“Amazing Pool Party”

Riviera Hotel Beirut
Ranked #67 of 113 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed August 21, 2013

If you want a real pool party book at this hotel
If you want to eat at a great sea food restaurant book at this hotel
If you want refreshing drinks and cocktails book at this hotel

Great experience , amazing staff and great atmosphere

However the down side of this hotel is it need serious renovation starting with the rooms and special the bathrooms, I would only stay for 1 night to experience the pool party for free and sleep there instead of paying the admission fee (32$)

If i was the owner I would keep the pool and knockdown the hotel and re build it again and modernize it with more rooms and more floors

I would stay there for 1 night only and then go somewhere else

Room Tip: Sea view all the way
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fadi13

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I had a great stay with my family.beutiful sea view.best pool lounge i"ve seen.had to drag my kids to leave.loved sitting on the balcony.you:ll forget everything just watching the sea.the staff was great.especaily may.smiling all time.

Room Tip: sea view rooms r the best
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Two colleagues and I took a couple of days off and went to Beirut for a weekend. We booked early at the Riviera, and it was a good thing we did.

The hotel is in a superb spot on the Corniche. Metres away from the Med, a short walk from Hamra street, it was ideal for three friends to pass a weekend.

The staff was courteous, providing the level of service that one comes to expect from any hotel that wishes to thrive. As we arrived a bit early, they allowed us to wait in the comfortable lounge with complimentary cocktail and relax. The first impression is often stated to be the most important one, and in this case, the first impression was solid gold.

Once we got to the rooms, we found the standard room to more than accommodating. The beds were comfortable, the refrigerator cold, the water pressure fine, and the balcony was awesome. Our rooms were located on the seaward side of the building, and it offered a phenomenal view of the Mediterranean Sea and the pool across the road.

The pool area itself was worth the stay at the hotel. As guests of the hotel, we had access to the pool, which had its own weekend DJ, and were able to enjoy the water, the sun and a few drinks with about 400 others. While this seems like a large number, the design and layout of the pool provided everyone with ample space and comfort. Pool hours close in late afternoon, providing sufficient time to shower, clean up and enjoy the Beirut evening and night life.

The breakfast the hotel offers is above average. It is served near the pool and offers a wide variety of foods, from hot through cold. A cook stands ready to serve you a to-order omelette and the breads and cheeses provide the newly woken visitor a solid meal to start the day.

The only drawbacks to the hotel would be that the back of the hotel does not provide an aesthetically pleasing view. A window there opens up to some derelict structures that can be found throughout Beirut. The second is that because the pool is a very popular venue, it does get rented for parties and receptions. On the second night of our stay, there was a wedding reception and the very, very loud music made it difficult to relax and try to get some sleep until the music stopped shortly after midnight.

In summary, if I was to head to Beirut again for business, this hotel might not be the best. But, for a relaxing weekend of fun and entertainment, you'd be hard pressed to find a better location in Beirut, especially for the reasonable price they offer.

Room Tip: The seaward side of the hotel has rooms with an unparalleled view of the Mediterranean Sea and the r...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This hotel my 1st time in Beirut, the staff was very kind helpful and welcoming for starters. Best to get a room with sea view because the view is amazing! I will stay here again as I enjoyed my stay and the staff went out their way! For example I needed to iron my shirt, the housekeeper brought an iron but looked at my shirt and said let us iron it for you downstairs in our facility give us 10mins. So awesome and kind!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I booked this hotel because you get access to their "beach club" w/ your stay, and it's apparently one of Beirut's must-see locations. And it really is quite a scene. If I ended up in a place like the Riviera club here at home, I'd probably run screaming from the premises. But that was the fun of it.

There was blaring music, crowds of oiled-up people in designer bikinis and sunglasses, people dancing by the swim-up bar and daybeds occupied by sunburnt revelers drinking buckets of champagne. It feels like the Jersey Shore, but in Beirut, with nargileh pipes and no brawling/PDA. You can rent jet skis, stick your kids in the kiddie pool and sit at a lounger by the main pool and people-watch. What you cannot do, however, is actually swim in the ocean. The place is more club than beach, really.

The hotel itself was fine: the room was small-ish, but tidy, quiet and perfectly adequate; the service was good. We didn't have much of a view from our room, but then, we also didn't have any noise from the beach club, which at night seems to turn into a teeny-bopper disco. The hotel's also in a pleasant neighborhood for strolling along the Corniche, enjoying the sea view and exploring Hamra and environs.

On balance, I'd say it's worth staying here for the a day or two of people-watching. But I wouldn't limit my stay in Beirut to this hotel when there are so many other good options.

Room Tip: You will get absolutely no view if you don't choose a sea-view room. But the club across the str...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2013

First impressions of this hotel are good: a great location on the Corniche, smart entrance, attentive and helpful staff. The rooms are a reasonable size although, if you don't pay the extra for a sea view, you look straight out onto other buildings. As mentioned by another reviewer, the walls are rather thin and noise from adjacent rooms penetrates easily, so hope you don't have noisy neighbours.

Breakfast was good but we didn't eat any other meals at the hotel. We were in Beirut on business so needed the Internet which was extra and expensive. Staying in December meant that the swimming pool was closed (despite the temperatures being equivalent to an English summer!) and there is no gym. The lack of any exercise facilities is my main complaint, although this wouldn't be a problem in the summer when the pool is open. Be aware that in Beirut a 'beach' does not mean a sandy area by the sea, it is a concrete area jutting out into the sea on which they have sun-beds around a pool and a bar.

So my advice: avoid in the winter, but stay in the summer - if you can afford it (and check that the pool is open at the time of booking).

Room Tip: Need to request a non-smoking room if you want one as the default is for a smoking one - and they st...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank WWWorker
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was a nice spot to stay, being on the corniche was a benefit for the fresh air and to be able go for a walk, right out the front door. It was only a few minutes to walk to Hamra street. Overall it was a comfortable hotel and the staff were very friendly. I don't think it compares to other four star hotels I've stayed in, but it is nice for the location. The room was standard size and had all the basics. We had a balcony overlooking the sea. The breeze was nice but there was some street noise, closing the doors took care of both. The floor had been refurbished and was in good condition. Our only complaint was the total lack of sound proofing between the adjoining rooms, I was told this would be taken care of as they finished the upgrades, unsure how they will do that. We stayed in early March so the pools were not open.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family