“Great location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #55 of 119 Hotels in Beirut
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed here recently for a conference so I don't actually know how much the hotel costs. The rooms are just okay --certainly not 5 star--and the breakfast buffet is good but not great. What is fantastic is the location and the view. Situated on the corniche, the view of the Mediterranean is unbelievably gorgeous and you can easily walk to Hamra and along the Corniche or up to Pigeon Rocks. The hotel is quite, quite comfortable and I have no complaints but it may be advertising as 5 star, which it is not quite.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view on higher floor
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ohdesi74

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

I'll just start by saying this a good hotel that is clean and the service is very good. The view (depending on which side the hotel you are situated) is the big blue ocean.
We were given complementary gym passes for the time we are at the Riviera, the service was fast and the staff was so polite.
No complaints. The decor could use some upgrades but overall, it felt safe and clean.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank teisterschoice
Burlington, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

With their very competitive early bird rates you can not get a better deal in that location. The first impression was really bad when the the receptionist messed with my credit card. First of all taking all the payment in advance upon check in was an uncommon practice in hotels I've been to. However I had no problem with that and handed her my card, she made the transaction twice and I got a text message from my bank that 2 transfers had occurred. But the lady had another opinion, she said that the transaction failed and still wants me to pay with another card or cash! After many long debates with my bank and their bank they claimed that they will reject the payment and will send it back to my bank but now I have to pay in cash ! Sadly My bank suspended my credit card and I couldn't use it during my whole stay ! I paid all the cash I have to them and stayed with no budget all the 4 days in Lebanon ! Simply they ruined my vacation.

The good things : the location for sure, few minutes from El Hamra St. and El Rawsha rock . The pools are amazing, pool parties are crazy and you can also have access to the sea from the pool side. There are also some jet skis and sea activities.
The room was average in size and very clean, no noise at all. The house keeping was convenient. The bed was cozy. The room service was fast and the food was tasty and hot.

Everything seemed to be perfect if only that silly situation hadn't happened upon check in.

I would probably go back to Riviera but with a lot of cash and no credit cards this time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank H_Gamal
Verona, Italy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Room was not clean, room service response was slow and poor (I had to call 4 times to get an answer about breakfast and manage to get a menu), I could not get anything else than 4 bed pillows that were so thick I could not use any, quality of service and food at the cafè quite poor, and the morning I left I went into the room before checking out and found one of the staff was using the toilet... really disappointing. It may be the off-season effect, but I found the entire service and place a lot more shabby than it used to be during summer.
For a hotel that pretends to be a 5 stars, not really a 5 stars service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

RivieraHotelBeirut, General Manager at Riviera Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Mrs. Graziani,

Greetings from Riviera Hotel Beirut!

Allow us first to thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are of course concerned to learn that your experience fell short and that we were unable to meet your expectations in the points you have mentioned in the feedback, especially regarding the pillows we would like to know if you requested to change them!!!

And concerning the quality of food and service, necessary trainings have been undergone to make sure your order taking is more accurate during your future stays with us

Therefore, please allow us to take your feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our services and facilities.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon to your second home in Beirut!

Best Regards,

Main Hotel Fax: +961 (0) 1 365239
Reservation Fax: +961 (0) 1 366616
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Location, Room and Services are really GREAT ...I enjoyed my stay a lot!!!! Breakfast by the Ocean and the staff warm hospitality is really SUPER!!!!! From the reception toall services thumbs up the rooms were very nice, ocean view, the service was excellent. the location and the view are terrific. The pool and outdoor area isnice but it was already winterized, and the food in the restaurant is very good.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the ocean AMAZING VIEW
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Totally hooked on Riveira... Made me feel at home the first time I went over, now it is my home whenever I am in beautiful Lebnan... you know that feeling of comfort you feel when being away from home for while just as you enter the door... the moment I step off the taxi... walk up the stairs of the main entry... viola... ahhhhhhhh!! I'm home... :-)))

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Cyprus
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

The Riviera wins the Beirut location award hands down: on the Corniche, fabulous sea views, close to the restaurants and student life of Hamra and AUB and conveniently close to both Downtown and Verdun. It's just a shame that it's not a better hotel. I think it might have been a fine place once but it's showing its age now. The rooms are adequate in that they aren't a bad size and have most of the stuff you need, but the decor is not so much tired as exhausted and the carpet looks distinctly grubby. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were terrible. My top three hotel gripes are bad pillows, feeble showers and long life milk, and the Riviera struck out on all three counts. The breakfast, apart from the dreaded LLM, was OK but nothing flash. I don't know how many stars the Riviera has but in my view it's at most 4-star, with maybe a point or two shaved off - say a three and a half star. With all those caveats in mind, stay there if you want to enjoy the sea view and the convenience, and enjoy their pool area, but don't expect too much. Oh, yeah, and if they say that use of the guest lounge is included in the tariff, check to see if the guest lounge is actually functioning. We were told on check-in that we were welcome to use it but subsequently found that it was closed for renovation.

• Stayed August 2013