“Nice Location, Easy Walking Distance Everywhere”

Warwick Palm Beach Hotel
Ranked #43 of 113 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This lovely hotel is located opposite the sea and is within easy walking distance of the City Center and points west. The staff was very kind and the pool, while small, is a nice place to spend a lazy afternoon. Beware of taxi drivers outside who inflate prices, ask the bellhop to help you negotiate.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have stayed at the Palm Beach Hotel in Beirut on occasion over the past ten years. There is little dount that this hotel, which was very trendy twenty years ago, is a bit faded, but the price of the rooms is excellent, the location in Ein Mreissie is highly desirable, and there are many overpriced luxury hotels in the general vicinity. Basically, the bathrooms of the Palm Beach have been upgraded and are fine. The rooms are a tiny bit threadbare, but are perfectly comfortable and, for the price, an excellent deal. The hotel had free internet, which was fine, and I had breakfast included, which was excellent. The breakfast was varied, catering to both Middle Eastern and western tastes, and was plentiful. The reception upon check in was friendly and cooperative. I subsequently had a problem with the wireless internet and the reception folks were patient and helpful. There is only one restaurant (at least prior to the summer season) in the hotel and this is an Indian restaurant called "Hindi". The food is quite good and the service was prompt and efficient. This is a relatively small hotel, but still good value. It was worth noting that quite a few European business people were staying there, as it is low key, efficient, and good value. This is not a hotel where one spends a great deal of time, as there is not much to do in the building, but it is not supposed to be an all inclusive entertainment center. My one quibble with the staff was that, when I requested a late check-out (around 3:00 PM), I was told then the hotel needed the room immediately and I could only have until 1:00 PM. I told them that they could bring my bag down and store it. When I returned at 3:30 PM, they had to go up to the room to retrieve the bag, meaning that the song and dance about needing the room was more than a bit exaggerated. I had not made a fuss about it, however, and the hotel was more than adequate. In fact, I would give it 3.5 stars, not 3.

Room Tip: I had a room with a sea view, which is nice and quieter than the city side.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Good service but not the best !
[ Tjcamc : Fairly decent breakfast reasonable decor, clean rooms. Quiet when we went rooftop pool closed. Only down side was plastic sheet on the bed! Slept well though and the service was fine. Mini bar nice only one free water . ] exactly right !

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 21, 2012

The hotel is located right on the waterfront, just separated from it by a main road. Downtown Beirut and the beautiful Beirut Marina are a quick walk away. Had a ocean view room on the upper floor, which was very spacious and well equipped. There is a rooftop bar and pool which was closed as it was December. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet is quite good. Hot and cold items featuring something for every taste. An Indian restaurant is on site though I can't judge the quality as I didn't eat there. Overall this is a good hotel but could use some modernisation. I stayed 3 nights, would probably return.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2012

this hotel has very nice location but you cant have any privacy at this hotel ... after i stayed in this hotel some one called to ask if i was there they gave him all the details about my stay.

I am sure i will not do it again and go there

Room Tip: I dont advise at all
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank tarabeesh
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 10 days in Aug 2012. It is true that the hotel seemed a little older and run-down; but that sort of stuff does not bother me. I do wish they would have picked up the paint drop cloths every night instead of leave them on the ground.

The room was fine, and despite being on the second floor, I did not have any problem with noise from the streets and slept easily. Cleanliness was not an issue, and every day my room and bathroom was fully restocked with soaps and lotions and sometimes I even got a few chocolates on my pillow.

Breakfast was a huge buffet of many options, though it was the same options the entire 10 days I was there. The last two days I just didn't care for the breakfast buffet much because I was so tired of the food.

The two best things about this hotel are the location, pretty central to both east and west Beirut, as well as close to the water-front. I appreciated its central location I set out equally in both directions to explore. The second great thing was the pool on the roof (though they do close it at 6pm). I loved taking advantage of some rest with a view, a cocktail and a cigarette on days that I returned from exploring the country before 6pm.

The front desk didn't seem very helpful, but that might be a Lebanese culture thing. I couldn't figure that out.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo