“Excellent !”
Review of Plaza Hotel

Plaza Hotel
Ranked #62 of 114 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I had a wonderful stay at the Plaza Hotel,close to good restaurants,pubs and shops...the staff were greatly helpful and the room was comfortable and clean...I would Definately come and stay here and I highly recommend to anyone visiting Beirut ...

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Petroza

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed in this hotel during the last week of June. The hotel is situated in the most happening Hamra street of Beirut. Hence finding a parking place for your car is really difficult. Hotel looks small from outside, but meeting almost all pre requisites of a 3 star property. The reception and front desk staff were polite and really helpful. The breakfast was just average (dont worry, there are several outlets serving breakfast near to the hotel). Rooms were clean; Toiletries provided were really good. It is the best place to stay in Beirut in your budget, if you are looking to explore the busiest streets of beiut down town.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Hari1234
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This hotel is on Al Hamra Street, Beirut's most famous.
Relative to its position and services, it is very cheap (price cheap I mean).
Compared to other hotels nearby at close price, this is way better.
The hotel is neat, clean, friendly, and calm.
Staff extremely helpful and cleaning is superb.
One issue I suffered from though, it is the noisy central air conditioning and the fact that the AC turns off every time there power resets.
So if power rests during night time, you will be suffering sweating all night :)
Else, everything is great.
The pillows are heavenly, the bed is comfy but not perfect though.
Breakfast is delicious, offering variety. But the ingredients never change. So it is not that everyday they have a different menu. Breakfast will be the same all through your stay.
There is a nearby chargeable parking, but you can always use the park meters after 7pm for free.

Final advice, go for it. It is the best at this price.

Room Tip: - Book online, you will get 1 hour of free internet a day :)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NaderH
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel before in the fall of 2011. When I visit Beirut again, I'll probably stay at the Plaza again. Just an overall good experience.

They were accommodating at the front desk. Mohamed and Abed (he remembered me from my previous visit there) were particularly helpful. There was a woman there too, but she seems to have limited English and as a result was not as helpful. Mohamed assisted us in booking a day trip to the Grotto and Byblos. They also booked our transportation to the airport ... in addition to recommending restaurants and shopping in the neighborhood.

The breakfast is just enough to get the day started. The beds were comfortable. The shower was relaxing.

The Internet is a problem in general in Beirut. So this is not a problem that the hotel can adress on a larger scale. The hotel does offer one complementary hour of Internet access per day. But the system is so cumbersome to both log in to and log out of.

I wish that they had a small workout room.

Room Tip: We had a non-smoking floor (6) and the view was on the side street as opposed to Hamra Street. I hav...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank kim-ohradiogirl
Reviewed May 4, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank Alex C
Reviewed March 18, 2013

All was 3 rating until when I was rushing in the early morning to the airport. I was hit with 3 phony charges. Attempted to charge me for 15 phone calls that there was no answer. So do not left up the phone. Charge for internet that I bought for 1 hr but showed up 7 minuts remaimg as soon as I logged in. So, $25 I paid unjustly. Finally they wanted to charge me for a choclate bar and peanut bag which I did not know that they existed in the mini bar. This I did not pay and I was ready for confrontation because this is not a set of rules that you cannot argue. This was some thing to do with my knowledeg and act and therefore I will not pay for some thing I did not consume even if I have to miss my flight. Speaking the local language helped because I have seen these grapes before.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in March. Booking for 1 night very spontaneous, 82$ (weekend!). Reception was very nice and friendly. Upgrade to Executive Suite. very spacious and clean. breakfast was included but I preferred to sleep out.
Location is great, just off Hamra Street.
Second night was booked on the spot for same price, but was normal room. Was still ok in size. Everyone who complains about it being noisy: YOU ARE IN HAMRA DISTRICT. This is noisy. Lebanese car drivers like to horn. And yes, if you book a taxi via the hotel it's gonna be somewhat more expensive, as this is also a private company (and those drivers tend to drive more European, if you prefer that) but do you expect anything else in another country without metered fare? (First time I went to Beirut being a greenhorn I paid 40USD from airport to Hamra. Double of what would be a fair price.)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo