“needs to go the extra mile”

Prune French Bistro
Ranked #137 of 869 Restaurants in Beirut
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2014

let me start by saying that the waiter was very friendly although the service was a bit slow or where we had to mention or to ask for this and that. it was full house. I personally ordered a sharing salad de chevre (goat cheese) and it lacked dressing, the portion was very good but we had to order extra sauce (ok for the salad). I ordered as main the steak which was quite tasty and good quality I enjoyed it :). the waiter insisted to offer on the house a very tasty pain perdu as an apology for the slow service. I barely mentioned that the service was slow since the waiter was so friendly. I was going to rate this place as average but honestly I was positively impressed by their way of keeping a customer happy :) so I will come back

1  Thank Samer N

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I really enjoyed my visit to Prune Bistro! Excellent food in a beautiful setting some creative dishes with a wine list well curated and a very welcoming staff. The fresh crab salad is a must and the "Pain Retrouvé" is to die for do not miss it! I will certainly come back

1  Thank Nanou666
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Stumbled upon this gem by accident but thrilled that we did! Steak frites was remarkable, and my mother (a true French food snob) loved their poulet aux prunes as well as their pain retrouvée.
Service was excellent.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Prune is a perfect illustration of the french bistro in beirut: cosy, classy and serving great food. The service is attentive, prompt and the ambiance is great. I highly recommend prune, it serves a wide choice in their menu, fresh salads esp crab salad, main course and most important they have extremely delicious deserts in which case il tried the pain retrouve. At the end, great value for money. Try it and u Will Never regret .

Reviewed June 17, 2014

This restaurant was originally a garage to check cars and change their oil. It was beautifully redecorated in a way that blew my mind because they changed the small room where the mechanic goes under the car into a wine cellar, smart idea. As for food, they have a wonderful crab salad, real crab, not surimi, they have fantastic foie gras de canard with their famous chutney au prunes, a very nice entree called cocotte d'oeufs au huile de truffes. As for desert, I would advise le pain retrouve, along with a nice espresso. Definetly one of my favorite places in Beirut. It's preferable to call and reserve before coming.

2  Thank Ronald Z