“Secure, simple and safe in Hamra”
Review of Casa D'or Hotel

Casa D'or Hotel
Ranked #43 of 116 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed December 21, 2012

The hotel is not fancy, but safe, comfortable, and an excellent continental breakfast. In the middle of Hamra, it is convenient to many things. Rooms are adequate with a small kitchenette, desk, and bath. A safe is provided in each room. The front desk staff are alert and helpful. Internet available for a nominal fee. Laundry services available.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank jmdevries
There are newer reviews for Casa D'or Hotel

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have been staying at the Casa d'Or for the past several years, and continue to return there, knowing that it is a comfortable hotel in a convenient location in downtown Beirut. Rooms are quite modern and comfortable, breakfast is a wide-ranging buffet, and staff are extremely friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Peter6868
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed at the Casa D'or for 10 days while I was looking for an apartment in Beirut. The staff were very friendly and gave me a map and took the time to explain all the different areas of the city for me, to help my house-hunt.

The room was very comfortable, with en-suite and small kitchenette. I never really used the kitchenette and found it was a little dark and damp in general. There were no utensils/cutlery but I'm sure if I asked they would have been provided. I stayed on the second floor and found it was a little dark in general. If you're staying here try to get a higher room. The location is great, Hamra is a very vibrant place and great tourist feast in terms of the lights, colours, noises etc. This hotel's building/decoration is very solid/nice in comparison to other hotels in Hamra and it stands out particularly as an older/elegant interior in amongst the heavily urbanised or new trendy outlets in Hamra.

I would recommend this to anyone who can stomach launching out onto a very busy road from a seemingly tranquil place... personally I like to feel some sort of transition from 'tranquil' to 'almost chaos', but I've found that's the essence and beauty of Beirut!

Room Tip: Higher floors have more sunlight and less street noise!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel and nice people
I was there for the third time
It is keeps the same quality and friendly
Hope everything would be stable now on Lebanon so torism comes back as usual
Also if you can put some complementary water on the room would be very good specially that some times arriving late at the hotel would not help gust to get needed water

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Casa D'or for four days in March and had a wonderful stay.

Location:
Fantastic location. The Casa D'or is in the middle of everything. My family and I especially loved to walk down the hill to Bliss St. to eat and people watch. The Casa D'or is close to restaurants, shops, money exchangers. Easy to hail a taxi from in front of the hotel. Very accessible location.

Service:
Service was wonderful. The staff friendly, attentive, and helpful.

The room: We requested a family style room (We traveled with two young children) and the room met our needs perfectly. Often time when we travel as a family and stay in a traditional hotel room, we often feel as if we are on top of one another. With the Casa D'or Family style room, our children had plenty of room and my wife and I felt like we had plenty of room. The room was clean and the bed was big and comfortable. The room faced the street, therefore we had to contend with some street noise from time to time (Honking car horns at night or during traffic), but overall, the noise was not that bed.

Food:
My only complaint was the breakfast. Although the variety of food was not bad, the quality could have been better. At night, there is a nice cosy bar/lounge area with a variety of beverages and snacks.

My family and I enjoyed our stay at the Casa D'or and we would stay there again. We have recommended to many people who were traveling to Beirut.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Clean, comfortable, all staff very helpful and professional, great breakfast, good dining, excellent location. Everything that is supposed to work - works and works well. Very accomodating. Easy stay! Would live there if I could afford it!

Room Tip: Both single and double rooms are comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank ejs28970
Reviewed September 24, 2012

warm, friendly staff, nice suites and rooms especially their kitchens . I loved their breakfast buffet. But I think their prices are a bit high. last thing to mention they have a fantastic location.
It is at the heart of Hamra area which is very famous for it's shops and cafe and very near to Raousha the seaside of Beirut

Room Tip: If your getting a suit my advice is to take a junior suits cheaper than the suit and you get the sam...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family