“Nice Hotel”
Review of Bella Riva

Bella Riva
Ranked #54 of 116 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I stayed once again at the Bella Riva and i was surprised to see that i was upgraded into an executive suite.
the room was spacious, clean and teddy.
bed the way i like it warm...
Toilet clean
the sitting section with it's kitchenette were spacious and i felt simply like at home.
location of the hotel is a block from the sea side Cornish and a walking distance from the commercial district of Hamra.
i would surely recommend it again and again..

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
hadiakl, General Manager at Bella Riva, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Sir,

It's a delightful thing for us to read your comments, it's always a pleasure to have among us.

Awaiting to see you once again, and we hope that we will always remain up to your expectations.

Kind Regards,

Hadi Akl

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed for one night only while travelling through Beirut. The hotel is well situated for visiting the shopping areas or the restaurants along the seafront. The hotel is clean and relatively simple, and offers good service with helpful satff in the reception. Their English and French (and Arabic, of course) was very good. Free wi-fi in lobby area. My room was in L-shape with no suitcase stand. The drawback for me was that the water in the shower felt like desalinated seawater, meaning that the soap was reluctant to foam. This may be niggling... the price for an overnight stay is quite reasonable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Stranats

Dear Mr. Roar,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

It's nice to hear that you have enjoyed our location, and our free internet access which is now offered for free in the entire hotel.

We are sorry that you have faced a couple of setbacks in the room, we do usually provide a luggage suitcase that is normally placed in the wardrobe probably but we will definitely follow up on this issue so it will not be misplaced again.

Regarding the water, it is filtered by our RO system and monitored on a regular basis of course. I understand that the quality might vary in rare cases, I'm sorry you had to pass through that.

Hope to see you again on your next passage to Beirut, and rest assured that your experience will be as you expect.

Kind Regards,

Hadi Akl

Reviewed July 31, 2011

Checking in/out was effortless. The staff at the front desk was exceptional! If I needed anything they were more than helpful (they even arranged for me to take a taxi to Jeita Grotto). The room was large and clean with great working a/c.
The cons: the toilet did not flush properly, the ceiling started to leak water our last night, and the sliding door didn't lock. However, these cons didn't detract from my stay and I would go back. The rooms were quiet, the bed was comfy, and the location was PERFECT! The neighborhood looked shabby but I didn't feel like it was unsafe at any point in my stay.
I paid 95USD per night (room 404) on booking.com and it included a very basic Lebanese type breakfast that lasted fairly late.
Tip: ask for a higher floor so you don't hear the road noise (cars frequently use their horns). I would return to that hotel on my next visit.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank dxbwxgirl
Reviewed April 22, 2011

I booked this hotel as it was suggested by a friend who went there
The location cannot be better as it is near the sea and in a nice quiet street
The corniche,Hamra street are all within walking distance
Lots of different restaurents and cafes near by which makes choosing difficult

The enterance and lobby looks very nice and the front desk staff were so nice especially Ameena and Nariman, they were so attentive and polite
Checking in took no time

I had a standard single room and it was basic but comfortable.
The light in the room was to my taste
The minibar was well stocked too
The bathroom clean and yet basic

As for breakfast....well the spread was basic and it was Lebanese simple breakfast which i found healthy and good
For a good value for money hotel in Beirut for a few days stay i strongly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank doctoranees
Reviewed November 23, 2010

i just arrived from lebanon and my heart still there special at the "Bella riva suite hotel" where i felt home. the staff was so helpful even when i was over demanding, i just had to click on 0 and here they are, passion with the friendly smile, ready to assist and solve problems, Since i was staying for 1 week they offered me a suite: very large room, the furniture is a litle bit old but very clean the housekeeping surepvisor was checking all the time to assure that our towels are switched to a clean's one, the breakfast was great it is mixed: there is cornflaks, 3 sorts of cheese varieties of jam, Ham, croissant all types, "manafish' ' and 'Fool" that i am still feeling their taste
i recommend all travels with high or low budget to try this nice hotel

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scarlettemaria
Reviewed November 17, 2010

I've stayed at the Bella Riva during many times! and i always felt like at home.
the staff were friendly! and had the chance to meet Ramona & Jean Claude (the top managers) and were very helpful and assisted me especially that i stayed for 2 weeks in Beirut.
i was part of the Bear Arabia Group - an event hosted by Bertho Makso from LebTour.

the room was spacious and clean! and we even had a complimentary upgrade to a junior suite, as a part of our package.
Breakfast was Lebanese and ok!
location of the hotel is perfect, and in a calm street - so no noisy cars and we were able to sleep!

i would definitely propose this hotel to my friends going to Beirut...

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank MEAtraveller2010
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Our bookings were made and confirmed 6 months prior to travel date . Upon arrival no bookings available - we had to wait for 3 hours before my executive suite was available . The suite did not look at all like what is displayed on the web site. - very very basic and cleaning of rooms is non existant - housekeeping refused to give extra towels ...had to insist to get a towel for my kid. Front desk officers are not pleasant and no sign of management supervison or presence.
Credit card machine does not work , very poor breakfast, nothing for kids, no cornflakes or cake - charged 7000 Lebanese pounds just to bring me 2 tea bags!!! to my room - I boilded my own water -- and on top of all a lot of men partying with companions........till 4 in the morrning ...so a lot of noise on floors and in rooms, TV volume extra loud. Hotel does not have a security officer - so front desk officer was too afraid to knock on door and ask people to stop making noise and respect others- I refused to pay the last night because of the hooligan staying in neighbouring room - hotel accepted to pickup extras as compensation.... very bad experience.....but Beirut was great ! Solidere fantastic and the food fabulous. A lot to see and do -

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family