“Bright respite”

Ranked #40 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
Beirut, Lebanon
“Bright respite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

After an arduous "bus ride" from Jounieh, Casa D'or was an oasis from the heat and dusty road. The location was terrific. I tried to find a place in Gemmayze and settled for Hamra but was very glad in the end. The hotel is in the middle of restaurants, bars, a cinema, the American University campus and a short pleasant walk to the cornnich. I was upgraded and allowed to check out late. Rima, at the front desk gave me useful suggestions re: good places to visit, restaurants… My room (a jr suite) was spacious, well lit and was cooled with an AC system that did NOT sound like a lawn mower. Fruit and water awaited. Wifi worked and was complimentary with my room. I would definately recommend the Casa D'or!

Room Tip: Jr. Suite was spacious except for small bathroom.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
casadorhotel, General Manager at Casa D'or Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Endigner.

Thank you for taking the time to post on our Trip advisor page.

we were delighted to receive your review and to hear about all the things you enjoyed during your stay with us. The team is committed to working hard to satisfy the needs of every guest and knowing that you were satisfied which is of great encouragement to us.

we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Marwan Mahmoud

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Turkish first
Amman, Jordan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

I always stay at this hotel whenever i'm in Beirut. Service is excellent and staff are very friendly. The location of the hotel is very convenient and the quality for money is just perfect. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a decent hotel to stay in for sleep and breakfast and travelling around beirut all day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 3amid
Dear 3amid,

We would like to thank you for choosing our Hotel during your recent stay in Beirut,
We were glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us & Look forward to be of service again to you in near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

This trip to Beirut was first trip to me I booked in first time in other hotel but I found it not suitable then I thoughtt to search to other hotel then I found Gasa Do,r hotel then I find this hotel very good in every thing calm, clean and very good reception and staff

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Casa D’ or Hotel Beirut. We were very happy to have welcomed you back on your second stay with us, and we are pleased that we got you right again!

We hope to have the chance to give you a great welcome on your coming visit to Beirut!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

My stay at Casa D'or was for a 3 day business trip, the staff was quite helpful from day one and very hospitable. We were staying in the renovated rooms, which were quite spacious, clean and catered to all the needs.

The location of the hotel was perfect, very close to Al Hamra.

Overall it was a great value of money and if I ever go to Lebanon again, I won't even bother looking for a place to stay unless the hotel was fully booked.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Ahmed,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our trip advisor page; we are truly delighted that you have enjoyed your stay at our renovated deluxe rooms, these rooms were designed to meet your utmost comfort and convenience, and definitely we will be glad to welcome you again in our hotel,

We hope to have the chance to give a great welcome on your coming visit to Beirut,

Amman, Jordan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Very old .. hardly decent service. Location is the only good thing about it as it is located in Hamra Street. Bathrooms are so tiny and I couldn't even fit in the bathtub ! Price offered is waaaay too high for such quality. I wouldn't recommend the hotel to anyone even if they are price oriented

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ali_Suleiman
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time for positing your feedback on our trip advisor page, and we regret that you didn’t enjoy your stay.

However, we hope that you would come and visit us again and try our newly renovated deluxe and superior Rooms that meet the high standards category.

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I found this hotel via TripAdvisor, on my first trip to Lebanon, I stayed here with my Mum for 9 nights (23rd of Dec 2013 to the 1st of Jan 2014) we received a very warm greeting by the reception staff and throughout our stay they were always helpful, good for family and friends. I really loved this hotel,
The Location is great as everything is close to it. Just a 1 minute walk from Hamra street. which is a very commercial part of the city with lots of cafes, restaurants, pubs and famous shops H&M, and very near to Raousha the seaside of Beirut
The staff very helpful and professional and they know well customer satisfaction, I never thought that such service still exist in Beirut

Easy stay! Would live there if I could afford it!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank HanyNosshyIskander
casadorhotel, Manager at Casa D'or Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Hany,

Thank you for taking the time to post on our Trip advisor page.

I was delighted to receive your review and to hear about all the things you enjoyed during your stay with us. The team is committed to working hard to satisfy the needs of every guest and knowing that you were satisfied which is of great encouragement to us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Casa D’ or, Beirut in the very near future.

Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stopped in the hotel for 3 nights with my mum, the staff was excellent and very attentive. The Location is great as it's only few steps away from the Hamra which is a very commercial part of the city with lots of cafes, restaurants, pubs and shops.

The room was spacious, clean and all facilities are there, we even had a kitchenette. The breakfast is varied and offer a typical delicious Lebanese food and taste. we had enjoyed our stay and if we were to go back we'll be definitely revisiting the Casa D'or again. Thanks guys as you made our holiday a great memory to remember.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family