“Not satisfied”
Review of Napoleon Hotel

Napoleon Hotel
Ranked #100 of 117 Hotels in Beirut

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Arabic first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 9, 2013

After checking in with the friendly receptionist, we were taken to our room. Upon entering we were really disappointed. The room appeared old, musky and the bathroom wasnt 100% clean. The room was MASSIVE and the bed was lovely and clean. The following morning we asked for a possible upgrade as we were sure we'd booked a better room than that. The staff were only to happy to help. We were upgraded that day to the ROYAL SUITE on the 7th floor. This was more like it! Fantastic room, big, spacious, large mirrored cuboard, huge bathroom with seperate bath and shower, 2 toilets, large balcony. There were a few faults to this room suchas the corridor smelling of ciggarettes, causing the room to be a bit smelly at times (coming through the aircon), loud pipes banging in the night, warm/cold water (had to turn shower on 5mins before using it to get hot water). We stayed here for 8 nights all up. We were disappointed that we only got 1hr of free wifi for our entire stay and had to pay $12USD for 24hrs if we wanted more. The valet parking was great and location was FANTASTIC! only a 2min walk to the famous Hamra street. There is a supermarket, pharmacy, coffee shops, snacks shop, all within a min or 2 walk from the hotels door step.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cairo
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This hotel is an average hotel. It has a good location though so you are minutes away from downtown Beirut. The room service sucks and the staff is somewhat rude. I traveled with my husband a year ago and they weren't helpful at all. It is clean and the rooms get cleaned everyday. Its a bit old but I didnt mind it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laila A
London
Reviewed February 22, 2013

No room service between 11pm and 6.30am, the room and bathroom r dirty and very old, all the wall all crack, two days out of the 6, could not have shower because of dirty feeling.
I think I have been cheating by the web site that put a very old and nice pictures for the hotel, and on top of that, give the hotel 4stars, and the hotel is well know for hookers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Travelers are raving about these Beirut hotels

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The hotel is simple, but very clean, confortable bed, close to a nice street full of shops, restaurants...
I had one funny varanda which looks like a old construction, but was ok.
bathroom is nice, clean. everything in order. I spend 2 nights there and it was good.
It's just far frow downtown, the places full of bars and night life, but you just take a taxi at night and get there in few minutes.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This Hotel is terrible, I stayed here last year with my wife and young children and had a horrible experience. The fact they've deleted my review which tripadvisor notified me about has really struck a nerve. Don't expect room service, at least not polite room service. Part of the balcony wall was nearly falling off the building. Mouse/rat dropping under the beds and toilets that didn't flush. If that isn't enough to put you off then you're a fool paying $180 p/night..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jason M
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Although my room was decent and I had a better experience room-wise at the Mayflower opposite this hotel, I have to admit that my room now was also ok. Bit of an old bathroom, but all in all passable. Good bed and decent breakfast! No wifi though, and in a city where you can get wifi at almost every bar or restaurant, that is a big minus.
A small event for my guests was managed well, though... I could use the bar and was given glasses, although I only ordered a bottle of still water and served my clients different kinds of Araq... good!
And the fact I could leave my luggage for an extra day with the hotel was also good service!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business