“Good location, spacious rooms, friendly staff”
Review of Markazia Suites

Markazia Suites
Ranked #31 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Good location, spacious rooms, friendly staff”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Located at the edge of the downtown area of Beirut, the Monroe suites are within walking distance of major attractions such as the mosque and the souks as well as very close to a huge amount of restaurants.
Guest rooms are very spacious - there is a sitting room area, a small dining table and a small kitchenette area which has a two hob stove and microwave. There is no cutlery or kitchenware so if you really wanted to use the kitchen you would need to bring in your own utensils.
There is plenty of wardrobe space and the bed is large and comfortable. I slept really well here - especially as you can open the windows for fresh air and they have blackout curtains as well.

The bathroom is small but the water pressure and heat from the shower is a lot better than I have expereinced in other hotels. There is also a "proper" hairdryer as opposed to the low speed vaccuum hose hair dryers which is typically found.

My room was very clean. I did however change rooms after my first night as my first room was a smoking room and as such smelled very stale. It was also not in the best condition. Temperature of the room was always quite event and I did not have to play around with the AC as I usually need to in other hotels. Views are not great and it can get a little loud with the traffic in the morning so ask for a high level room if you are sensitive to noise. I generally felt very happy after the room switch however

Style of the hotel is quite old fashioned and a little ecclectic; there is a lounge area on the ground floor which is very richly decorated but I did not get the feeling that it was used that much
Breakfast is good - the days I was there the breakfast was served on an order basis - you could choose from american, lebanese etc. This was always freshly cooked. There was only a breakfast buffet on the last day of my visit - Friday and then this was charged. Not sure if this is the same for all weeks.
I had free internet connection, internet was ok but not the quickest - probably not any slower than elsewhere in Beirut however.

All in all I felt very welcomed at the hotel, I found the majority of staff were very customer oriented and friendly. I slept comfortably and was able to walk everywhere I needed to from there. I will be going back

Room Tip: non smoking rooms seem to be in better condition. Ask for a high floor if you are sensitive to traff...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights whilst visiting a friend in Beirut who also stayed at the hote with me. I booked the one bedroom suite which had a large living area, separate kitchenette and dining area. The rooms were extremely spacious and clean. The only problem in the kitchenette was there was no dishes or cutlery apart from 2 cups and teaspoons. I have since found out from other reviews that you could order these from downstairs but this wasn't made clear when I was staying. The staff were polite enough, but compared to how friendly and welcoming they are in Lebanon in general, I felt they could have made more of an effort with their guests. However, the location was superb and the hotel is literally a 2 minute walk from downtown. I will be back to Beirut in December for New Year and will most probably book in here again just for the location. I really hope the standard of room I get is the same, as I believe that not all of the rooms have been renovated throughout yet.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
mnaaman, Manager at Markazia Suites, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Mrs. Catherine M,

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. The Lebanese people are very hospitable and so is our staff, usually. We are sorry to hear that it wasn't the case with you. We assure you that we will look into this matter immediately.

Please let us know when you will be coming back and we will make sure that you have a great room and we hope to show you our Lebanese hospitality during your next visit.

We look forward to welcome you back in December.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have used this hotel twice in the past 3 months, each time staying for just over a week and I have been satisfied with the room and the service. The views aren't great (a road to the south and car park to the north).
The staff are attentive and friendly
the breakfast is a let down.

Room Tip: The junior Suites are large, liveable spaces but try to get a king size - they are slightly larger t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
mnaaman, Manager at Markazia Suites, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Myrddin1962,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. We appreciate your feedback and take our guests comments very seriously.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you again soon. As for the breakfast we would appreciate more details as to what your expectations were, in order to improve ourselves.

Rome, Italie
Reviewed June 8, 2013

In such a nice country with very nice people, this hotel is a BIG disapointment. An assistant bokked me there because it is super close from the office but really it is a joke. I dont see where they have found the 5 stars rating.. Room not even average, old, dark, view on the parking lot for all the room, AC arrives straight on the bed. a kitchen but NO refrigerator .. Internet connexion on 6 floor very bad and when you call the reception they tell you it is your laptop that you ahve to change. The serveice is very bad, you always feel like your are disturbing or, total opposite, the waiter for breakfast is almost on your knees after you say hello. Avoid that hotel if you can.

Room Tip: dont go there
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ELISE1969
Dear Mrs. Elise,

Thank you for your review. Regarding the your issue with your laptop, we recall the problem and it was that your laptop was not catching the signal of the Hotel WIFI. We tried to sort it out for you, but it just wasn't working. We have never had this problem before with any other laptop. In any case, we apologize for this inconvenience.

All our Suites have Kitchenettes, and Mini bars. The Mini bar is there for your convenience and can be used as a fridge.

Regarding the view on the parking lot, we are located in the center of downtown Beirut, walking distance from all offices, shopping, restaurants, & nightlife. This is simply our location and there's nothing we can do about that.

As for the friendly, eager waiter, we apologize if his aim to please disturbed you.

We are happy to welcome you again at Markazia Monroe Suites, if you chose to visit us again.

Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed here with my daughters for two days and enjoyed a lot. Rooms were good in size, clean and had a kitchen too. Every corner of the hotel is properly used and nicely decorated. Front desk staff was very attentive and check-in was very smooth, although we arrived early. Food we didn't tried much, but breakfast was delicious and looked fresh. No Gym or swimming pool. Overall it is a great hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mrs. Maci K,

Thank you for your lovely review and for taking the time to write it. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcome you again soon to Markazia Monroe Suites.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The location of the hotel could not be better. It is lettarly 2 minutes walk from Solidere.
The room was huge with old forniture, the room would definetely need a refurbishment.
The view for hte room was on a parking lot, not very nice.
The personnel was friendly and polite.

WI-fi was included due to a Corporate rate otherwise it is not.

Overall, everything would be great if this was a 3 stars hotel, unfortunately this is a 5 stars hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Althenyon
Dear Mr. Althenyon,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. We are happy to see that the Staff made your stay a pleasant one. We would like to inform you that WIFI is available for free throughout the Hotel to all our guests, not just corporate guests.

As for the furniture, the bigger suites have all been renovated with the exception of the Junior Suites which we are planning to renovate in the coming year.

We look forward to welcome you again soon to Markazia Monroe suites.

Bursa, Turkey
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Location is perfect and the rooms are spacious but the bathroom and the furniture needs to be renewed.Staff is kind and helpfull. Breakfasf buffet could be more attractive with a little bit more variaty of food.

• Stayed December 2012
mnaaman, Manager at Markazia Suites, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Mrs. ulkusimsek,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. We are happy to hear that you found the location convenient and enjoyed your stay.

We take our guests feedback very seriously and can assure you that your comments have been taken into consideration. Measures have been taken to improve breakfast selection.

We hope to welcome you again soon at Markazia Monroe Suites.