The Smallville Hotel
  • Pool
  • Pool
Padova Hotel(Beirut)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnational museumthe secret gardencool hotelmodern stylerooms are spaciousrooftop poolroom servicebusiness triptop floorbars and restaurantsbreakfast buffetreception staffdowntown beirutenjoyed my staysupermancartoonsnada
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 20, 2013

In mid October 2013 I had the pleasure to visit Beirut for the first time for the inauguration of the incredible MIM Mineral Museum housing the finest private mineral collection in the world on public display. The hotel was recommended to me by the Museum Curator and what an excellent choice. The hotel is newly built and opened just a few weeks earlier. Rooms are spacious, very clean, bar and restaurant is just as nice as one could expect in Lebanon. The staff are all young, attentativ, very friendly and natiral, I would say are the face of this lovely hotel and I congratulate the Hotel Management for the selection of excellent staff from reception, cleaning ladies. bar/restaurant staff. The staff was rapid in response to my and my friends questions regarding tourism n Beirut and around the city. The Smallville Hotel is situated just a couple of hundred meters from the National Museum, 500 m from the MIM Museum and I can recommend it highly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jad S, General Manager at The Smallville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Hi Peter,

First of All, congratulations for the fantastic Museum recently inaugurated... it is one of its kind.

it is cheerful to hear that you found The Smallvillers unique, very helpful & different. This is exactly what we are trying to achieve to complement the attractive design of the hotel.

We've been so lucky to host you and the MIM attendees for such a special event, and we are glad that you liked the room, The Social restaurant & bar, and that you noticed the cleanliness levels.

hoping that this first visit to Beirut will not be the last, and looking forward to have you among us in the near future.

Cheers,

Reviewed October 18, 2013

The minute you walk in and greeted by their extra professional and friendly staff.. You know you've made the right choice.. This is probably the best hotel I've stayed in in beirut and I've visited Beirut a lot of times

The rooms are clean
Excellent design and different from your average hotel room
Food is amazing
Staff are very helpful, classy and professional
The location is not the best in Beirut but still close to everywhere.

I Highly recommend this hotel for short and long visits.

• Stayed: October 2013

Hello Marwan,

Reading your review was a delight! Thank you so much for sharing it with Tripadvisor community... it means a lot to us.

We were so excited to know that you noticed the cleanliness levels, loved the design and the food, and found The Smallvillers helpful and cooperative... this is exactly what we strive, and will continue, to do.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and looking forward to host you again, soon hopefully.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I just returned from a visit to Beirut, where I stayed for two nights at the Smallville Hotel. This place is brand-new, and hasn't even held their "grand opening" ceremony yet. The architectural design and décor are clean and elegantly modern, very fresh-looking and attractive. Everything went well: The security system is excellent, the bed was one of the most comfortable that I have ever slept on, the restaurant was very good (amazingly good burger), service was excellent (everyone spoke at least passable English), and the room had a big flat-screen TV. The air conditioning kept the room nice and cool. Furnishings were a bit Spartan -- just two desk chairs and the two beds, but it worked fine. They even sent a driver to pick us up at the airport at 3 in the morning, and arranged for a driver to take us back to the airport at 3:30 a.m.

It took us a while to figure out the electrical system in our room (it would have been nice to have a brief note with instructions) -- when you enter your room the lights stay on only for a minute or so unless you insert your room card into the slot by the door and leave it there. Otherwise the lights all go out, and even the outlets turn off. Maybe this is common knowledge among regular visitors to the Middle East but this was my first trip there (we attended the opening of the spectacular new Mim Museum of Mineralogy on the St. Joseph University Campus).

The bathroom was fine, although the floor of the shower stall was very smooth and slippery -- they might want to add a better gripping surface somehow. But those issues are very minor, and I will definitely stay there if I go to Beirut again.

Room Tip: We were on the eighth floor, and it was very quiet, no street noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Jad S, General Manager at The Smallville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Wendell,

A million thanks for the honest feedback about your stay at The Smallville, and for the constructive feedback.

It is always cheerful to read positive reviews, but even more cheerful to read what our guest suggest we can improve.

Though you mentioned the great bed, security, staff, food & namely burger, design..., the points that you listed where we can do better are equally important, and we will not spare any efforts to improve and fix them.

we will work harder to satisfy every request and enhance the stay experience at The Smallville, and show the difference during your next visit.

See you soon,

Reviewed October 6, 2013

One of newest kind on block of stagnating hotel business in Beirut. It is fantastic design, great attentive staff, large rooms with comfortable beds, awesome restaurant, roof top pool with nice view,... and all of that for really good price

Room Tip: Standard rooms are fine. But check quality of wifi connection. It is free but varied from room to another.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Mactomi,

First, allow me to thank you so much for posting your "wow" review on tripadvisor. it really means to us when guests share their feedback about their stay at The Smallville hotel.

We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed and liked the design, the "Smallvillers", the comfy bed, the view, the pool ,the restaurant and most importantly that you think the it is a good value for money.

we will always strive to offer such experience, and we look forward to welcoming you back at all times.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I spent a week at the Smallville hotel. We love staying in hotels and tried quite a few ones in Lebanon.

We were positively surprised upon our arrival by the stylish and modern look it has. The hotel is brand new, the lobby very cozy and homey with designer chairs I'd definitely take home with me! (Not a boutique hotel though).

The room was spacious and modernly decorated, with a very trippy wallpaper on the ceiling and walls. The mattress and cushions- very important point for us ;) - were comfortable and the staff motivated and efficient. I like the fact that their outfits are casual, (cute T-shirts and jeans for the bellboys) making me feel this hotel was particularly targeted for young urban professionals and couples.

Another good point is the small surprises we'd find every afternoon in our room, delicious desserts or fruits awaiting for us after a long day :)

Although we only took our breakfast there, it was delicious, a special bravo to the chef for his Kimchi! They're still working on the menu, and a list of green detox juices will soon be served, my kind of beverages!

The negative points I can note were the gym and the infinity pool. First one was gloomy and small, no windows, and we immediately felt claustrophobic. the latter was small and although on the roof with a beautiful view on the hippodrome, the place was cold and impersonal. But again, they are still working on that part of the hotel.

Overall, it was an excellent experience and we're already planning to come back in December. I warmly recommend this hotel, specially that it very well located: outside of the very crowdy heart of the city, but close enough from business or shopping centers. Go for it!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jad S, General Manager at The Smallville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Hello Sabine,

It was great to have you and Patrick staying with us during this visit to Beirut, and thank you so much for the constructive and motivating review.

we are thrilled that you liked our lobby, rooms, food and staff uniforms. I am sure you noticed that we are trying to be different and offer a new experience to our guests.

For the Gym & Pool, I can say that you definitely have a point, but as also mentioned, both are not finished yet and we are, along with interior designers, trying to add some personalization and warmth to both areas.

I hope by next visit you will see more improvement, and we look forward to surprise further.

Again, thank you for the time spend to review us, and see you soon.

Cheers,