“nice atmosphere”

Prune French Bistro
Ranked #130 of 803 Restaurants in Beirut
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“nice atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

nice atmosphere, menu is a typical french brasserie, nothing more than normal. Safe bet for a dinner between friends or family/

• Visited April 2014

“No high hopes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

The place is nice and warm, lovely decoration, small enough to look packed even if there's five ppl.. which gives it some charme. The food is average and ok.. dont expect a michelin, in fact they dont claim that. But since the place is being a buzz nowadays, ppl are having high expectations and are being disappointed.. other than that i can say i became a loyal customer

Beirut
“never again.....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

First time I was invited, the food was terrible, and the service really bad. The host apologized for inviting us to such a place! More recently I was invited by a different person...so hopeful for a better time off we went. Nothing changed. The steak tastes as if it has been in the freezer for months, sauces seem to be made from stock cubes and copious amounts of cornflour and portions very skimpy. Salad a joke, and the scallops were in short supply, hide and seek maybe... Pain perdu tasteless..etc.etc. Nobody was happy with their meal.The waiters were completely indifferent, we felt as if we were intruding on their time. All in all a very bad experience... not worth half the price. Actually, I can,t imagine anyone wanting to return...none of us will.

Visited January 2014
5 Thank Skinnybeans
“Looks inviting but its NOT”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I had read a review about Prune on the internet, which stated that this was a top bistro to try. So I did unfortunately. On some levels it was tempting but the experience was a big let down. Food quality is less than average and flavor is bland. The steak frites was greasy, the sauce tasted of cornflour and artificial flavors. I had a salad to start which was ok. On the positive note it was not expensive. About 50 dollars each but considering what i ate it was not cheap either. I would go back for a salad and a glass of wine with a friend maximum but nothing special. not for lunch or dinner.

1 Thank TatianasTips
“I enjoyed every bite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

My friends invited me for lunch on Sunday , we ordered the days special , the food , sweet & wine was excellent , and I am planning to go there often

• Visited February 2014