurants, including the very popular Barbar restaurants which are down a nearby side street. Overall, highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
hotelcavalier, Manager at Cavalier Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2011

Dear MM.

Thank you for have chosen Hotel Cavalier as your choice of Accommodation in Beirut.
I would also like to thank you for taking the time to fill out the customer feedback and Your positive comments.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Looking forward for your future visit.

Best wishes

Reviewed December 2, 2011

This hotel is in an excellent location. Close to Hamra street where all the hustle and bustle is. Plenty of restaurants and shopping in the area. What impressed me most about this hotel was the friendly and service oriented staff. They aim to please and please us they did. We had two adjoining rooms. The rooms were quite comfortable. Except for the first night when we didn't operate the A/C correctly, we slept very well. It was clearly operator error and not a malfunction of the air conditioning. After the first night, the room stayed cool. Our stay was for 8 nights in the middle of July, 2011, so a cool room was important to us. Breakfast was great and again staff was always at the ready to serve. I would not hesitate to stay at the Cavalier again the next time we make our way to Beirut.

Room Tip: The higher the better as the Lebanese like to honk their horns.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Modern, clean and well maintained rooms (I chose th executive room). Confoi beds and noise insulation is quite good (the hotel is located near a very busy road). Helpfull staff and a better than expected breakfast (fruit, yoghurt, cakes, pancakes and more)

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 22, 2011

A late booking for a short business trip, only a one night stay. Made to feel very welcome on arrival, friendly and helpful staff explained hotel ammenities, location, offered advice for local restaurants and enquired if I needed any assistance to get to the airport the following day.

My room had twin beds, was a reasonable size, modern furniture and very clean, with a decent bathroom and fluffy towels, nice comfy bed, my only comment is that the walls are a little thin could hear the TV next door. Good working WIFI throughout the hotel. Small bar in the lobby with comfy sofas, just right for relaxing drink after business meetings or shopping on Hamra.

Breakfast was buffet style, with a good selection of fresh cakes, pastries, crosissants, hot food was also available, which I didn't try.

A good value hotel in a central location.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MichiBerkshire
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Generally the hotel is not bad, and this is my review:
1) The housekeeping did not clean the bathrooms well, we always had to ask them to re-clean the bathroom. And most of the times they did not even come back to clean it.
2) The air conditioning is central, so the hotel management decides whether the AC will work on cool or warm. When we arrived it was on cool (during November!), and we asked them to turn it to warm, however, it took them 24 hours to do so. The room was cold, and I had my little daughter with me.
3) 2 days of the 5 days that we stayed there, our room smelled like the sewage, and the hotel could not find out why.
4) The internet (WiFi) is not for free, you have to pay either $4 per hour, or $10 per 24 hours. And you can only use one device on it, so if you have an iPad and an iPhone, you have to choose one them to access the internet with.
5) The breakfast is boring.
6) We think that we paid about 20% more than what we should have paid, in comparison to the facilities and the service we got. So it's not value for money.
7) The location is excellent if you like to stay in Al-Hamra area.
8) The employees are friendly.
9) The executive rooms are nice and well-equipped.
10) The lobby is small and always has bunch of people smoking, so it always smelled like smoke (try to walk fast when passing through it, if you hate the smell of smoke :-) ).

Room Tip: I would recommend an executive room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family